News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

green mopars?

Started by mustanghater, September 29, 2005, 02:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

is it me or are their just to many green mopars? all I see for sale are green green green!
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Khyron

nothing wrong with Green.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Stormhammer

Dale The Bold

Just try buying a refrigerator from that same era and you'll have the same thing.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Troy

Quote from: mustanghater on September 29, 2005, 02:46:32 PM
is it me or are their just to many green mopars? all I see for sale are green green green!

When you get one you can paint it... :D

I think the green ones are the only ones that survived. I used to think that over half of the 68 Chargers made were green but it just so happens that I now own three that aren't (and never have been) green. They sure did make a lot of green/tan/brown/gold cars back in those days. Kinda like silver modern cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

This would have been my next ride if my Charger sold.........mmmmm  greeen
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

blackcharger

Quote from: Dale The Bold on September 29, 2005, 03:07:30 PM
Just try buying a refrigerator from that same era and you'll have the same thing.

My Uncle has the following green,washer/dryer,stove,refridgerator.
   Dave

Brock Samson

I don't remember every year but i do remember that in 1967 Gold was the most popular color. There were trends in colors then just like now...

Silver, white and black are the popular colors now...

triple_green

Threre were 4 different greens in 1968.

Yes a lot of green, brown, tan ones survived, because they were owned by adults, not the flashy colors which were owned by young people and thrashed to death or wrecked. (I was one of those young people). Same with 4-speeds, only around 15% were made and a lot less than that survived.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

cudaken

Green is for envy Mustange. Sell the dam $130.00 models and buy a Charger, or a Aspen something so you won't have the time to think of these post ;D

Take it as kidding around and not me being nasty. I posted on the old site "if you are posting you are not wrenching on your Mopar". My self, letting her site, tired of head aches. ;D

Here is a idea, post what color should I paint my ash trays? ;D Mustanghater, please buy a Mopar, would love to see a post about how to pull my engine and not my ---- ;)

You are more than free to blow me Chevy about my spelling.

By the way, my first Charger was a 1970 383 HP colume shift triple geen. Yeck, dye the roof black and did a stripe to break it up some.

Hope I am not getting the finger while you read this, like I said I am kidding around. Not the part about buying a Mopar, think 91 Daytona ;D I have one and like it.

Cuda Ken

What color under ware should I ware when I drive my Charger?
I am back

mustanghater

I don't hate the color, I just think that alot are green.I lived with a triple green satillite most of my life so I don't hate the color.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

70charginglizard

Green is mean!

The lizard is green.  :devil:

GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN.....YEAHAWW! GREEN ROCKS!  :icon_smile_tongue:
70charginglizard

ScottW

I like green!  :laugh:
My wife doesn't. Because it's green she says it reminds her of her dad's 73 Buick Century! :flame:
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Brock Samson

BigBlockSam

i took my package tray off my black 69 se and yep, it was originally green. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: blackcharger on September 29, 2005, 03:33:41 PM
Quote from: Dale The Bold on September 29, 2005, 03:07:30 PM

My Uncle has the following green,washer/dryer,stove,refridgerator.
    Dave

I just chucked out a green fridge.

2fast4u

My cousin and I refer to that color as the "DIG" option!   Dealer Inventory Green   :icon_smile_big:

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Brock Samson

this is the only info i could find on Mopar Color breakdown, and it concerns T/As and AARs... which would be '70 e-bod info..
but i'll keep lookin..                        :rotz:
  these color codes are awfully confusing..

RT DAVE

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Brock Samson

Big Lebowski

F8 only looks cool on a 70... :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

OldGuy

So, would you trash my green 69 because of the color.  Green isn't my favorite color but I still keep it in the garage and it does go well with the background!! :icon_smile_approve:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

bull

Quote from: triple_green on September 29, 2005, 04:47:50 PM

Yes a lot of green, brown, tan ones survived, because they were owned by adults, not the flashy colors which were owned by young people and thrashed to death or wrecked. (I was one of those young people). Same with 4-speeds, only around 15% were made and a lot less than that survived.

3X

I've got a green 4spd. Wonder what that means?

MoparYoungGun

Green is great, my Uncle's got a green '68, let's just say that I have some fun memories in a green Mopar :devil: .

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on September 30, 2005, 01:25:19 AM
Quote from: triple_green on September 29, 2005, 04:47:50 PM

3X

I've got a green 4spd. Wonder what that means?

