News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Profile of a modern Javelin...

Started by plum500, October 25, 2007, 11:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

Feedback, critiques always appreciated.. 

Cheers.

moparstuart

the new  honda javelin crx  oh sorry amx
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

kinda stubby two seater ya' got there, i like the 1969 FORD GT Mark IV stripe,.. on a ford.
no bumpers?..  :shruggy:
nice keep it up,.. i'd like to see it a bit longer... escpecially if it's a Jav and not an AMX.

Old Moparz

It looks good, but it also looks like a Nissan with different windows.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

plum500

Hmm. Well, I don't see any CRX there that's for sure.  ::)

I'll work on the proportions - probably could be a bit longer, maybe a bit bigger green house in the forward direction too. Dunno.

Stripe is a modified version of that which is right off a '72 Javelin though.

No bumpers as such that you would see from a profile shot. All molded plastic over structure underneath these days anyway. Backend - minor detail, maybe some flowing of the fastback underneath the spoiler into the backend - but clean from the side. Minor details and rectangle light setup to avoid any Vette comparisons - though that is essentially the overall very clean look I was shooting for.

Front - molded like everything else out there - though I did leave out some grill detail that would probably be evident from the side.

Hmm... back to the drawing board.... thanks for the feedback as always though...  :cheers:

Though I do find that anything modern with 2 doors, generally is automatically cursed and labelled Honda, Nissan or Toyota - no matter what the lines. Man there be nothing' there that is similar to that 350! (other than physical size, and OK, the headlight -- but I'm at somewhat of a disadvantage in not having a 3D model to show what I had in mind from the front).

*sigh* I'll try again later :) (yikes, seeing that comparison of the 350 though, I am a little disappointed in how close the proportions are so I suppose I understand every comment here after all, regardless of any lines :))

moparstuart

Brock Samson

no don't stop...
i was just thinking the bumpers should have the lines showing where they are, and the surface detailing showing their "bump strips"

see how much room is aft of the doors?.. that's the rear pass area....

you gotta sports car there Plum...

BMOTOXSTAR

:drool5: :drool5:
That looks sweet.
I really want a 70's Javelin. :D
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Old Moparz

I never said it looked bad, in fact I like the 350 Z. If the design doesn't bother you, why be so concerned over a handful of comments by others? You have to remember that the majority of the people on this forum are big fans of "old" muscle cars that are about as aerodynamic as a brick.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

Khyron

I miss my old 72 SST :(

Looking good, but I do agree, she needs to be a bit longer  :2thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

nakita7

moparstuart

Brock Samson