News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW: '69 HP engine with a six-pack setup...

Started by 69Charger_440, October 25, 2007, 07:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Charger_440

I received a call today from a person I bought parts off of a year and a half ago.  He was calling to say that he has a 69 HP engine with the six-pack setup.  He says it originally came out of a Challenger.  Now I am no expert, but I don't ever remember seeing a Challenger coming out with the six-pack from the factory (please correct me if I am wrong.)  Anyhow, he was wondering if I was interested.  Now my question is, how much do you all think it is worth?  He says it runs and is complete.  Opinions?

Thanks,

Fernando   

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on October 25, 2007, 07:25:12 PM
I received a call today from a person I bought parts off of a year and a half ago.  He was calling to say that he has a 69 HP engine with the six-pack setup.  He says it originally came out of a Challenger.  Now I am no expert, but I don't ever remember seeing a Challenger coming out with the six-pack from the factory (please correct me if I am wrong.)  Anyhow, he was wondering if I was interested.  Now my question is, how much do you all think it is worth?  He says it runs and is complete.  Opinions?

Thanks,

Fernando   

Oops, forgot to add that he says he knows where there are 14 Dusters and some other mopars.  Don't have any pics, but if I get some or anymore info I will let you guys know.  I couldn't talk much because I was at work.  Anyhow, I'll keep you all posted. 

1FastCharger

Challengers came with 6 packs. I have one sitting at the shop. It could be a date code '69 for an early model 70 Challenger.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

69charger2002

that's crazy! he called me too. he must have gone down the list. nice guy.. i bought parts from him too. i think he wanted $15000 for the 440 6 pack motor?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69Charger_440

That must be him.  When he first called me I (mis)understood that he wanted $1,500.00 for the engine.  When he told me that he was selling it for $15,000.00, I kinda laughed because that is wayyyyyyyy out of my price range, even to flip it.  So if anyone is interested in a '69 HP 6-pack engine I could give you his contact info.  He currently has the engine in a '74 RR and wants $15,000.00 for it, and $10,000.00 for the RR without the engine.  That's if I didn't misunderstand him again.   :shruggy: 

Fernando

69charger2002

yeah i thought he meant $1500 too and even then sitting for 20 years i was gonna "think" about it.. when he said $15000 i was like.. wait you can get a crate HEMI for less than that.. oh well, maybe someone that has that original challenger is still around somewhere
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Alaskan_TA

Can one of you guys ask the guy what the VIN on the block is for me please?

Barry

69Charger_440

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on October 25, 2007, 10:38:26 PM
Can one of you guys ask the guy what the VIN on the block is for me please?

Barry

Sure thing, I'll try and get it by today.

Fernando

69_500

What is he going to do with the 14 Dusters? I'd love a 4 speed Duster to just toy with.