News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Score!

Started by Shakey, August 29, 2005, 06:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I was in MI last week on business and found a '69 Charger for parts.  Good thing I had some US cash with me. 

Scored a grille that has some good parts on it, most notably a pair of headlight doors and one headlight surround as well as all of the hardware and headlight actuators.  All of the vacuum lines and cannister and wiring all the way to the bulkhead was also included.

The car was an SE so I grabbed the cluster along with the woodgrain trim from the dash and the woodgrain steering wheel.  The wheel is in great shape, small crack about 1mm, but I will probably get it refinished anyways at the same time I do my original.

The tail lamps were in good shape, no cracks and the chrome bezel is in good shape also.  The hood signals, complete assemblies with wiring along with a pair of horns with mounting brackets and an interior rear view mirror finish of my list.

I didn't steal it, I paid fair and reasonable prices but I was not gouged.

I thought I would share this with you.

4402tuff4u

What did you spend for all that, if you dont mind saying?
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BB1

Good going Shakey  :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

MoparYoungGun

Nice score Shakey :2thumbs: !

cudaken

I would have been all over the dash, I love the wood grain.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Shakey

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on August 29, 2005, 07:12:33 AM
What did you spend for all that, if you dont mind saying?

What would you have paid for all of this?

or

Take a guess!

The majority of the stuff I already have and did not need.  I am a firm believer in having extra parts laying around as these items are getting harder to find.

4402tuff4u

If I really needed the stuff, I guess up to $ 1,500 - 2,000. But being cheap and not needing the stuff and just to have it I would say 850 - 1000. I know that the grill itself and the gauges alone go for that. But like I said I dont need them so I would low ball it.

Shakey

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on August 29, 2005, 01:41:01 PM
If I really needed the stuff, I guess up to $ 1,500 - 2,000. But being cheap and not needing the stuff and just to have it I would say 850 - 1000. I know that the grill itself and the gauges alone go for that. But like I said I dont need them so I would low ball it.

I'll give you another chance - keeping in mind the centre section of the grille is broken as is one of the headlight surrounds.  Also, there is not a tach in that cluster, just a clock.

4402tuff4u

How about the tail lights do they have the guts too? I mean the lamp holders and whole assembly? If not then I would say 500.00 tops

mustanghater

how bad was the parts car?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

bull

Hey, I know this thread is more than two years old but I'm guessing you paid $500.

Charger_Fan

:lol: Well, better late than never. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69charger2002

wow the last post before today was the day hurricane katrina hit.. don't know why i noticed that but i did
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69_500

Nothing like bringing a thread out of the cellar huh?

I was just about to say that this was the first thread that Cudaken posted on in a few years, until I looked at the dates on all of the other posts.

bull

Quote from: 69_500 on November 03, 2007, 07:26:52 PM
Nothing like bringing a thread out of the cellar huh?

I was just about to say that this was the first thread that Cudaken posted on in a few years, until I looked at the dates on all of the other posts.

What's odd about that cudaken posting is that it doesn't require a decoder ring, probably one of the few cudaken postings that don't. The spelling, punctuation and grammar are all right on the money!

Chatt69chgr

I got a deal like this two or three years ago.  I was leaving a junkyard when one of the guys there came up to me and said, "I see you have been looking for old MOPAR stuff", I have some things that I had set back but had just about forgotten about.  He proceeds to lead me over to a 40 foot trailer, opens the door and says "could you use this stuff".  There was a complete 69 charger grill with all the plastic, chrome, metal backing, headlight assemblies, vacuum cans, etc. and a complete ralleye dash.  Didn't come with a tach however.  I figured there was no way I would be getting this as the $$ would be over my head when he says "could you handle $200?".  I nearly tore my rear pants pocket off getting my wallet out.  I also believe in having spare parts.  But it's getting more and more difficult to find anything.  I think I have been real lucky to find the few things I have but I love going out and looking.  There's nothing that makes me happier than dropping me off in the middle of a good junkyard with a few tools. 

70charginglizard

Sweet.

What an awesome score.

Wish I had that kind of luck :2thumbs:
70charginglizard