News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So here's my story about my charger....

Started by Marck, October 18, 2007, 01:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marck

Hi everyone...

Been asking some questions lately, and never bothered to show what I'm working on, so I'm going to change that now...

I bought the car about a year ago, from a danish guy in California, who sells cars to Danish people as a "hobby".. A nice enough guy..
The car arrived in Denmark early april, and I was so happy to see it in the flesh for the first time. It was a project, but I was aware of that through detailed pictures and phonecalls..

Spent three weeks making the interior first, while I was debating different colours, wheels etc... Took it to a show about a month after I got it, and got a lot of positive feedback on the car, even though it's just in primer. Had a great weekend, with a buddy of mine at this show. On the way home from the show however, the engine blew. I don't know the exact words to describe it, but the piston seized, and tore the cylinder.  :brickwall: Had to be picked up by the danish autorecovery service (I think you call it triple A...?)

I was smashed, parked the charger in a corner of my workplace, and let it sit there for a month.. Had been working so hard, and only got one trip in it, I was really mad... But what a trip it was... I enjoyed every second of it untill it blew..

So now I'm building engine, when I should be fixing what little rust the car has, and getting it ready for paint.. Sucks...

I'm going to need a lot more help, finding some of the parts, that I'm going to need to get the car finished, and I'm glad to have found the site, since you have been very kind to help out...

Here's the charger...:

69charger2002

sorry to hear about the motor. what size motor was in it that blew up and what are you going to put back in it?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Marck

Here's a couple of pictures of the interior now...

Marck

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 18, 2007, 01:33:25 PM
sorry to hear about the motor. what size motor was in it that blew up and what are you going to put back in it?
trav

Hi..

It was a 440, and I'm doing a 511 for it now... If I can ever get the  :Twocents: for it... Parts sure don't come cheap for these cars... Not when they have to make it across the ocean anyways...

moparstuart

go to 440 sorce best parts best price for your motor 
   http://www.440source.com/
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger_Fan

Nice looking car. Your interior work looks a ton better, nice job! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

0X01B8

great looking car  ;) I know it's just primer, but Chargers look so tough and evil that way!  speaking of evil, listening to any King Diamond on that stereo you got in there?   :METAL:

BMOTOXSTAR

The new King Diamond rocks, I think the King is Danish? :scratchchin:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

mikesbbody

dont be discouraged, we all go through stuff like that! it will see the streets again with a big bad 511 stroker! nice looking charger  :2thumbs: i cant help but think i have seen it before somewhere  :scratchchin:

Marck

Quote from: moparstuart on October 18, 2007, 01:49:52 PM
go to 440 sorce best parts best price for your motor 
   http://www.440source.com/

I actually just heard about this site a couple of weeks ago, they've got a ton of stuff, seems nice quality also...

Thanks  :2thumbs:

Marck

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 18, 2007, 05:00:13 PM
Nice looking car. Your interior work looks a ton better, nice job! :cheers:

Thanks..

I'm really happy about how it turned out my self...

Didn't know it was so easy to gut the interior, like that... Only took a couple of hours to tear it apart...

Putting it back together was another story though...  :icon_smile_big:

Marck

Quote from: 0X01B8 on October 18, 2007, 05:30:27 PM
great looking car  ;) I know it's just primer, but Chargers look so tough and evil that way!  speaking of evil, listening to any King Diamond on that stereo you got in there?   :METAL:

I does look mean in primer, but it's a bitch to keep nice.. When I was at this show, I was constantly cleaning finger marks from the car..
Had a couple of chicks sitting on the hood, and then I had to clean butt marks of the car, but I didn't mind that so much...  :2thumbs: :D :lol:

Been around 15 years since I listened to King Diamond... But Metallica sounds awesome on that stereo...

Marck

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on October 18, 2007, 05:53:10 PM
The new King Diamond rocks, I think the King is Danish? :scratchchin:

He is Danish actually, his real name is Kim Bendix Petersen...

Marck

Quote from: mikesbbody on October 18, 2007, 08:59:11 PM
dont be discouraged, we all go through stuff like that! it will see the streets again with a big bad 511 stroker! nice looking charger  :2thumbs: i cant help but think i have seen it before somewhere  :scratchchin:

That's pretty much what I've come to understand from reading on this site, that s**t will happen at one point in time...  :icon_smile_wink:

I'm just really looking forward to getting it back on the street.. Just ordered a Dana60 for it too, so I will tear the rearend apart... It's got an 8 1/4 in it now...

I've posted one or two pictures on this site before, so that's maybe why you've seen it before..

Thanks..

Marck

I actually forgot a funny little story about the car...

The first little testdrive I took in the car, was a short trip of a couple of miles, the day before we left for the show I mentioned...

I drove the car with "testing numberplates", a set of numberplates you can buy from the dmv, that allows you to drive the vehicle for a limited number of days, and only for testing/sale/show purposees...

I got the plates, put them on the car, and drove my little trip to see how it ran...

I got chased by the cops... Twice... 

Truth be told they weren't after me, but they sure slowed down, and passed me slowly with their eyes the size of dinner plates.. They got back on the gas and dissapered.. I drove a little further, and turned around to go back, when I saw them with sirens and everything in my rearwiev mirror again... Same deal, they came allmost to a complete stop, when they passed me, exchanged a couple of words, looked at me, smiled, and got back on the gas... I don't know who or what they were chasing, but it wasn't as important as getting a better look of my charger...  :2thumbs: :smilielol:

moparstuart

GREAT STORY  maybe they were off the the donut shop ? OH do they do donut over there ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Tom_440

Nice story. Sorry to hear about the motor, but I think you will like your stroker more, anyway. New motor and new rear end = more driving and less breaking.

Marck

Hahaha...

I dom't think they do that many donuts here, since they more or less taste like crap everywhere they sell them...  :eek2:

I do think that I'll be more happy with the stroker engine, with the new rearend, I'm just dying to get it back on the road for next spring...