News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My ebay nightmare and the link, not planning on payment from seller

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 18, 2007, 09:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

He wrote me this morning thanking me and apologizing for being rude.  Thank God he hasn't been through what I've been through.  The money is a great start to mending my ways (engine).
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

That is one reason that I don't really pay any attention to the feedback on ebay. I just bid on an item I want, and if it appears to be a legit auction. If the guy has a negative feedback, I look it up and see what it was for. Many times its for something like slow shipment, or slow payment. If it was for slow payment, and I'm buying from him, I don't worry about it.

Ghoste

I generally just look at the trend.  You can't please everyone so if the bullk are positive, then...
And you know, I remember everybody's old pal Frank Mitchell seemed to have a gift for maintaining a nearly flawless record even though the mere mention of his name can bring up dozens and dozens of unsatisfied customers and only a tiny handful saying no problem.

dukeboy_318

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 25, 2007, 01:32:11 PM
Well, who would of thought :icon_smile_question:  The seller of my Charger actually returned 2,000.00 towards my rebuilding of a more original motor. :2thumbs:  As others have said, I am lucky, and I appreciate it big time.  Let the rebuilding begin.

wow howd you score that.  i didnt think hed refund anything let alone that amount
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

The70RT

Quote from: Ghoste on October 27, 2007, 12:27:11 PM
I generally just look at the trend.  You can't please everyone so if the bullk are positive, then...
And you know, I remember everybody's old pal Frank Mitchell seemed to have a gift for maintaining a nearly flawless record even though the mere mention of his name can bring up dozens and dozens of unsatisfied customers and only a tiny handful saying no problem.

Some of those large aftermarket company's can have 20 negatives a month and eBay let's them sell still. They sell a hundred items a day is why I guess. I seen one seller tells the customer after they win a bid that there item is back ordered. They still list the item though? I have had around 20-25 transactions with Frank and always got it fast and like he promised. Some buyers blame the seller for slow shipping or a lost item......been there done that. My last negative came from an idiot that bought some new parts from me that still had the plastic covering on them and he thought it was used with a dull finish. After he gave a neg. I told him to peel the plastic off moron  :slap:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us