News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mayday-interior help

Started by 68charger383, October 20, 2007, 06:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

I just had my interior done. Seats came out nice using legendary covers.

I had a new headliner installed. I gave them new pillar emblems and they did not put them on :eek2:. The headliner is glued down...is there anyway short of ripping off the headliner to install these?

Question two is they put in new carpet. Is the base of the gas pedal, the rubber square bracket that screws to the floor, supposed to be under the carpet or over it? I think the carpet is supposed to cover it.

Also in the picture, is the console trim carpet done correctly?

Thanks in advance
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Charger-Bodie

the gas pedal is supposed to be in the corner of the heal pad. as for the sail panel emblems you can use whats called a barrel nut , its a clip that starts in the hole and you push the pegs into them.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68charger383

Thanks, Is there away trick/secret to get under the headliner to get them without ripping it apart. Possibly removing the trim over the rear window...
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 68charger383 on October 20, 2007, 06:59:02 PM
Thanks, Is there away trick/secret to get under the headliner to get them without ripping it apart. Possibly removing the trim over the rear window...
no
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

y3chargerrt

I'd make the shop you went to install them. If they tear the headliner its on them.

Runner

you might be able to take the trim off and pull the headliner up enough to get the emblems on and then pull it back into place.     the installer is kinda at the mercy of the carpet supplier on where the heal pad is.   id bet that it was slightly different on every car that roled off the assembly line.  the carpet i just put in my 68 satellite is halve on and half off. 

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Runner on October 20, 2007, 08:41:26 PM
you might be able to take the trim off and pull the headliner up enough to get the emblems on and then pull it back into place.     the installer is kinda at the mercy of the carpet supplier on where the heal pad is.   id bet that it was slightly different on every car that roled off the assembly line.  the carpet i just put in my 68 satellite is halve on and half off. 

the problem becomes the sail panel boards , you have to pull the headliner up quite a ways to get them out of the way to put the nuts on thru the access holes.

AKcharger

Hmmm, I was able to get to mine without molsting the headliner. but another angle my be going throught the trunk (or better yet have a small kid squish in there) with a flashlight you'll be able see the holes on the C-panel. use a scribe to poke 'em. Now getting the nuts on will be a job but if you CAN access them from the trunk you should be able to do it.

Good luck 

68charger383

Thanks for the ideas, I just hope no one closes the trunk on me when I'm in there
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10