News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HLPAG magic!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, October 19, 2007, 05:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

I'm a huge GL fanboy, but it would have been cooler to leave that car a lot closer to a stock resto. 

Factory 4spd, chromed rocker panels . . .  cool.  Just lose the green colors and you're ready to go.   

69bronzeT5

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 19, 2007, 06:26:45 PM
Looks to me like the map pockets are just strips of straight vinyl stapled to the door panel. :scope: Quality. :eek2:

Exactly what I was saying...those door panels look like SH!T!!  :eek2:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mean 318

Quote from: AKcharger on October 20, 2007, 12:41:01 PM
HLPAG is worse than Hitler!

Compairing a guy who massacred millions, started a world war, and devastated the world to cars seems :slap:

Khyron

Quote from: Mean 318 on October 22, 2007, 03:36:36 AM

Compairing a guy who massacred millions, started a world war, and devastated the world to cars seems :slap:

right, and then there's Hitler.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on October 19, 2007, 05:52:00 PM
personally the car looks pretty good to me...if I didn't know better I would have bought it!

That's exactly what they count on.

Old Moparz

OOOOOOOO!! Notice the upper door pad & the way they duplicated original grain pattern of the vinyl.  :o

Duct tape & some more tan spray paint maybe?   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

joflaig

I was planning to check out the Volo Car "museum" this weekend. It's about ten miles from Lake Villa. I suppose I could stop by and check it out, take some pics too. I guess I could tell them I was looking for a project car. I just wonder if they'd be suspicious of someone taking photos of everything.

Steve P.

Are you trying to spoil a good weekend??   :icon_smile_blackeye:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

67hcode

I live less than 5 min from that place. I don't think they do much business locally. My guess is it's mostly internet buyers from far away. Word must have gotten out around here. I'm always amazed that a business that operates the way they seem to can survive. What ever happened to taking pride in your work? I'm sure at some point everything will catch up to them.

Bob

TeeWJay426

Quote from: 67hcode on October 23, 2007, 10:49:15 AM
I live less than 5 min from that place. I don't think they do much business locally. My guess is it's mostly internet buyers from far away. Word must have gotten out around here. I'm always amazed that a business that operates the way they seem to can survive. What ever happened to taking pride in your work? I'm sure at some point everything will catch up to them.

Bob

Most of us have been saying that for years about Jim's as well.... yet they still manage to survive.... kinda like a cockroach in a nuclear fallout zone.....
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

JMF

Can you go and take some pictures of it and post them on here? I'm interested to see the surrounding landscape

RD

its a very old joke on this board "GREENIE" hehehehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Bluestar

I know it may be a bit of a stretch, but is it possible they have tried to change their stripe somewhat.  The stuff I've seen them advertising recently certainly looks a lot more clean than what they were offering a year or two ago.  And again not trying to defend them in the least, seeing as what their reputation is and what they have done to some people that have found their way here after getting ripped off.  It would be interesting to see a report from someone near there who could stop by and check things out.

Steve P.

Why would you even bother?? They are a rip off company. Always were and always will be... Skunks don't change their stripes..  :eek2:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

67hcode

My guess is the reason you're seeng cars that look nicer is that they are now doing restorations ( If you can call them that)  I thought in earlier years they were mostly just buying and selling them.  Next time I go past there I will try to remember the camera and snap a couple of shots. Was by there a few days ago and the lot is a sea of orange with all the GL "projects" they have

Ponch ®

Quote from: RD on October 23, 2007, 12:04:45 PM

Greenies are worse than Hitler!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

C_stripes

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 23, 2007, 01:51:34 PM
Quote from: RD on October 23, 2007, 12:04:45 PM

Greenies are worse than Hitler!

HEY!!  I resent that remark, I am still somewhat of a greenie and I am nothing like hitler.  I don't paint chargers orange.  Damn Chevy guys
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.