News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grindhouse

Started by gnrl01, July 04, 2007, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

. . . and after . . .

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

bull

I just rented Death Proof and... boy, what can I say. :shruggy: I usually like the stuff Tarantino does and the only excuse I can give him for this flick is that maybe he made it inferior on purpose. I mean I suppose it's meant to pay homage to the old low-budget grindhouse/exploitation movies of the late '60s and '70s but I was sort of expecting some semblance of a plot. Most of his movies have a lot of talking such as Reservoir Dogs but this one was too much. Basically it was an hour and a half of yakking with 20 minutes of action tossed in. And no, the chase scenes did not make up for all the BSing IMO.

I think Planet Terror looks pretty good. Actually it looks cheesy on purpose, ie., it makes fun of itself so that should be fun. I hope the fake trailers are on the Planet Terror DVD because they weren't on the Death Proof DVD. What a ripoff that was. :flame:

Mike DC

The whole "Grindhouse" idea would have been great if QT & RR would've had the restraint to cut each movie down to about an hour.  But instead they got indulgent & ruined the end result IMHO.   

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 23, 2007, 08:40:37 PM

The whole "Grindhouse" idea would have been great if QT & RR would've had the restraint to cut each movie down to about an hour.  But instead they got indulgent & ruined the end result IMHO.   

Yea. I can't speak about Planet Terror yet but there was barely enough real content in Death Proof to fill an hour.

squeakfinder

So is the movie called Grinhouse or Deathproof? When I went to the video store I asked for Deathproof. I almost left without it because they weren't finding it. And then, UNFORTUNATELY they found it under Grindhouse.

The movie suck so badly, I wanted everybody to kill each other before it was over.

What I rented had two DVD's. One was the movie, the other was scenes of the movie being made and the actors talking

I like Kurt Russel, I couldn't understand why he was in this thing. But when he was talking about the movie in the second DVD he said something to the effect of "When you go to work for QT you do it because you have to." Yeah no sh#t Kurt. Looks like you must have needed the work.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Manfred318

I think the movie is technically called "Grindhouse: Death Proof/Planet Terror" I watched Death Proof last weekend and what a snooze fest :sleep: Kurt Russel was pretty cool in it though. I also watched Planet Terror last week and man was it cool. It is so violent and bloody, but it has its humorous parts too. Rose McGowan is really freakin hot and Bruce Willis was pretty damn cool too. It also has a prevue for the new Machete movie, which I think is supposed to be out some time early/mid 2008.

Machete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnF3i8BHgMI

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

BrianShaughnessy

I watched Deathproof last nite.  I liked parts of it... the actual parts where there were cars involved... or Kurt.

There was wayyyy too much girlie yapping in that movie.   Now if they were half nekkid girls that's one thing - but they weren't.  Tarantino wasted so much time on girls yapping in cars, yapping in the parking lot and yapping in diners that I could have skipped half the movie.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.