News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger and buy a 1971 Plymouth Cuda

Started by Mefirst, October 12, 2007, 02:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mefirst

I got a phone call from a guy who owns a 1971 Plymouth Cuda and he asked me if I still was interested to buy his Cuda..

Sadly I don't have better pictures of it right now...

The Cuda has been professionally built, its has a 4-Link rear end, roll cage, etc... The paint job is absolutely :2thumbs:

Then there are also a couple of problems as well.. Its not road legal any more, reason is that the current and previous owner, did not have it go through the Car Inspection for some time. So that could cause a bureaucratic nightmare, even though it has been approved as road legal some years ago, that approval might not be taken into consideration today, if so, I would have to go through the bureaucracy, once thats done, hopefully get it approved as road legal again at the Car Inspection office

-Well I'm seriously thinking about it.. I'm gonna go check out the Cuda this Saturday.. I don't have a clue on what to do, so I kinda hope after seeing the Cuda I can make up my mind about what to do :scratchchin: The Cuda is a ready made car, its well built and it looks absolutely incredible. The Cuda is sold as a "Roller" (No engine or trans). I'd drop in my Hemi and trans from my Charger in it, then sell my Charger forward as a "roller"...

/Tom

(It sucks when I don't have the cash to have both :-\ )

bull

The '71 is my favorite year. I like 'em! :2thumbs:

However, I don't know about you but I wouldn't like not being able to cruise down the road to the burger joint or local car show. It would be a very limited-use car and that defeats the fun IMO. :Twocents:

Bandit72

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2007, 02:29:02 AM

However, I don't know about you but I wouldn't like not being able to cruise down the road to the burger joint or local car show. It would be a very limited-use car and that defeats the fun IMO. :Twocents:

:iamwithstupid:

make sure the car can be road legal before you make a decision....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Ghoste

I like the Charger better, but the world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same thing.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the change.  :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2007, 02:29:02 AM

I agree with Curtis on this one. But you gotta do what makes you happy. Good Luck Tom.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

greenpigs

Last I heard you were making the Charger into a street racer, so this Cuda is right up you way of thinking.

Do you want a cruiser or a race car?
:shruggy:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mefirst

Quote from: greenpigs on October 12, 2007, 05:41:37 AM
Last I heard you were making the Charger into a street racer, so this Cuda is right up you way of thinking.

Do you want a cruiser or a race car?
:shruggy:

-Well I do want a race car :scratchchin: The thing is, that my Charger is already a Race Car. Its put together to about 90% according to the rules and regulations of the NHRA Stock Car class and the rest comes from the KOS/FAST series. Only thing still missing is the roll bar/cage, 4 or 5 point racing harness... -Yes, I could cruise with it, but its not like in any way a comfortable ride, cause of the suspension setup, etc... Only difference really is that the Cuda has a 4-Link rear end, my Charger has not, not yet any way (I have been playing with the idea though)... The Cuda does have an interior, well half an interior to be more precise..

Its a damn hard decision.. -I do "love" my Charger, but this particular 71 Cuda is also one Bad A$$ ride...

/Tom

Old Moparz

I like the '71 Cudas, they're my favorite year for them.   :2thumbs:

Why not see if the guy with the Cuda will take care of having it inspected to make it roadworthy before making the deal? If he can or can't, it might help you to decide.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mefirst

-Well I just wrote a "Dodge Charger 500" 4Sale add...

I'm selling, or well more checking interest from possible buyers... The price may seem high to what your used to seeing over in America, but you have to remember, this is Europe, there ain't many Dodge Chargers for sale here, specially NOT with a Hemi under the hood, well soon to be under the hood...

I put the Price @ 500.000 Swedish, thats a little over 71K in Dollars (1$ is about 7 Swedish Kronas) If I get some +60.000$ Ill sell my Charger in a heartbeat... With that cash, I could buy the Cuda WITH an engine (a 572cid Ray Barton Hemi) and tranny included... and even have some money left over....

/Tom

bull

Mefirst

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2007, 09:34:43 AM
Zoinks! $71k? :o

-Thats what Im asking... but I might sell it for lets say $62K or something like that...

