News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blocks

Started by Animal, October 28, 2007, 03:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

Hi guys , gonna build a stroker , got a 440 block also a 400 block , i know the 400 is the best block to use regarding the much stronger journals , but really wanna stroke the 440.

Would the 440 stand up to being stroked , also what is the max cui it will go , also what is the max a 400 will go.

Been looking through the search facility , lots of great info , has anyone stroked a 440 & would it be on the limit , as the stroker will also have around 250/300 shot of nitrous through it.

Thanks in advane.

mally69

www.440source.com  has all kinds of strokers,,  440 i beleive as large as you can go would be 543.    Im building a 512 and i bought aluminum main caps and girdle to strenghten everyting up..

Hot_Rodder

Look into these caps:
http://www.pro-gram.com/catalog.jsp part #M3840C4
They look like they would hold up to a lot of pressure, anyone want to chime in on these?

mally69

Mine are from   www.bcrproducts.com    just another place to look into :Twocents:  i bought the girdle combo and the caps came with it or you can get just the caps :icon_smile_big:

firefighter3931

Adam, have the block sonic checked before throwing any money into machine work. You want .150 cylinder wall thickness (after boring) on the major thrust side for any performance build.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Animal

Thanks guys , don't know were to start with all this , seems like some kind of voodoo. :P

Ron , i sent you a message but i don't know if it you got it.

Adam