News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I feel into a goldmine

Started by Mo Power, October 21, 2007, 09:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Power

Ok well I was at the Cruise to the Woods car show which was a week ago and they have it in Fort Dodge, Iowa and I got a hint about a guy who has three 3rd generation chargers and well he is selling parts and other cars he has in his yard. And I've been excited for this whole week to finally get to visit this guy and I guess my girlfriend knew this place because shes friends with his granddaughter and lives with him. So I was on the hunt to find this place and it has three 73 SE chargers with alot of vaulable parts and he told me he'd sell me doors for just 30 bucks each :o. And well I knew how much these go for on ebay and other parts and I guess he told me I could buy a complete one for just $150. And well I just couldn't believe it I was just loose in the head because I don't think I've ever got such awesome deal like this ever. And now all I need is to check back with them when I'm ready to buy. So tell me if this isn't a deal or I'm just crazy.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

69charger2002

any charger parts are good if they are cheap. BUT remember 73 SE's are very common, and there aren't many high $$ parts on those cars.. bulge hoods, disc brakes, rallye clusters come to mind the most. $150 for a complete body even if it's rusted BAD is a great deal for sure.. of course there are many other "3rd gen experts" much more knowledgable than me
trav
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

alfanta

Sounds good to me. Where are u located? If you are looking at selling some parts, I may be interested in buying some to help you cover the cost of everything. PM me with what u have.

Id go vor it  :2thumbs:

twilt

$30 is a decent deal for a 73-74 door. They don`t go for big $$ on ebay. I`ve sold about a half dozen there for around $50 each. Another time I sold 8 of them for $10.  :smilielol:  sure was glad to get them out of my way.

Question......... if you don`t have $150 to buy one of the whole cars, what could you possibly expect to do with it?    :shruggy:

RD

what are the color combinations of the 73 chargers?  I have an SE that is medium gold and I am always looking for parts for it, especially vinyl top trim, bumpers, taillights, valances, grilles, you name it.  when you get them, pm me or email me (see profile) as I am interested if the cars match my color.

thanks.
RD
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

I sold two 73 doors at Monster Mopar for $10 each and even helped load them, so I wouldnt have to take them home and unload them.  They are verry heavy and a pain to load and unload.  Year before Dale gave troy two doors for a kid near him, so they are not high dollar pieces,  I paid $400 for a 74 SE for parts.  I was able to use several parts probably $400 worth on the Wannabee and sold maybe $250 worth of parts, so at !50 for a parts car you can't go wrong.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mo Power

Well the one I'm going to buy is a silver with black vylon top and black interior. This one has good doors and all black interior and glass that I could use. But 41 husk they have a gold charger with white vylon but the only thing I was going to get is if the doors are any better then the silver one. But I guess when I've looked for doors they would cost me around 200 because I've never ran into a good pair around me so shipping kills me. Because the junkyards I've picked through have nothing other then the 2 bumpers and a seat I've bought. And theres a blue one with white vylon so I guess I'll take pictures to see if I can help anybody out or tell me what you need.
1973 Charger SE

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

41husk

If it has a halo top I would love to see the trim :2thumbs: :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Mo Power

Well I should of taken pictures when I was there but well my gf wasn't happy that I wasted the day looking for Charger parts so I had to speed it up a little lol. And I think I might see if he's home this week to see if could come by and take some pictures and maybe pick up a door or 2 lol. But if anybody needs parts I'm not promising anything but I can find what any of guys would need and see how much he wants for them. And I've been looking for doors for awhile so I can finally put in my 72 Rallye indents because my doors aren't so great.
1973 Charger SE

RD

take pictures of the gold one with the white vinyl top... I AM INTERESTED!!!  :drool5:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mo Power

Alright RD are you just looking for body parts or an engine because the interior looks like it was torn to pieces.
1973 Charger SE

RD

Quote from: Mo Power on October 22, 2007, 09:33:30 PM
Alright RD are you just looking for body parts or an engine because the interior looks like it was torn to pieces.

there are so many things that i am interested in, if you could just take pictures of the entire car, inside and out, i will be very appreciative.  I live in Kansas so getting up there to pick things up is really not an issue.

i am interested in the whole car to tell you the truth.