/Tom

Hemidog

Nacho-RT74

71 Cuda is my only E body choose. Don't like the rest. AND THAT ONE IS A REAL BAD A$$

But otherwise, I want  a car to enjoy it everywhere, not only at races, unless I have two of those. But of course I'm allmost a purist and not a race guy, so my opinion could it be biassed. I think I'd enjoy more the WOWs at the streets than the WOWs at races. Wows at races are limited ;) just between race guys.

I think all race guys ends boring about his own race car so then selling. I think street legal cars are more fun if that's the case and hardly to get bore. you allways can make mods to test another setup and still use on the streets.

Another stuff, I like enjoy my car with friends, so E body being ALREADY SMALLER ON REAR and now being a race car ( smaller yet ), won't allow enjoy that.

Just opinions, like I was thinking to myself.

PS.: change the topic subject, posted 70 instead 71 ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

firefighter3931

That is a verrrry nice Cuda, but not being able to drive on the street would be a deal breaker for me.  :P As much as i like Cudas they can never replace a Charger....never.  ;)

Nothing beats a true dual purpose car.  :icon_smile_big:

Check this one out.....68 runner, 496 stroker.....runs 10.50's n/a and 9.60's on the juice. He's a good friend of member R2 and was pitted with us at Norwalk. This is a real clean 68 Roadrunner that idles nice, could drive for extended periods on the street and performs extremely strong.....the best of both worlds, inmo.

Ron

Ps. That launch pic is with Drag radials, 4200 stall, 4.10 gears and full exhaust.....a true street car.
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mefirst

-Well I'll know more about the Cuda tomorrow.. I'm gonna go check it out together with my buddy... Depending on what I see and learn about it, I'll decide what to do... Just hope I make the right choice..

Its weird how something as stupid as a car, can grow on you, get attached to it, in a way it becomes part of you... -Cars truly are like women in more ways I imagined possible....

..to be continued......

/Tom

CB

Quote from: Mefirst on October 12, 2007, 09:49:12 AM
Quote from: bull on October 12, 2007, 09:34:43 AM
Zoinks! $71k? :o

-Thats what Im asking... but I might sell it for lets say $62K or something like that...

/Tom

No-one interersted in a 69 Charger? Gonna need to sell my baby if nothing happens to my current cash-flow  :icon_smile_angry:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Mean 318

IMHO i like the charger but it comes down to what ever floats yout boat! :2thumbs:

The70RT

Quote from: Mean 318 on October 13, 2007, 06:01:08 PM
IMHO i like the charger but it comes down to what ever floats yout boat! :2thumbs:

I like the Cuda too. Maybe If I had started out with a Cuda I would have been a Cuda guy. I just had my Charger too long. If your into racing more, that Cuda looks to be set up pretty good.  :cheers:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

472 R/T SE

Isn't the 'cuda where you eventually want to end up with your Charger?  What about trading the fella?  Hate to see ya' give up on the Charger but you're the one that needs to be happy.  :shruggy:

Mike DC

I'd take a streetgoing car over a track-only car any day of the week.  And I'd take a '69 Charger over an equal-value '71 Cuda any day of the week too. 

(But I'm biased.  Setting up cars specifically for drag racing is just a generally overrated thing IMHO.)

Mefirst

Update 071020

-Well no 71 Cuda race car for me... Another guy bought the Cuda :'(

I had interest from several people calling about my Charger, then again non of the callers was really serious to buy it.. -Well any ways, I'm gonna continue to build my Charger according to my plan..

/Tom

70charger_boy

Quote from: Mefirst on October 20, 2007, 03:15:33 PM
Update 071020

-Well no 71 Cuda race car for me... Another guy bought the Cuda :'(

I had interest from several people calling about my Charger, then again non of the callers was really serious to buy it.. -Well any ways, I'm gonna continue to build my Charger according to my plan..

/Tom

Amen!!!

CB

I hope Tom that you find enough passion to keep your 70 Charger  and keep building her like you intended. You're doing a great job!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

It's OK to investigate other options as they arise, That was a bad assed CUDA for sure, and if raceing is your primary need, perhaps that was the ticket, but like others said dual purpose is the ticket for me...  :yesnod: