News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What changes can I make to a factory car and not lose value?

Started by professor-patrick, September 29, 2005, 07:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor-patrick

I have a fully factory 69 charger, but am considering switching to electronic ignition.  Will this devalue the car?
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com

41husk

Not in my opinion.  That is a change that can easily be returned to stock if some one felt that was the way they wanted to go.  I would think you would not want to make that change if your car was a survivor.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Quote from: 41husk on September 29, 2005, 08:06:19 AM
Not in my opinion.   That is a change that can easily be returned to stock if some one felt that was the way they wanted to go.   I would think you would not want to make that change if your car was a survivor.

Is that a Bloomington Gold Survivor?   ;D
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

triple_green

Usually at the shows (nopt that I go to too many), You can have ignition upgrades and different Wheels/tires and stil be considered stock. I used a petronix kit and hid the wires under other things to keep the stock apprearance.

Just don't do anything that is not easily reversed and you should be OK.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

professor-patrick

This car is a green / green big block/automatic.  The only thing I have to replace is the windshield washer fluid reservoir - other than that everything is stock - just dirty because it's been sitting in a barn since 1984 (the AC even works!).  It will get a new paint job because of some serious fading that can't be fixed, and I just hate points so I want to switch to electronic ignition.
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com

69charger2002

i put electronic ignition in every car i have and never look back. nowadays it's a must.. saves starter life, cranks much faster, and is more reliable. of course i don't own a 100 point show car either, so my opinion may not come in handy.. i just own a few nice ones
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Brock Samson

General Lee (inside joke)  :P it's ok to make these so-called "reversable" changes just dont go adding fender flares or throwing parts away.
You are gonna need to have that master cylinder rebuilt though. Take care to make sure all the "finishes" are not changed... ie: if your windshield was full tint as they are on A/C equiped cars, the replacment should be full tint too...
BTW: Prof. We Want Pics!   :yesnod: