News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Bronze Bomber Project... (Updated 7/28) Homecoming pics and vid

Started by aone415, October 22, 2007, 03:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BB1 on June 10, 2009, 07:45:48 AM
Quote from: aone415 on June 09, 2009, 06:05:36 PM
Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 09, 2009, 05:56:36 PM
Looks killer.   :2thumbs:  What ended up happening with the rear of the quarters?

Well we decided that we'll live with it for the summer... I know that everyone advised that we should have em fixed ASAP... but our worry was that the shop would drag its ass in getting it done and the car would be there til November (trust me the shop owner has screwed us on more than a couple of deadlines which pushed the project back waaay further than it needed to be)... They've been advised of the problem and will fix it at the end of Oct... I know I'm gonna get the "boooo's" from a lot of guys here but my dad has waited over 30 years to drive the car and who are we to deny him of that joy???

If I had a dime for each time I heard that excuse. I despise body shops.

Looks good though.  :2thumbs:

Not ALL Body shops are bad you know!!?!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Lookin' good...........  :2thumbs:

Keep up the good work.................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

aone415

Quote from: 1hot68 on June 10, 2009, 07:53:08 AM
Quote from: BB1 on June 10, 2009, 07:45:48 AM
Looks killer.   :2thumbs:  What ended up happening with the rear of the quarters?

Well we decided that we'll live with it for the summer... I know that everyone advised that we should have em fixed ASAP... but our worry was that the shop would drag its ass in getting it done and the car would be there til November (trust me the shop owner has screwed us on more than a couple of deadlines which pushed the project back waaay further than it needed to be)... They've been advised of the problem and will fix it at the end of Oct... I know I'm gonna get the "boooo's" from a lot of guys here but my dad has waited over 30 years to drive the car and who are we to deny him of that joy???

If I had a dime for each time I heard that excuse. I despise body shops.

Looks good though.  :2thumbs:

Not ALL Body shops are bad you know!!?!

Nope... just the one we picked

Body guy > :hah: < us

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

aone415

Quote from: 1hot68 on June 09, 2009, 09:42:38 PM

I am probably one of the people your worried about booing ......I will promise not to boo you as long and you promise not to let them weasel out of repairing it!!

Progress is looking good!!  :2thumbs:

I'd never let em weasel out of it... I was down there today and pointed it out for the 90th time, just to let em know I'm not for the BS...

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

aone415

aone415

Okay so the hideaways open but dont close... any suggestions???? And I need to turn the idle down it's running waaay tooo rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOJpnn6IG_4

aone415

Well the wheels and tires arrived today (exactly 4 weeks from the order date) I can't wait to see what they look like mounted on the car.. so either tomorrow or Wednesday we'll take the set down to the body shop to do a test fit and check the stance of the car to determine if we need to lower it or get the leaf spring lowering kit... more pics coming in the next day or 2

1970Moparmann

Very cool.  Can't wait to see it on the car.  Is it me or are the front a lot shorter than the back?  Is it just the angle of the pictures, or is this what you wanted?

I like'em.... :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

69*F5*SE

Those wheels look awesome.  The car is going to look way cool with those on it.  Very nice.

aone415

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 16, 2009, 07:40:08 AM
Very cool.  Can't wait to see it on the car.  Is it me or are the front a lot shorter than the back?  Is it just the angle of the pictures, or is this what you wanted?

I like'em.... :2thumbs:

It's the angle of the pics... I just noticed that too...

mikepmcs

I bet Chris(6t9) would sell you some real nice shiny chrome trim rings for those bad boys.   :D   (little something from another thread)

Those wheels and tires look fantastic!!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

aone415

I am probably one of the people your worried about booing ......I will promise not to boo you as long and you promise not to let them weasel out of repairing it!!

You've just set a high standard wit that Black 68...don't wanna let you down  ;)

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: aone415 on June 16, 2009, 09:30:58 PM

You've just set a high standard wit that Black 68...don't wanna let you down  ;)

Thanks for the compliment!! You're Charger is also AWESOME!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

aone415

Okay so the car has made a quick trip from the body shop to the upholstery shop for its vinyl top... here are a few pics of the test fitting... the top should be on sometime today...

aone415

aone415

aone415

mikepmcs

Very nice!!!!  :cheers:

I assume they covered the whole car in plastic prior to spraying the glue for the top?

Car looks awesome, gettin close now. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Looks great! Vinyl looks awesome too. :cheers: Too bad the valance corners are still messed up :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

aone415

mikepmcs

Where did you get those exhaust tips?  I need em for the turn down aspect.   :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

aone415

Mike, the exhaust is just the exhaust tubes from TTI... They'll be cut down aand chrome version will be put on sometime next week... If you want I can send the cut offs to you

mikepmcs

Cody, no reason to point out what has already been hashed, stay positive brother, it isn't like you to be that way and that's what separates you from the crowd. :cheers:
I love you man!  :2thumbs:

YES! I will take those tips, how much would you like for them?  I need the exhaust turned down on the charger so the flames don't scar the paint on the rear valance. :D

aone415

Mike just the s/h is all I need... I should have em in the mail to you hopefully by the weekend... just PM me your address info.