News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Bronze Bomber Project... (Updated 7/28) Homecoming pics and vid

Started by aone415, October 22, 2007, 03:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

THat is a dilema...BUT I like the big magums (bottom pic) best.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

aone415

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 12, 2009, 04:41:40 PM
THat is a dilema...BUT I like the big magums (bottom pic) best.

Yea I feel ya.. the Espadas are BADASS... but I think that the Magnums are an updated classic... and about $1,500 cheaper  ;)

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69*F5*SE

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Hemidog

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

tan top

magnums but i do like the espadas also  :coolgleamA:  both look good  :yesnod: hmmmm  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

keepat

Magnums! but you need to go with larger tires! up front I have 245/45 but you have room for 255/45 (25.95 tall)and on the back use a 285/40 (also 25.95 tall) note you have room for up to a 315 tire with the right rim, no rubbing even with a lowered car! 
Pat

aone415

Quote from: keepat on May 13, 2009, 07:39:00 PM
Magnums! but you need to go with larger tires! up front I have 245/45 but you have room for 255/45 (25.95 tall)and on the back use a 285/40 (also 25.95 tall) note you have room for up to a 315 tire with the right rim, no rubbing even with a lowered car! 
Pat

Thanks for the sound advice Pat... I took it and ordered the magnums with 245's in the front and 275's in the rear We got BFG G-Force rubber and they didn't make a 285  :'( And now we play the waiting game

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

1970Moparmann

Just heard American Racing is having a paint issue with these!  Up to a 6 month delay.... :shruggy:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

aone415

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 18, 2009, 04:09:38 PM
Just heard American Racing is having a paint issue with these!  Up to a 6 month delay.... :shruggy:

WHAT????????????????????????????????????? NO?????????????????????? DO you have a contact I can call???

aone415

Called my wheel and tire guy who assured me that American Racing stated that the wheels will be here in 4-6 weeks...

In the meantime the seat covers have arrived!!! My pop had the 70 buckets in the car when he garaged it... he saved the 68 buckets he had but my grandmom PAID someone to haul them away (long story about how the car almost left with the seats)...

The pics:

69bronzeT5

Good choice with the Magnums. As you can tell, Pat got me hooked on them ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

aone415

1970Moparmann

I'll know tomorrow what the deal is.  I'll post it later :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

aone415

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 19, 2009, 08:19:09 PM
I'll know tomorrow what the deal is.  I'll post it later :2thumbs:
Cool... I'm waiting with baited breath  :brickwall:

aone415

Well the old girl got her face put back on today... Took these with my phone cam (the Palm Pre :coolgleamA: )

69*F5*SE

Looks killer.   :2thumbs:  What ended up happening with the rear of the quarters?

aone415

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 09, 2009, 05:56:36 PM
Looks killer.   :2thumbs:  What ended up happening with the rear of the quarters?

Well we decided that we'll live with it for the summer... I know that everyone advised that we should have em fixed ASAP... but our worry was that the shop would drag its ass in getting it done and the car would be there til November (trust me the shop owner has screwed us on more than a couple of deadlines which pushed the project back waaay further than it needed to be)... They've been advised of the problem and will fix it at the end of Oct... I know I'm gonna get the "boooo's" from a lot of guys here but my dad has waited over 30 years to drive the car and who are we to deny him of that joy???

mikepmcs

No boos here....  car looks great and you'll get to enjoy it for the summer.    :2thumbs:
I agree let pop have some fun!!!  99% of the people that see it won't even know the difference and who cares anyways, it will be fixed eventually.

Congratulations it's almost on the road. :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

aone415

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 09, 2009, 07:39:41 PM
No boos here....  car looks great and you'll get to enjoy it for the summer.    :2thumbs:
I agree let pop have some fun!!!  99% of the people that see it won't even know the difference and who cares anyways, it will be fixed eventually.

Congratulations it's almost on the road. :cheers:

Thanks... I just want to see the look on pop's face when the car is ready to roll... And as an added bonus, the wheels & tires have been mounted and shipped and should be here by week's end  :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: aone415 on June 09, 2009, 06:05:36 PM

Well we decided that we'll live with it for the summer... I know that everyone advised that we should have em fixed ASAP... but our worry was that the shop would drag its ass in getting it done and the car would be there til November (trust me the shop owner has screwed us on more than a couple of deadlines which pushed the project back waaay further than it needed to be)... They've been advised of the problem and will fix it at the end of Oct... I know I'm gonna get the "boooo's" from a lot of guys here but my dad has waited over 30 years to drive the car and who are we to deny him of that joy???

I am probably one of the people your worried about booing ......I will promise not to boo you as long and you promise not to let them weasel out of repairing it!!

Progress is looking good!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BB1

Quote from: aone415 on June 09, 2009, 06:05:36 PM

If I had a dime for each time I heard that excuse. I despise body shops.

Looks good though.  :2thumbs:
Delete my profile