2fast4u

I found this one just sitting there collecting pine needles......
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

41husk

If it is a SE it won't have the halo top :brickwall:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

Quote from: Mo Power on October 22, 2007, 07:33:42 PM
Well I should of taken pictures when I was there but well my gf wasn't happy that I wasted the day looking for Charger parts so I had to speed it up a little lol. And I think I might see if he's home this week to see if could come by and take some pictures and maybe pick up a door or 2 lol. But if anybody needs parts I'm not promising anything but I can find what any of guys would need and see how much he wants for them. And I've been looking for doors for awhile so I can finally put in my 72 Rallye indents because my doors aren't so great.

Here's the best advice you'll ever get...
If your girlfriend thinks that you wasted the day looking for Charger parts...it's time to get a different girlfriend. It will only get worse my friend.
Good luck.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Mo Power

Ok stopped there today and took some pictures and bought the drivers door off gold one since it was the best condition. If anybody needs to come down and see them I think I can set that up but it would prolly have to be new weekend. The guy said he was going to crush them but never had time and the gold one does have rear defrost which someone could get and has power windows. But I can tell you what they have and leave a message and I'll try answering them.
1973 Charger SE

Mo Power

Other pictures
1973 Charger SE

69bronzeT5

Poor Chargers :'(

It looks like the red door is from a R/T? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RD

how much are you getting all of them for? and where are you located?  thanks.

RD

Mo Power

No RD I was just planning on getting the SE with black vylon top and the rest I was going to get parts for whoever needed them or whoever wants one. So RD if you want to stop by there located in Fort Dodge,Iowa and I can show you the way or what not. Orlo which is the guys name told me he was just going to crush them cause I guess he use to have more then 3  :o. And 69bronze that door is just the plain 73 door its just the guy switched cause it was crank instead of eletric window.
1973 Charger SE

RD

is it possible that you can provide me extensive pictures of the gold SE?  its a sister to my car and I need to see interior, quarter panel, pretty much, just about everything.  hate to be a pain, but ft. dodge is a trip in itself just to find out that this car is not what I need.

thanks.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: RD on October 24, 2007, 10:51:36 PM
I need to see interior

It looks pretty messed up in the interior :eek2: :Twocents:. Hey, in the first pic...it looks like there is a 68-69 Chevelle in the background?  :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger74

Hey Mo!  Let me know a good weekend.  I can make it up there to take a look.  I definetely could use the following: the big block k-frame, rear passenger side floor pan, possible rear half of passenger quarter and maybe even innner fenders and upper rad support....

Mo Power

Well the interior in the gold one was pretty shot. It was a bench and the passenger still has eletric window setup and rear defrost. Passenger quarter panel had rust in it and the drivers almost looked perfect and I couldn't get to it because of thorn bushes. And the roof pillars weren't very good and the rest of the roof is good. The passenger door was great shape except dent on body line and that was it. And 69 bronze ya they also have a chevelle also which is in great shape. And 74 Charger if you could come down this Sunday I think I can arrange that so just pm me.
1973 Charger SE

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:
  so, how was it you felt your way into this Gold Mine anyhow?..  :shruggy: were you just out in the woods stumbleing around with your cane and seeing-eye dog, when you reached out a felt a sign that said in braile "Gold Mine" "Here Be Chargers"...   :icon_smile_wink:

Charger1973

Hey those are only about 45 minutes from me.  Luckily im not looking for any parts right now.  ;)

BMOTOXSTAR

You should buy all them Chargers. You can sell the bumper filler, door handles, trim pieces, door panels, marker lights, brackets, etc.... :Twocents: :slap:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Mo Power

I wish I had the money right now but I don't and I doubt they are moving anytime quick since he said he won't do anything with them till after winters done.
1973 Charger SE

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mo Power on October 25, 2007, 08:48:43 PM
I wish I had the money right now but I don't and I doubt they are moving anytime quick since he said he won't do anything with them till after winters done.

ussually when someone says that , aweek later they are crushed!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69charger2002

or now that 4444 members know about it, they probably won't last a week!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/