News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood Scoop for 70 R/T

Started by Streetwize, October 23, 2007, 07:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hood scoop for 70 R/T?

Standard 3" six pack
7 (50%)
5" Monster six pack
3 (21.4%)
5" Mega T/A
2 (14.3%)
Take your pick
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Streetwize

Here's the deal guys, I know I've been away a looong time (working out of the country for 7 of the last 12 months!) but I just built a 700 horse 517 motor I just built, Chapman Stage VI MW heads, 12:1, big hydraulic roller, 1050cfm Pro-systems carb. 380 cfm of intake flow.

Right now i have to run an Indy dual plane intake that has been MW ported by me so it will fit (barely) under the stock hood with a drop base air cleaner, The motor can't get enough air and I will be changing the car back to the original 4 speed so at that time I'll be going to the big Indy Single plane.

VFN has either a standard six pack (which I've had and is ok) but I may want a taller 5" Air cleaner so I'm thinking either the Frankenstein Six pack or the Mega T/A scoop which can be seen (on a Challenger hood) here. I like the looks of the standard T/A hood but with the scallops of the factory 70 hood both the six pack and the T/A will tend to look a little shorter and squattier than on a flat hooded car like a roadrunner. I'm open for other ideas but I want something decidedly Mopar...up to 5" high, the standerd 3" are cool but I figure this time if I'm gonna have a scoop o nthe car it might as well be a SCOOP!!

No i won't put a cowl induction style or any either old 70 style pro-stock or newer style Aero on it.

Thanks!

Wize
Wize

www.StreetwizePerformance.com

Streetwize

I already posted in Paint/Body but If I guessed correctly I'll get many more responses here...thanks in advance! :cheers:

Here's the deal guys, I know I've been away a looong time (working out of the country for 7 of the last 12 months!) but I just built a 700 horse 517 motor I just built, Chapman Stage VI MW heads, 12:1, big hydraulic roller, 1050cfm Pro-systems carb. 380 cfm of intake flow.

Right now i have to run an Indy dual plane intake that has been MW ported by me so it will fit (barely) under the stock hood with a drop base air cleaner, The motor can't get enough air and I will be changing the car back to the original 4 speed so at that time I'll be going to the big Indy Single plane.

VFN has either a standard six pack (which I've had and is ok) but I may want a taller 5" Air cleaner so I'm thinking either the Frankenstein Six pack or the Mega T/A scoop which can be seen (on a Challenger hood) here. I like the looks of the standard T/A hood but with the scallops of the factory 70 hood both the six pack and the T/A will tend to look a little shorter and squattier than on a flat hooded car like a roadrunner. I'm open for other ideas but I want something decidedly Mopar...up to 5" high, the standerd 3" are cool but I figure this time if I'm gonna have a scoop o nthe car it might as well be a SCOOP!!

No i won't put a cowl induction style or any either old 70 style pro-stock or newer style Aero on it.

Thanks!

Wize

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tascoop.jpg (4.85 KB, 350x136 - viewed 2 times.)

Wize

472 R/T SE

Lookie there, long lost moderator's here.  New member over @ the Registry is runnin' this one.  Not sure which one it is. 

If you're gonna scoop it I say go big, six pack big.

Streetwize

Long lost....Yeah....Lost for 3 months in Trinidad, 1 month in Austria and 3 months 1/2 way around the world in Malaysia...Working 70-80 hrs a week on top of that. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Wize

Streetwize

Here's the 5" six pack.

Wize

firefighter3931

Hey Bobby, welcome back !  :2thumbs:

Here's a couple i like on a 2nd gen Charger.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Streetwize

Ron,

The six pack there looks to be a 5", is that right?

I'm thinking the 5" stuff looks proportional than the standard 3" when you go to wide wheels etc? :shruggy:
Wize

TruckDriver

The standard 6pak scoop. The bigger ones look outta place to me.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

firefighter3931

Quote from: Streetwize on October 23, 2007, 08:52:52 PM
Ron,

The six pack there looks to be a 5", is that right?

I'm thinking the 5" stuff looks proportional than the standard 3" when you go to wide wheels etc? :shruggy:

Yep, it looks like a 5in scoop to me....the 3in scoops look wider and shorter (obviously).   

Here's another 5in scoop pic....looks good.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68charger383

I like the 3" over the 5", would need to see the 5" on a side view.

Really want to do this myself, but geting the 2nd hood then the scoop ad then painted...blah blah...to much other stuff for me to get to first.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hey Wize, long time no hear.  Good to see you back (hopefully for a while)

I voted for the 3" scoop to keep it as subtile as possible.  Brian Shaugnessy has one on his black 69 IIRC......maybe he'll chime in soon.

Good luck

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

I love my 3" 6 pack scoop but I don't love the 5" version - at least on a Charger hood.     It looks more in place on a Road Runner or a Bee.

My  :Twocents:     votes for a 68 SS Dart/Cuda scoop.    :coolgleamA:

Oh yeah...  Welcome back!   :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 24, 2007, 02:22:15 AM
Hey Wize, long time no hear.  Good to see you back (hopefully for a while)

I voted for the 3" scoop to keep it as subtile as possible.  Brian Shaugnessy has one on his black 69 IIRC......maybe he'll chime in soon.

Good luck

Chris

Yeah,  yeah,  yeah,  I'm coming...   :icon_smile_big:    I replied in general first.     I've been unable to get ahold of Mr. Hanifan about the hoods for a long time.   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Mefirst