News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you could get your hands on...................

Started by beedees, October 23, 2007, 09:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beedees

......a scammer, what would you  do?
           #1. tar and feather him(her,IT, whatever)

#2. tie 'em to a chair and force them to watch re-runs of "The View" 24/7

#3. burn them at the stake

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

PocketThunder

Scan him back. ?  i dont know... why do you have one locked up in your basement right now  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mike DC

car battery + jumper cables + cold water + his nutsack = a good start.

Forza

Lowprofile

I would put them in here.  :icon_smile_angry:

I immensely dislike anyone who scams others for profit.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

HITMAN 149

NO...NO..NO!!!
WE TORTURE HIM TILL HE'S JUST ABOUT DEAD..THEN GET A DR. TO HEAL HIM UP & KEEP HIM ALIVE..... THEN START ALL OVER AGAIN WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT, AND AGAIN...AND AGAIN,,AND AGAIN,,,AND AGAIN!!!!!!!!! WELL YOU GET THE POINT!!!!!!!!!
MUA-HAHAHAHAHA

VING RAMES-PULP FICTION "I'M GONNA GIT SOME HARD PIPE HITTIN N_ GG _S, THEN GO TO TOWN ON HIM WITH A BLOW TORCH"  :o
MUA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :naughty:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Arthu®

I might have a very unpopular view on this, but the scammer would not have been succesful without the victim. I don't say it's right and indeed it is a low thing to do, but whoever got scammed here is partialy to blame themselves. Buying a car that was mispresented, well that should learn anybody that you have to look a car over before buying. See if everything checks out. Do a little research people, scammers are only succesful because a lot of people are too trusty or too dumb to see them. It may be sad but I say whenever dealing with something never ever trust the other person, people are egocentric. It has been that way for centuries and will be the same for the centuries to come. Getting scammed may be hard lesson and I surely don't wish that to anybody. I know the frustration, everybody has made a bad deal once in their life, you move on (or if you have a real charge then have them arrested), the other was just a little smarter than you. Learn from it and make sure it never happens again. That's the only way the scammers could go away. Honestly I watched this Opera episode (my sister watches that show) on nigerian scammers and well let me tell you the victims where more a victim of their own stupidity than that they were of the scammer...

Still scamming is a low thing to do, it's just that in 95% of the cases it can be forestall. Remember if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Do your research on every deal, if dealing with bigger investments always look at it yourself or have someone look at it. If possible try to search for someones reputation. See when dealing on in example this site, a high status member who has a lot of friends here and is well known would like to protect that status. If he would sell more and more mispresented or bad goods then it will most likely hurt his status and reputation. Anyways there is no right specific way to handle a deal, trust your instincts and do a lot of research (of course depending on how much it costs).

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Forza

Screw that noise Arthur. We have a dickweed in jail here who made 10's of thousands of $ scamming the elderly. The kind of people that grew in a totally different generation, how are they the suckers? Telling them that it's their fault that some sick bastard is exploiting them is obscene.

Scammers get no sympathy from me. I'm glad they have you to look for sympathy.

bull

:smilielol: :smilielol: I haven't heard the term, "screw that noise," or its ugly sister, "F*#k that noise" in probably 20 years. :smilielol: :smilielol: Brings back a lot of memories.

Arthu®

I have no sympathy for scammers, hey you do whatever you want with someone that scams you. I just say that the ones that are getting scammed should also look a bit at their own part... Hey I think it's great you got the guy in jail that scammed those elderly people, he deserves it as hey he was breaking the law.

Btw how the people that grew up in a totally different generation are suckers is because times are changing always and ever. It always has and always will, times will change and crooks will learn new tricks. Scammers are not of this generation, they have been around for ever. They just update and upgrade their tactics. I would love to see them all off the streets and in jails and that we would live in a world where we could trust anybody everywhere. Sadly it ain't so, deal with it. I just think that killing or electrocuting someones nuts is a bit overkill...

Arthur

HITMAN 149

Quote from: Arthu® on October 24, 2007, 07:32:26 AM
I have no sympathy for scammers, hey you do whatever you want with someone that scams you. I just say that the ones that are getting scammed should also look a bit at their own part... Hey I think it's great you got the guy in jail that scammed those elderly people, he deserves it as hey he was breaking the law.

Btw how the people that grew up in a totally different generation are suckers is because times are changing always and ever. It always has and always will, times will change and crooks will learn new tricks. Scammers are not of this generation, they have been around for ever. They just update and upgrade their tactics. I would love to see them all off the streets and in jails and that we would live in a world where we could trust anybody everywhere. Sadly it ain't so, deal with it. I just think that killing or electrocuting someones nuts is a bit overkill...

Arthur

you know.... just like women that get raped... were asking for it cause they were wearing sexy clothes!!!!!!!   :slap: :rotz:azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

to a point (a verrrry small point!!) i understand what arthur is saying.. when i used to hustle pool... there was a saying.. "nobody get hustled that isn't looking to get hustled"... meaning that they are trying to hustle you and take your money... but you've just gotta be better than them!!!

BUT by far... i don't condone anyone who preys upon the elderly....alot of them (the elderly) rely soo much on their fixed incomes, and i guess they think they are getting a good deal...when in turn, WE all know it's not a good deal at all... but most of them don't have anybody to rely on for help!!! and it's sad..verrrrrry sad.  MAN.... GOD BLESS THE POOR SOUL, WHO EVER FUCKS OVER ANY ONE OF MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rotz: :nono:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Arthu®

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 24, 2007, 10:11:38 AM

you know.... just like women that get raped... were asking for it cause they were wearing sexy clothes!!!!!!!   :slap: :rotz:azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

to a point (a verrrry small point!!) i understand what arthur is saying.. when i used to hustle pool... there was a saying.. "nobody get hustled that isn't looking to get hustled"... meaning that they are trying to hustle you and take your money... but you've just gotta be better than them!!!

BUT by far... i don't condone anyone who preys upon the elderly....alot of them (the elderly) rely soo much on their fixed incomes, and i guess they think they are getting a good deal...when in turn, WE all know it's not a good deal at all... but most of them don't have anybody to rely on for help!!! and it's sad..verrrrrry sad.  MAN.... GOD BLESS THE POOR SOUL, WHO EVER FUCKS OVER ANY ONE OF MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rotz: :nono:

Well I don't say they are asking for it, that's bullshit, all I am saying is is that just like with the women wearing sexy clothes and especially in some neighborhoods it may not be the smartest move. I wish it was differently, but the world sadly enough isn't. And I don't say anywhere that I condone either scamming and especially not rape (where the hell did that come from). They should punish everybody that commits any crime, but since that seems impossible we have to look after ourselves and our family. Never mind I think I made my point, in the case of scamming a lot can be done to prevent from being scammed especially while dealing cars (the elderly are a different subject), it is just that we all need to learn how they think and how they do stuff and take precautions. It's the only way to prevent yourself from being scammed.

The rape thing is a completely different thing, nobody should ever lay a hand on anybody else like that without their permission. People that do do that deserve a very harsh punishment, but I think the difference is that we are dealing with people here and very traumatic emotional damage and yes when being scammed you might loose what 10k, it maybe hard on you but rarely it's so traumatic that you end up having long emotional problems.

Btw I can see myself becoming a victim of a scammer especially when I'm older and retired, I just hope that my family would look after me so that they would be able to catch it. Sadly enough those are the only ones we can rely on (and sometimes not even that).

Arthur

BTW I live near what is known as one of the roughest parts of Rotterdam. Loads of drugs, dealers, addicts, etc. I have to cross that in order to get into the centre and I have never had any problems. I'm the odd one there, I dress nice, am white and look like I have money (sadly enough not true). Everybody always thinks that would get you into trouble, again it's all about your own attitude. By now most of the regulars there know me, they don't screw me over nor do they with the girls I am usually with. I am just telling people to not count on anybody else except themselves. Your attitude can save your life in the dealing with scammers, troubleseekers, cops, and anybody threatening you or your way of life. We live in a harsh world and it's only getting worse.

HITMAN 149

DON'T get me wrong dude... i wasn't saying that YOU are condoning anyone getting scammed or raped!!!! i was just being a wise ass towards your first post, where (my interpretation), was that you weren't very simpathetic towards the victim!!!
:nana:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Arthu®

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 24, 2007, 10:39:03 AM
DON'T get me wrong dude... i wasn't saying that YOU are condoning anyone getting scammed or raped!!!! i was just being a wise ass towards your first post, where (my interpretation), was that you weren't very simpathetic towards the victim!!!
:nana:

True I wasn't  :nana:

HITMAN 149

funny story... (i've mentioned this a few times on other posts) but it's ALLLLL because of a ebay scammer i ended up buying my charger!!!!!
i was goofing around one day last summer on ebay.. and i happen to do a search on 68 chargers.. being my #2 all time fav car.. and i haven't really checked in a while... so low & behold.... there she is!!!!!!! a beautiful black 68 r/t!!! OMG!!!! :drool5: for buy it now $5K!! (shut up!!! don't laugh!!! ) at that time i wasn't remotley thinking about buying a charger...and had no idea what they were really worth.. as i was outta the market loop for a while. sooo... it was also in upstate NY, right where my girlfiend lived at the time (@2 hrs away from me.. the way i drive..everyone else 3 1/2!! LOL) so i was finagling ways to get up $5K and take a road trip!!! THEN comes the email correspondence.. we are all tooooo familiar with now.. regarding car scammers on ebay!!! oh.. i'm overseas in the UK due to my job... BLAH...BLAHHHHHH...BLAH!!!!
it got me sooooooo infuriated!! you had to seeeeeee the email i sent him!!!!!!!! OMG!!! it was like lil ralphy from a christmas story..when he snaps & is beatting up butch (the buLLY) LOL!!!!!!!!! so then i started really looking.. from about june till oct.. when i got my R/T!!!!!!!!!!
so there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Forza

I still vote for the electrocution of the testicles.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic