News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attempted to decode Broadcast Sheet - have a couple Q's...

Started by bzabodyn, October 22, 2007, 02:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzabodyn

Ok, so before I have the car shipped off in a month or two to get the resto process rolling, I've spent a little time looking at the tattered Broadcast sheet I removed from the car and saw what all I could decipher... here's what I've gotten so far:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T               
426 Hemi, 4 speed man tranny               

Broadcast Sheet Codes               

Code      Description         
E74      426 Hemi 2-4bbl         
D21      HD 4 speed manual trans         
D58      4:10:1 Dana 60         
U65      f70x15 red fiber tires         
C6X      Black vinyl upholstry         
R4      Bright red exterior         
A34      Super Track Pack         
B41      Front Disk Brakes         
B51      Power assist brakes         
C16      Console with Buckets
C31      Head restraint package
C55      Bucket Seats
F11      46 Amp Alternator
F25      Battery - 440 red cap?
G15      Tint Windshield Only
H11      Front Heater w/Defroster
J11      Glove Box Lock
J15      Cig Lighter
J25      3 Speed Var. Wipers
J31      Dual Horns
L31      Hood mounted turn signals
M21      RF Drip rail moldings
M26      Wheel lip moldings
M31      Belt moldings
M85      Bumper guard package
N65      7-blade clutch dr/fan
N51      Max engine cool
R13      Astrophonic AM radio
R31      Single rear speaker
S15      Hemi XHD Suspension w/ Front Swaybar
S81      Wood steering wheel
W25?      15" wheels w/ 426 Hemi?

Most of the far left side of the sheet is missing, but at any rate, I'm still happy with what I could find (it's a good start) - couple of questions, though - first, on the battery - what does "440 red cap" mean? Any pictures?  And also, for the wheels the code was W25, but I couldn't find what that meant - but on the decode listing, it said W11 was "15" wheels w/ 426 Hemi" which is what I would think this car has but ???

Could someone help me out further and post a nice copy of a complete 69 Broadcast sheet? I'd like to see what some of the codes I'm missing are and see if I can verify what else this car has... (btw, I still don't have the fender tag in my possession yet)...

Thanks!
BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

69_500

Are you sure it says W25? Just curious.

As far as the battery question, the red caps are just what it says for a batter with red caps over the holes. I believe that they had 2 different colored caps in 69, one was red and the other was yellow I think.

mikepmcs

Maybe it was W15??

W15 69 Deep Dish Wheel Covers

Don't know but couldn't find W25

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69CoronetRT

F25= 70AMP HD Battery. They came with the red caps as opposed to the lower capacity batteries that came with yellow (59 amp) or green (46 amp) caps.

W25 = HD Stamped steel wheels.

What does it say on line 4 under WHEEL and the next box WHL COV
Does it say 24 R4  89?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Alaskan_TA

Just a hint, but it would be easier for these guys to answer your questions if you posted a scan of the actual sheet.  ;)

Barry

bzabodyn

I would, but many of the codes are very hard to read due to the condition of the sheet... but, I'll do it tomorrow evening anyways...

69CoronetRT - I don't have the sheet with me (I put it back in the safety deposit box - but since I work at the bank, I'll pull it out tomorrow and verify... that does sound awfully familiar though because I was wondering why "R4" was repeated...

Thanks guys... I appreciate the input!

BZ

Ghoste

If it's in poor condition, maybe a high rez digital photo would be better to post than to try and scan it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Brandon, here are a couple of B-cast sheets from two '69 HemiChargers recently on eBay.  These might help you figure out some of the codes your sheet would have:

69_500

Man I'm getting good at asking off topic questions lately. But Gene, how many St. Louis HEMI Charger's are there supposed to be for 69? And of those how many were 4 speeds? That sheet is for a 4 speed, you have a 4 speed, and the tranny you have is another 4 speed. I had thought there was supposed to only be like 12 HEMI R/T's from St. Louis plant in 69.

hemigeno

I had always assumed there were a very small number of them based on information received from Galen right around the time I purchased my R/T.  There probably are lots fewer St. Louis-built '69 HemiChargers than Hamtramck for whatever reason.  However, a very disgruntled Mopar "expert" -- name withheld -- lit into me for quoting Galen's numbers on that subject as fact.  In all honesty, the man was correct (although he came across as a jerk).  Galen only has records on 13 or 14 St. Louis-built '69 HemiChargers.  How many there actually were will probably remain a mystery unless some unknown stash of records surfaces.

69bronzeT5

Code      Description         

J11      Glove Box Lock                             There was a code for that!?!?!?!? :shruggy:
M21      RF Drip rail moldings                      Correct me if Im wrong but didnt all 69s have drip rail moldings?
M26      Wheel lip moldings                        Didnt all 69s come with those?
M85      Bumper guard package                  Bumper guard package??? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemigeno

All of those are standard-equipment options on Chargers, but they are still coded on the Broadcast Sheet and/or Fender Tag.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

FWIW I have 8 St Louis built Hemi Chargers in the registry.

6 of the 8 are 4 speeds.

1 B5 blue
1 F3 light green---automatic
3 F8 dark green
1 T5 bronze
1 T7 dark bronze---Automatic
1 X9 black
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bzabodyn

Was out of the office today, so I didn't have a chance to scan/post a pic of the b-cast sheet...    I'll try to get it up so everyone can help more... but I'll warn you - it's nothing like the ones posted above - I wish!

I don't know if you read about my troubles with the barn owner/storage guy, but he took the fender tag off and I'm still trying to get it from him (being as friendly as possible, but still persistent)... I know he has it, it's just a matter of getting it...

BZ

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 23, 2007, 06:52:32 PM
Code      Description         

J11      Glove Box Lock                             There was a code for that!?!?!?!? :shruggy:
M21      RF Drip rail moldings                      Correct me if Im wrong but didnt all 69s have drip rail moldings?
M26      Wheel lip moldings                        Didnt all 69s come with those?
M85      Bumper guard package                  Bumper guard package??? :shruggy:

Cody, remember the option codes applied across the entire Imperial, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth and Valiant lines. While those options may have been standard on a high trim level car like a Charger, they may have been additional cost on a low line Dart, Valiant, Coronet or Belvedere.

As Geno said, the options are still coded on cars when they may be standard.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

bzabodyn

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on October 22, 2007, 08:09:25 PM
F25= 70AMP HD Battery. They came with the red caps as opposed to the lower capacity batteries that came with yellow (59 amp) or green (46 amp) caps.

Does it say 24 R4  89?

I verified today that YES it does say 24 R4 under "wheel" and 89 under "wh cov"...

BZ

Chris G.

I wasn't aware that "M26" Wheel Lip Mouldings were standard on 69's. Learned something new.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: bzabodyn on October 24, 2007, 10:44:21 AM
Quote from: 69CoronetRT on October 22, 2007, 08:09:25 PM

Does it say 24 R4  89?

I verified today that YES it does say 24 R4 under "wheel" and 89 under "wh cov"...

BZ

Stamped steel HD 15" wheels painted body color with the dog dish hub cap.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on October 24, 2007, 11:25:46 AM
I wasn't aware that "M26" Wheel Lip Mouldings were standard on 69's. Learned something new.

68's as well IIRC.....why 70 made it an option I cant figure out why  :scratchchin: ..
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Quote from: hemigeno on October 23, 2007, 05:27:51 PM
However, a very disgruntled Mopar "expert" -- name withheld -- lit into me for quoting Galen's numbers on that subject as fact.  In all honesty, the man was correct (although he came across as a jerk). 

So there are more than one digruntled mopar "experts" out there? I've met a few of those over the years.

Side note on the broadcast sheets. Gene, you know how we were discussing the right side of line 5? None of the broadcast sheets that I have for Charger 500's have anything in the last 2 boxes. However all of the Daytona broadcast sheets that I have, do. Which makes me think it was something to do with the second half of the year. maybe it is the code for when it was build or printed, but they sure didn't do it on the early cars.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 24, 2007, 03:55:03 PM
Quote from: Chris G. on October 24, 2007, 11:25:46 AM

68's as well IIRC.....why 70 made it an option I cant figure out why  :scratchchin: ..

Possibly due to the introduction of the low trim level XH model and scaling back on standard items (WW moldings, clocks, etc) as a way to keep the price down on the XS but that's just a guess on my part.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T