That its probably close to one of one for Green 383 4 speed 68's?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

Didn't Galen have something in print recently alluding to the fact that green was overwhemingly the predominant color ordered for all Mopars in the late 60's?
My 69 Super Bee was that darker forest green color.

70charginglizard

Quote from: OldGuy on September 30, 2005, 12:57:06 AM
So, would you trash my green 69 because of the color.   Green isn't my favorite color but I still keep it in the garage and it does go well with the background!! :icon_smile_approve:

Carl,
So glad to see you guys still have the green 69 R/T
Still looks awesome.
To bad you guys don't live up here in the NW anymore.

70charginglizard
70charginglizard

OldGuy

Kelly,
Yup, still got the green 69.  We need to post up the Magnum Force picture taken in Kent at the first meet.  Does Mark (3X) have that picture?  Show the folks what a gaggle of green 2nd generations look like!! :icon_smile_tongue:

Miss the NW occasionally - but we are keeping busy down here.

Will keep in touch,

Carl
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Chris G.

Green is good. If they have any white in them, all the better. Sublime is obviously in a different class.

Blusmbl

My '68 is 66-1 green, I'm not too fond of it.  It's going to be repainted in GG-1 (racing green metallic) when the time comes, which is IMHO the quintessential color for most any B-body.  All the evil looks of black, with some metallic thrown in. :D
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

emanscharger

I have two 70's one is f8 green with a green gut and a black top..it gets a lot of attention..i love the color!

Big Lebowski

Quote from: emanscharger on June 13, 2006, 10:57:59 PM
I have two 70's one is f8 green with a green gut and a black top..it gets a lot of attention..i love the color!

You betcha.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

TeeWJay426

So what's wrong with green?

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

70charginglizard

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen  :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve:
70charginglizard

ChargerRob

As long as it's not :puke: PUKE green it's OK.  ;D
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

bullit68

i just bought my wife a car.its a 68 dart gts 340 conv.,and you guessed it,green.its medium green metallic,green top(now black) ,black interior and the black side stripe..i happen to like green.

70daytonaclone

Green sucks My 69 was that God Awful dark green and all I can say is it is on its way now to beaaaautifulll B-5 BLUE  Fuck that common dark shitty looking I'm SLOW DARK GREEN LOL Just haveing fun  although GREEN really SUCKS

Chris G.

Quote from: 70daytonaclone on June 14, 2006, 04:43:30 PM
Green sucks My 69 was that God Awful dark green and all I can say is it is on its way now to beaaaautifulll B-5 BLUE  Fuck that common dark shitty looking I'm SLOW DARK GREEN LOL Just haveing fun  although GREEN really SUCKS

Damn dude, tell us how you really feel.  :o

I'm guessing Cream, Dark Bronze and Gold aren't very high on your list either?

Gilbert Charger

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheGhost

TeeWJay, I always thought that your Charger was black?  Must be my screen.

I don't mind green, but I'm a bit more partial to gold or blue colors, myself.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TeeWJay426

It may look like black in some pics, but it's a dark green car, factory color.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

chrisII

ive had several green cars. i really love the medium metallic green (dont know the code) and also without a doubt lime green is one of the koolest colors on a 3rd gen.

4forty

Quote from: ChargerRob on June 14, 2006, 12:19:55 PM
As long as it's not :puke: PUKE green it's OK.  ;D

What's wrong with Puke Green???????????????????????

Shakey

I've puked a number of times in my life and it has never come up green.  More of a yellowish colour.   :D

volk68

Green is righteous!  I LOVE green...check my truck for proof:

Brightyellow69rtse

volk thats a awesome green who makes it?
      anyway my 69 was a triple green car form the factory. its yella now with a black top, black interior..Mike

Steve P.

You can own one too. All it takes is a little      :devil:GREEN:devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Shakey

I was never a huge fan of green either.  Neither was the guy I bought my car from.  One of the reasons he was selling it.  Honestly, it has grown on me!  I really think this car will look good when it's finished with the black interior, vinyl top & stripe.

And I will wash it - once it gets back on the ground.

69 OUR/TEA

Before I bought my B5 69 R/T,A friend was at the nats( 98'),and there was a F8 triple green,white stripe R/T SE for $13 K.I told him go back and put the deposit,I'll take it.Went back ,SOLD!!!! Damn.One month later,the one I have now came available.$$$$ , truck,trailor off to Palmyra,Pa to go get.My ultimate favorite on 69's is T5 copper with white top and white stripe,and triple black stripe delete.Was almost going to change mine to triple black,but figured I'd better leave mine original for one,and also because my friend has one,so I'll get to see one anyway.I'm not saying I do not like my B5 blue,white top and stripe,I'm just not doing backflips over it.

