News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ENGINE TEST STAND

Started by VPFD13, October 20, 2007, 10:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VPFD13

Anyone ever build there own engine test stand?
GO BIG OR GO HOME

To be born free man is an accident, to live as one a responsibility and to die as one an obligation

NorwayCharger

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Charger-Bodie

here are a couple pics of mine , the pics arent great but here they are anyway.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Steve P.

I've been known to fire up a few motors hanging from a cherry picker before..  :eek2:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

VPFD13

Thanks guys I think I will be making one this winter.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

To be born free man is an accident, to live as one a responsibility and to die as one an obligation

Steve P.

If you are going to build one I would suggest getting your hands on a standard shift bell housing and flywheel.  It's quicker and easier to install. Easier to store and not much to handle.  Running an automatic means running it dry which will not last very long. OR putting fluid through it and that is one more mess to deal with. Also storage and set up of a full tranny will be a pain...

Just my .02
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

VPFD13

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Steve P. on October 21, 2007, 04:21:24 PM
If you are going to build one I would suggest getting your hands on a standard shift bell housing and flywheel.  It's quicker and easier to install. Easier to store and not much to handle.  Running an automatic means running it dry which will not last very long. OR putting fluid through it and that is one more mess to deal with. Also storage and set up of a full tranny will be a pain...

Just my .02

Thats what we do at the shop - standard scarrershield with flywheel...   bellhousing was $30.00 off ebay because it was welded on and the flywheel had been cooked by a customer at the dragstrip...      use a 26" radiator with an electric fan hooked up - tach, oil pressure, water temp, and volts - Yes I made ours and it has an operational charging system.

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip