News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Simply AWSOME custom Charger.

Started by 1FastCharger, October 26, 2007, 07:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FastCharger

66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

70charger_boy

Heres the story behind the awesome car.  At first I liked it, but when I sobered up, it looks like crap
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33382.0.html

1FastCharger

Forza

Its a sad day when I agree with Charger boy, but that thing is fucking hideous. I'd rather ride Star Jones :eek2:

RallyeMike

The car is in Mopar Action this month. I admire the workmanship, but question the vision. The front end looks like it was wrecked, re-assembled as a jr-high shop class project, and never finsihed.
:eek2:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

69bronzeT5

The dash, the shortened body, the missing front bumper.... :eek2:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Hemidog

what are they trying to make? don't they know they just could have bought themselves a camaro?

Ghoste

Rack

All that work, and the guy puts a rusted spring on the front seat "mechanism".

Guess he was too busy taking something beautiful and crapping all over it?

There are a couple of nice things about that car... one of them being that is use to be a 68 charger.

xp29f8b

Nope, don't like it. It takes away some of the things that make the 68 great, like the grill, tail light set up, side markers, crease in the door below the mirror just to name a few. :Twocents:

2Gunz

I think the outside is pretty nice.

But the inside is horrid.

I would give 5 or 6 thousand for it....    :icon_smile_big:

hutch

all that work and the dude could not come up with custom seat rails?
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

TruckDriver

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 27, 2007, 01:35:06 AM
The dash, the shortened body, the missing front bumper.... :eek2:

Looks like a Chip Foose project :puke:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

Or someone's interpretation of Foose.

suntech

I guess the craftmanship is nice, but i have never seen so much bad taste putted in to one car before :eek2:!!!
But there are apparently a customer for everything, since there are peolpe bidding on it.  :shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Ghoste

On the positive side, it's probably great fun to drive.  :shruggy:

69chargerboy

I think they had a good concept in mind, but the outcome was horrible. Everything looks out of place, especially the interior. Too Bad..... That's horrible.  :down: :badidea:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

SRT-440

U can tell they were trying to follow the new challengers' design..no front bumper, shortened, big wheels..I understand what they were going for, however it's sad to see a 68 get chopped up.  :shruggy:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Skyview69

41husk

I would say the majority, don't care much for the concept :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1FastCharger

I agree that the grille looks wrong. It should be recessed with concealed lights. There may not be a whole lot of room behind the grille to recess it much, but a little would help. I also agree it needs a front bumper. The front end looks too blunt. Of course a car like this will not appeal to everyone. People even criticize the differences between the 68-70 model years. I personally do not like the '70 grille/bumper.

If this was considered a concept for a future model it could be revised. Even the new Challenger wil not look exactly like the concept. I would much rather drive this car than a DOH clone.

JR

I dunno man, I could take the ugly out of GL clone alot quicker than I could fix this 68. Maybe the builders had an affection for Pug nosed dogs and thought the Charger was "too much car" and too big to handle. So they tried to turn it into a Cum-arrow.

Nothing personal dude, but I'd bet 99 percent of us here were drawn to Chargers in the first place because of their incredibe, beautiful styling.

It's like they took Cindy Crawford, made her 3 feet shorter, gave her Micheal Jackson's nose, the flat ass of a 90 year old, and put her in a clown suit to draw that much extra attention to her.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

1FastCharger

I am not saying I would chop up a nice 2nd gen, but If that Charger were a concept of a new model I would drive it. Everyone here loves the 68-70 models, but lets face it - Chrysler will never build them again. If this car would go into production I think it would sell. Retro looks are hot and it resembles a Charger much more than the current model out there.