News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New baby

Started by RallyeMike, October 27, 2007, 04:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

Much to the suprise of my wife!

Weighing in at 6800lbs, my first new truck ever, 2007 Quad Cab 2500 4x4 Cummins 6-speed Manual Big Horn Edition. No more car hauling behind a an 18 year old 360 3/4 Ton!  Dodge dealers are nearly giving away the 07's diesels right now.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TK73

Pretty cool!!  When can I go for a ride?   :rofl:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

mikesbbody

RD

how much did you get them to knock off?  what was their asking price?  I am looking at trading in the '05 hemi for a cummins... and wondering when is the best time.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RallyeMike

Similar 08's are asking around 41-42k after rebates. This one out the door was 33.

There are a ton of new 07 cummins sitting on lots here. With the 08's coming in now, pricing is competitive. I think perhaps the fact that the Hemi's have lifetime warranties a lot of people of psssing up the cummins right now   :shruggy:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

400/6/PAC

Congrats on your new baby. :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

its cute ,where is my cigar?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Congrats Mike !  :2thumbs: I've got an 05 3500 dually in the same color.....luv it !  :drool5:

The Cummins turbo diesel is an awesome torque monster.....pulls 10k like it's not even there.  :icon_smile_big:

That's an incredible price too !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

skip68

Congrats!!! But just a question: What did the wifey think?  :shruggy:  I bet she loved the "new truck smell!!!" :2thumbs: :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

Very nice. What's the Big Horn package include?

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

RallyeMike

Thanks all. I like it a LOT. I put her in 4 low and without hesitation it IDLED without any gas pedal backward up my 2:1 slope driveway. Torque baby! No more getting passed by tripple mail trucks on the Pendelton Grade. The mags say it will run a 15.3 quarter in stock form - something I don't plan to verify.

Ron: Looked at the dually and even spun one, but could get a much better deal on the 2500 due to the current stock. They are nice though.

Bull: The Big Horn is a value group that includes Satellite radio, 17x8 forged alum wheels, fog lamps, leather wrapped steering wheel, rear slider window, and a complete Class IV tow set up (less controller)

Skip: Wifey's cool. That's why I married her.

Cigars for all     :apimp:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

69charger2002

cool truck. i almost bought one a few months ago. they are/were $33k here too.. $600+ a month for 5 years just didn't feel right. i can afford it, but it would have made me nautious.  i bought a 99 dually that's been modified and money left over for chargers! the test drive on that 07 sure was tempting though. they are sweet trucks! congrats on your new mortgage  :nana:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Big Lebowski

Cool, what kinda mileage are you getting with the Cummins vs. the 5.7 Hemi? Does anybody even buy long bed 4x4 quad cab Hemi's? I'm thinking they're pretty much all diesels. :shruggy:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Todd Wilson

Quote from: RD on October 27, 2007, 06:05:00 PM
how much did you get them to knock off?  what was their asking price?  I am looking at trading in the '05 hemi for a cummins... and wondering when is the best time.

You never give more then 1-2% over invoice.   I can get new Dodges for 1% below invoice PLUS incentives. I kill em bad when I go buy a new unit. I wish I could get a new diesel as this is the time of year on big cash back incentives.

We were shooting the BS with the general manager at the dealership a while back after our meeting for next years Charger Fever show  and he said dealerships have roughly 6grand to play with on the diesel trucks.

Todd

RallyeMike

QuoteCool, what kinda mileage are you getting with the Cummins vs. the 5.7 Hemi? Does anybody even buy long bed 4x4 quad cab Hemi's? I'm thinking they're pretty much all diesels

Mileage? Who cares! ....but I've heard 18-20 hwy on the diesel once broken in. Ya, it looks like most quad 4x4 long beds are diesel. You have to look high and low for manual transmission anymore.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

firefighter3931

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 28, 2007, 11:05:35 AM
QuoteCool, what kinda mileage are you getting with the Cummins vs. the 5.7 Hemi? Does anybody even buy long bed 4x4 quad cab Hemi's? I'm thinking they're pretty much all diesels

Mileage? Who cares! ....but I've heard 18-20 hwy on the diesel once broken in. Ya, it looks like most quad 4x4 long beds are diesel. You have to look high and low for manual transmission anymore.

Mike, i just got 21.5 mpg (hwy) on a roadtrip to NH to scoop a Bike for my buddy.  :icon_smile_big:

On the Norwalk trip last month....pulling my 26ft enclosed race car hauler with a 3600lb Coronet/tools/ATV etc...i got 16mpg cruising at 65. Not bad for an 8000lb truck pulling a brick.  :2thumbs:

Only mods to date : K&N cold air filter kit and MBRK (stainless) strait thru muffler. Looking at the quadzilla xzt box that is an economy/towing module that yields 65hp/160tq. That upgrade with give the typical 600 series Cummins and incredible 390hp & 770 ftlbs.  :cheers:

A friend who works at a local Dodge dealership and is the lead wrench on all the CTD's told me the Diesel engines aren't really broken in until 50k miles. Mine just turned 42k.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70charginglizard

Sweet!

Wish I could afford a big full size rig like that but my daks about all I can afford these days.
70charginglizard

RECHRGD

Nice looking newborn!  I've got the same thing in an '04 model except it's an automatic.  I don't seem to be able to make the mileage numbers that others talk about.  Just got back from pulling a u-haul full of stuff to my daughters place in Nebraska and only got 12mpg with the trailer and 15mpg on the return trip with no load.  Most of the speed limits on the trip were 75mph, so I'm sure running 75/80 had a lot to do with it.  The best mileage I have ever gotten was 19mpg with no load and averaging about 60mph.  It just turned 50K miles so maybe it's broken in now.  Diesel just hit 3.69 here in beautiful Spokane Washington. :flame: :flame:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

RallyeMike

QuoteMike, i just got 21.5 mpg (hwy) on a roadtrip to NH to scoop a Bike for my buddy. 

On the Norwalk trip last month....pulling my 26ft enclosed race car hauler with a 3600lb Coronet/tools/ATV etc...i got 16mpg cruising at 65. Not bad for an 8000lb truck pulling a brick. 

Only mods to date : K&N cold air filter kit and MBRK (stainless) strait thru muffler. Looking at the quadzilla xzt box that is an economy/towing module that yields 65hp/160tq. That upgrade with give the typical 600 series Cummins and incredible 390hp & 770 ftlbs. 

A friend who works at a local Dodge dealership and is the lead wrench on all the CTD's told me the Diesel engines aren't really broken in until 50k miles. Mine just turned 42k. 

Thanks for the report! This is my first Cummins.... had it two days and I am already sure that I will never go back to gas, just like everyone said would happen. Crawed under it last night to look around - gawd, they build these trucks like tanks. 

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"