News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where is the best place to get seats for a 68

Started by MikeMacCham, October 22, 2007, 12:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeMacCham

hey guys, I am redoing my interior and the front seats need reupholstered, any ideas on the best way to go as far as looking decent and not to much $$? how much more is it to just year one new vinyl for the seats?
"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"

bull

If you want the stock look you'll have to order them through the usual places, although Legendary Auto Interiors is where the vendors get the new foam and original covers. If you don't want stock the sky's the limit.

http://legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/catcatalog/dtl_allcatalog.aspx?id=AA&make=C&year=68&desc=charger

MikeMacCham

Sheesh! think it would be cheaper to fabricate with a local guy? Think it would look decent? Is it $341 for both seats?
"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"

bull

Quote from: MikeMacCham on October 22, 2007, 10:32:18 PM
Sheesh! think it would be cheaper to fabricate with a local guy? Think it would look decent? Is it $341 for both seats?

No, I don't think it would look decent... let me rephrase, I don't think it would look right. It's $341 for both front buckets and $236 for the rear bench for a total of $577 plus shipping.

Dennis K

I believe Dante's Mopar Parts is the best place to buy the Legendary seat upholstery and the foam, he has decent prices and won't rape you on shipping, either.

MikeMacCham

how much do you think that would run?

The back seats are mint, the front ones are pretty much done.
"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"

68charger383

I just got mine done using legendary interior covers. I called them up and told them that Year one had a 20% off sale and I wanted to buy from Legendary...but 20% is 20%...so they gave me the 20% discount on my covers, headliner and carpet. Give it a shot!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

MikeMacCham

DUDE THAT IS SO INSAINLY PHAT! That's the same set up I need too, headliner, front seats and the foam inserts.... :drool5:
"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"

Runner

that looks soooooo good with the blue!   

dantes is having a holiday sale until like  the 10th of december.  hes my source for interior.      as far as having a local guy  do them.....  we have a local guy here that has prople bring him cars from california, im pretty sure he could do the seats better than legandary. but he would charge more than 300 bucks to do it and it would take a year to get your seats back   lol. 

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six