News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big Bugs in the Aussie Outback

Started by Darkman, September 18, 2011, 08:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkman

I felt like I was in a scene from a Godzilla movie

Whilst cleaning the pool Sunday morning, I heard rustling in the leaves. I turned around thinking it was either a mouse or a lizard, but I was a little surprised when I saw this....

http://youtu.be/R2F3QFJopDk

Welcome to the Outback, if the heat doesn't kill you, the wildlife probably will  :smilielol:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

A383Wing

wow....he ain't missed too many meals, huh?

Orange_Crush

The most humane thing you could've done for that spider is crush it.  The wasp didnt kill it, it only paralyzed it.  it was going to bury it and lay a single egg on it.  when the egg hatches, the larva will eat the spider alive starting with its legs and saving its vital parts for last so it can remain alive until the wasp pupates.

Wasps are assholes.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Darkman

Quote from: Orange_Crush on September 18, 2011, 08:22:54 PM
The most humane thing you could've done for that spider is crush it.  The wasp didnt kill it, it only paralyzed it.  it was going to bury it and lay a single egg on it.  when the egg hatches, the larva will eat the spider alive starting with its legs and saving its vital parts for last so it can remain alive until the wasp pupates.

Wasps are assholes.

Humane yes, dangerous hell yes. I'm not risking my safety and that of my kids over something that occurs naturally. These wasps are huge, and I particularly don't want to piss it off.

If a tree falls in a forrest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

or

If a wasp paralyses a spider and I'm not there to witness it, is it less humane?   :stirthepot:

Fred

The insect world at it's best. We all have to eat!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Patronus

I'd like wasps for $800 please Alex...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bobs66440

It's amazing that little wasp can carry that huge spider!

41husk

The wasp was pretty cool!  Was that 68 start up video your car?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Darkman

if it started out with a kid screaming, then yes it is!

64dartgt

We are definitely spoiled in New England.  I think there are only two types of poisonous snakes (rattlers and copper heads) and the biggest spiders are ony about the size of a large coin.  When we were in Italy a spider about twice that size was behind the door.  I killed it and didn't mention it to my Wife.   :P

Fred

Quote from: bobs66440 on September 19, 2011, 04:36:50 AM
It's amazing that little wasp can carry that huge spider!

Have you seen a dung beatle at work? they roll away mountains of elephant poo............amazing!

TheGhost

You, sir, are a braver man than I.   As soon as I saw that wasp, I would have been running and screaming like a little girl...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

twodko

We could use a small army of dung rolling beetles in DC!!!!!!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Fred

A383Wing

Quote from: twodko on September 23, 2011, 06:19:09 PM
We could use a small army of dung rolling beetles in DC!!!!!!

I don't think there would be enough