News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sold the Charger I owned for years.

Started by chargerboy69, October 28, 2007, 08:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

I purchased my 1969 Charger back in February 1996 when I was 22 years old. The car had been torn apart, and put back together again. It has even been in my wedding. It is amazing how the car becomes a part of you. Basically part of the family. As some of you know I had a daughter 2 months ago. She was 5 weeks early, and spent some time in the NICU. She is fine now , but we raked up over $80,000 in bills, of which I own 10 percent out of pocket. We are also trying to sell our house to find a larger one. We did not need the extra debt. So I did what any responsible dad would do, and sell his car. I admit it was a very hard thing for me to do. It was not something I had to do, but felt like it was something I needed to do for my family. I do not like owing money to anyone. All our cars are paid off, no credit cards, all I have is my mortgage. That is the way I like it. The car is in good hands now. I sold the car to a Dodge Charger Forum member who I will not name. I will let him come forward with the car if he chooses. He is a super guy, and I know he will take excellent care of her.

Now the brighter side of the story. I was able to pay off my debt and purchase another 1969 Charger with left over cash. Now this car is not as flashy, but I will make it my own. The car spent its life outside of San Diego. I purchased it from the second owner. It is a SE car with original matching 383 AT with 30,000 original miles. It also has AC. It was painted 1 1/2 years ago its original white, which is not my favorite, but it will work for now. I also received many extra parts. And three different sets of wheels, including a beautiful set of vintage aluminum slot wheels. My 18" Boyds and Corbeau seats are already on order, and should arrive soon. The car will look totally different in the spring. It is taking getting used to not having my car anymore. But this car will turn out just as nice.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

darrin75

Well , I have to say you did the right things, and still got the reward you deserve for doing so.. :2thumbs:
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

69bronzeT5

:yesnod: :yesnod:

Even though I like the black one better....that white 69 is a nice clean looking Charger. Can't wait to see what you do with it :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Magnumcharger

Wow!
You've got to be livin' a clean life!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good luck on the new ride....looks like a real clean car.  Was it for sale on ebay a while back?

Please register it when you can & see if you can get the new owner to re register your old one.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

400/6/PAC

congrats on your new family member.
Glad your Daughter is doing well.
It sucks that you had to sell your car but you did it for your family.
Good luck  :2thumbs:

Go Hogs Go

Nice car Tim. I'm following your lead. I sold my Hemi Charger clone in July, and now I'm making the low mileage Charger I received in trade my own as well. After a little work, it will be nicer than what I had for less money. Can't wait to see what your do with it, that black Charger rocks :punkrocka:
Go Hogs!

mikesbbody

both chargers look great! i think you did the right thing. Im sure you will make the new white charger your own  :2thumbs:

70charger_boy

Cool story and look on the bright side, you can still keep your chargerboy69 name  :2thumbs:

dukeboy_318

you did the right thing congrats man, my dad went through the same thing, had to cell the 454 covertte stingray to pay the hospital bills for my siblings.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 28, 2007, 08:28:35 PM
Good luck on the new ride....looks like a real clean car.  Was it for sale on ebay a while back?

Please register it when you can & see if you can get the new owner to re register your old one.

Chris, Yes it was on E-Bay. I have sold many cars on E-Bay, but never purchased one. I talked to the guy several times, and he sent me over 100 pictures of it. I took a chance and it paid off. The car is very clean. The underside is as clean as the top.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

chargerboy69

Quote from: Go Hogs Go on October 28, 2007, 08:34:20 PM
Nice car Tim. I'm following your lead. I sold my Hemi Charger clone in July, and now I'm making the low mileage Charger I received in trade my own as well. After a little work, it will be nicer than what I had for less money. Can't wait to see what your do with it, that black Charger rocks :punkrocka:

I wanted your 4 spd car, but I wanted to pay off the hospital bills and pay for a Charger in cash. I was just short what you wanted for your car. You sure have a nice car. I had to have a spending limit.

Tim

--Gerald Ford

HITMAN 149

A BIG  :2thumbs: up to you TIM.... GLAD BABY & MOM ARE DOING WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doing (unfortunatley) what neede to be done for the family!!! maybe you should change your name to familyguy69!?!?!? hehehehe  :nana:
wow that new 69 looks nice n clean!!!!! can't wait to seee what lurks ahead!?!?!?!
looks like a nice combo w/ the black roof!!!!! got INT pics???
take care!!!!!!!
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

41husk

Nice car both previouse and current.  Glad to here your daughter is fine, I wish I was as financially sound as you.  Good luck to you.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Arkgl01

I bought the black car ;) got big plans for it! stay tuned!
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

hemi68charger

Good for you.. As others have said, you did the right thing.. I did the same thing with my '71 Charger R/T survivor...

Good luck with your new '69.... It all worked out !!!!
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TripleBlackGator

Hmmm. Debt free + $8000 medical bills = selling Charger for ?$$$$$ then buy Charger for ?$$$$$ + 18" Boyds = ?$$$$ + Corbeau seats = ?$$$. No finacial wizz here but WTF? I'm guessing sell black one for Bookoo bucks and buy white one for not so bookoo bucks. Otherwise why sell black one?

"My brain hurts" "It will have to come out!"
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Charger1973

onebadmopar

by any chance you looking to sell the aluminum slots? im seeking a set for my 69 the ones the dmcl car had

chargerman68

sorry to hear about the baby hope all is well

both cars are sweet i really like that white one....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

chargerboy69

Quote from: chargerman68 on October 29, 2007, 10:53:16 AM

My daughter is doing terrific. You would never know she was a preemie. She has already doubled in weight. It is nice to have her home. Thank you.

--Gerald Ford

chargerman68

Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 29, 2007, 01:09:30 PM

My daughter is doing terrific. You would never know she was a preemie. She has already doubled in weight. It is nice to have her home. Thank you.

your welcome,had my share of problems with my 3 girls.....hope all are doing well and enjoy that new car...
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

moparstuart

awesome story way to take care of your family man  ,   thats great alot of people run from responsibilty
  and look you got rewarded

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 29, 2007, 01:09:30 PM

Never realized the extent of the problem with your daughter... You're a stand up Dad... Now that I have my own baby daughter, I can sort of relate..... And to top it off, you were able to find another Charger !!!!!  Now, that's cool... Daddy has more than one reason to have a smile on his face and also has a Charger to pass down...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection