News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aka NES Dude

Started by Charger1973, October 24, 2007, 12:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Some of you guys might have noticed that I havent been on as much lately.  Well I went back to college for one thing, so that takes up alot of my time.  The other thing is, I worked on my Charger almost non stop this summer, to the point where I was starting to get a little burnt out on it.  I think I brought my car a long ways since I bought it in March though.  I know it doesnt really show a whole lot but heres a before and after (up to this point anyway).   

Basically what it came down to, was that I dont have the money to do everything the right way at the moment, and I dont have a garage either...   so I had to put things on hold for a while. 
In the meantime I decided to do something else I have always wanted to do...  Buy and sell original Nintendo (NES) games.  I'm just getting started so I really don't have alot of inventory yet (just a hundred or so games) but it seems to be going well so far.  I have a few systems im repairing that will be added to the site soon too.  I have alot of work to do and changes to make still but its been really fun so far and its helping my own collection out quite a bit too.  Right now in my collection I have 135 or so different games and there is around 770 total. 
I still have the Charger in the driveway and its not going anywhere but its nice to have a second hobby to balance things out a little.  Anyway here is my site. www.nesdude.com  it's my first attempt at making an actual site too, so feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

Lowprofile

Cars looking good Bro!  Its good to take a break once in awhile. You'll be all refreshed when you pick up the wrenches again!  :2thumbs: :cheers:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger1973

Heres a few more comparison shots just for fun.   :cheers:

Charger_Croatia

That's a nice job so far!  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

41husk

you have done a great job so far! keep it up.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Charger1973

Thanks guys  ;D   I'm sure i'll be back to work on it again next spring. 

69bronzeT5

its looking good man!!! The car looks alot like a model I am doing right now...because I sorta made it to look like your Charger. But then I added a bunch of decals :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TK73

One word for you:  MachineGunTips   
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

It's been a while since I've seen snow on an engine... just thought I'd share that. :icon_smile_cool:

71ChallengeHer

Matt, the Charger is looking great. :2thumbs:  It's came a long way since you bought. :cheers: When I did my 70 Barracuda it took me 5 years. All good things take time.

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Charger1973

Thanks I worked my ass off on it but you can only do so much in the driveway with little tools.  I have the car and most of the parts I need though, so the biggest part is taken care of.  Now I just need to get the money to get it done the right way. 

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

supserdave

Nice job man! Heck of a turn around.

sixpack70

Damn I love nintendo.  Looking good on the car. I'm working on my mach 1 in the next few months since its easy. Then off to work on the charger a bit at a time. Can't wait to drive the car. Did you spry the primer yourself?
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Charger1973

Quote from: sixpack70 on October 26, 2007, 10:23:03 PM
Damn I love nintendo.  Looking good on the car. I'm working on my mach 1 in the next few months since its easy. Then off to work on the charger a bit at a time. Can't wait to drive the car. Did you spry the primer yourself?

Best game system ever made.   :2thumbs:

I did the primer, its just a rattle can job to cover up the turd brown paint...  not to mention the green door and front valance, yellow rear valance, purple hood and white fender.   :rofl:

bordin34

Congrats I have these for my NES
-Monster Party
-Top Gun
-Jaws
-Stealth
-Bases Loaded 2
-NFL
-Super Mario/Duck Hunt, everyone does
-Wheel of Fortune
-Ninja Garden 2
-Blades of Steel
-Pro Wrestling
-MLB
-R.C. Pro Am
-Paperboy
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Rad Racer
-Golf
-World Cup

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Charger1973

bordin34

It's actually a very challenging game.

Mahwah,NJ

Charger1973

Its a really good game with an awesome story.  I was laughing because you spelled it wrong.   :P

bordin34

Mahwah,NJ

Charger1973

Arthu®

Good job on the Charger it really cleaned up!

As for the Nintendo games WOW! It seems like a life time ago since I last saw one of those.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Charger1973

Quote from: Arthu® on October 27, 2007, 05:04:25 PM
Good job on the Charger it really cleaned up!

As for the Nintendo games WOW! It seems like a life time ago since I last saw one of those.

Arthur

Yeah they bring back alot of memories huh?  It's great to sit down with friends and relive the past playing all the old games again!

Arthu®

It was the first type of video game I ever played I loved Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros! I think we sold or threw away our console when I was like eight because then the PS1 hit the market and I got one for my b-day.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Charger1973

She's 6 months old today, so we celebrated with a few rounds of Punch Out!!  :)

Brock Samson

those are sweet pics! nice..
good luck with the third gen. name her yet?.. the charger...
Lookin great, you've come along way...  :popcrn:

Charger1973

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 31, 2007, 09:07:27 AM
those are sweet pics! nice..
good luck with the third gen. name her yet?.. the charger...
Lookin great, you've come along way...  :popcrn:

Technically the last name I called my car was F#*!($& piece of S#^@!  Does that count?   :P