News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's wrong with this picture? Ebay '69 Charger R/T w/ matching?????

Started by hemi68charger, October 26, 2007, 08:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

That car is almost to nice to drive. . . Na, I would drive the s%^t out of it.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

?vnRT

?vnRT

Here's a close up so you can see the numbers clearer

bull

hemigeno

0X01B8

My incorrect 69 E440 HP has a 4/3 date on the pad near the distributor and the pad near the oil pan says 9Axxxxxx - don't remember the actual numbers.  So the Lynch road plant wasn't putting full vins on the block as of April 69?  My correct 727 has only the partial vin as well - it's a 1/16/68 Hamtrammck car.

On the trans stamp the characters are lined up all crazy in the up/down direction and double stamped, like the factory had never done a stamping before - although that would also support the conclusion that it was a real factory screwup by a rookie.  I'd think if the factory thought it important enough to stamp a vin on the motor/trans they would also thought it important to check the accuracy as well.  They got it wrong in two places and missed both?

1FastCharger

It doesn't look like the seller is trying to defraud anyone. If he was he surely would not have added to his description pointing out the problem. He could have easily let it go and someone (not familiar with DC.COM) might buy it.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

1FastCharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 26, 2007, 09:42:38 AM
Its a 440 hemi!   :o

Ha Ha Ha......that reminds me of an old Joe Don Baker movie. It might have been one of the Walking Tall movies where someone asked what he had under the hood of his Mopar. He replied..."it's a 383 Hemi."  :rofl:
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

bull

Quote from: 1FastCharger on October 29, 2007, 01:13:39 AM
It doesn't look like the seller is trying to defraud anyone. If he was he surely would not have added to his description pointing out the problem. He could have easily let it go and someone (not familiar with DC.COM) might buy it.

I don't think he is scamming either and it's quite possible the stamp was done by someone before him. I've known guys who've stamped engines to make them appear numbers matching and be quite honest about it to the people they sell the car to, but there's no guarantee that guy will do the same when he sells the car.

Bob Hanner

?vnRT

When I get home today I'll put some interior pictures on this posting. I can't upload anymore pictures on ebay i've reached my limit of 24 pics!!

?vnRT

Interior pic's of the RT on eBay.