48chebbie

yeah,whats wrong with puke green........................
how'd i do that!?!?!?

Todd Wilson

LONG LIVE THE GREEN HORNET!!!!!!

Smoke20

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 29, 2005, 03:30:41 PM
This would have been my next ride if my Charger sold.........mmmmm  greeen

I've seen that GTX a few times at the Wednesday night cruise night by my house in NJ.  That car is as clean as a whistle.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Old Moparz

The previous owner actually went from a bright orange or red, to lime green on my Road Runner. I like the lime more than most greens & would probably say it's the only green I'd have ordered new. There's only a small amount of colors on the spectrum I despise, & that one is the original color on my Barracuda, Tawney Gold. It looks like dark greenish-brown mustard or the skidmark in a diaper.  :o

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

volk68

Quote from: BRIGHTYELLOW69RTSE on June 15, 2006, 08:43:29 PM
volk thats a awesome green who makes it?
      anyway my 69 was a triple green car form the factory. its yella now with a black top, black interior..Mike

It is Limefire Pearl Metallic.  It is a Martin-Senior rods & custom's color, and is available at Napa.  It is a very bright lime with a gold sheen underneath.  Hard to spray though.  It lays on very thin.

Smoke20

Oops, my bad....

THIS is the GTX I was talking about....

Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on June 16, 2006, 12:24:28 PM
Hey Nothing wrong with green!!!! :devil:

Nope their sure isnt!!!!!!!!     :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

That nice young lady seems to like the green car too.  :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

QuoteThat nice young lady seems to like the green car too.     
it looks to me like she has an itchy tit, maybe she needs a little powder.  :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

No, I think she's probably a very shy girl and she is trying to cover up because she accidentally put on her smaller sister's clothes.

greenrt_se

green

Chad L. Magee

Of the Mopars that I have owned (20+), only a few have been green:
HP2 Satellite body (was dark green metallic/black interior orginally)
1969 Charger RT shell (was triple green and stripe delete)
1969 Superbee (green/black interior and stripe delete)
1970 Coronet 4dr.

I almost have had more T5s (copper-tan metallic, I don't consider that green):
1969 Charger WHS (tan top and interior)
1969 Charger stripped shell
1969 Superbee (white interior and stripe)

Most of the cars I find and can buy are either red, black or blue lately......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

charge-it

My car will be triple black when I`m done with it. The original triple green is ugly enough to make you puke. Well at least whoever changed the vinyl was smart enough to use black.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Chryco Psycho

for what ever reason Green cars always survive usually in close to mint condition . maybe most were too embaressed to drive them or green was just ordered by older people on their death beds !!!???

sixpack70

Humm if its for old people, then why is my 70 a triple dark mettalic green V code 4spd?  :P  Unless it was for the chebby guy to drive up next to it and they yell out "nice old man car", right before the chebby guys gets smoked at the stoplight not knowing what was under the hood. My 69 Mach 1 mustang was also Black Jade, a green color similar to f8. I am leaving out the green though on that car. All black with red stripes. Charger stays triple green!
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

tan top

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 18, 2006, 12:28:51 AM
for what ever reason Green cars always survive usually in close to mint condition . maybe most were too embaressed to drive them or green was just ordered by older people on their death beds !!!???

:iagree: more often than not is green
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

AKcharger

Quote from: tan top on June 18, 2006, 06:13:24 AM

YUP I have remarked on that too. Most of the "high Impact" color cars were wrecked by idiot teenagers in the early 80's when you could pick up a used MOPAR for less than $1,000. Who wanted a "green" Charger when you could get hemi orange, red or Yellow. No, I'm not bashing green it's just the facts...Green ones are still alive today because they didn't appeal to people who would have otherwise wrecked them long ago.

I shared the "green Charger" phenomena with my kids who had a diffrent theory, they said it was because they "blended in" to the environment and were not destroyed by predators

AK

Todd Wilson

Quote from: AKcharger on June 18, 2006, 06:34:39 PM
Quote from: tan top on June 18, 2006, 06:13:24 AM

I shared the "green Charger" phenomena with my kids who had a diffrent theory, they said it was because they "blended in" to the environment and were not destroyed by predators

AK

Except Chargers dont have predators! HAHA!

Todd