News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another well built Pro-touring Charger!!

Started by Magnumcharger, October 16, 2007, 06:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munkracefab

Quote from: Magnumcharger on October 16, 2007, 06:46:54 PM
Similar to the one from a previous post, a lot of money and time invested producing a car beyond the norm.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/mopp_0712_1969_dodge_charger_pro_touring/index.html

Did anyone even notice that the front bumper has been narrowed, the corners softened, licence plate notch removed and pushed 3/4 of an inch closer to grill? :scratchchin: Also the rear valance has been lowered 2 1/2 inches to accommodate hand made 3x4 exhaust tips. It also serves to hide the fuel tank and spring shackles. Rear bumper was cut into 5 pieces, narrowed, pie cut and pushed 5/8 of an inch closer to the car. Back up lights are from a 1966 Charger, reformed to fit contour of 69 bumper. Also notice that ugly ass 1 inch wide gap between bottom of bumper and top roll of valance has been filled. As have the rear fender extensions ect... Sorry you don't like the Torq Thrust II wheels. Those are 18 x 10's with a 295/50/18. Coddington is building me 18 x 11.5's right now, and it will soon have 305/50/18s. Which is a full 1.5 inch wider then what's on there now. Thanks for all the positive input.

68charger383

Quote from: munkracefab on October 19, 2007, 12:04:03 AM
Similar to the one from a previous post, a lot of money and time invested producing a car beyond the norm.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/mopp_0712_1969_dodge_charger_pro_touring/index.html

Did anyone even notice that...

Hey Monk, love the car....but what about those turn signal covers? Where/who did you get them from and where can we get them? :popcrn:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

HITMAN 149

Quote from: 68charger383 on October 19, 2007, 12:37:06 AM

Did anyone even notice that...

Hey Monk, love the car....but what about those turn signal covers? Where/who did you get them from and where can we get them? :popcrn:

YEA!!! YEA!!!!!!   YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Charger74

Did anyone even notice that the front bumper has been narrowed, the corners softened, licence plate notch removed and pushed 3/4 of an inch closer to grill? :scratchchin: Also the rear valance has been lowered 2 1/2 inches to accommodate hand made 3x4 exhaust tips. It also serves to hide the fuel tank and spring shackles. Rear bumper was cut into 5 pieces, narrowed, pie cut and pushed 5/8 of an inch closer to the car. Back up lights are from a 1966 Charger, reformed to fit contour of 69 bumper. Also notice that ugly ass 1 inch wide gap between bottom of bumper and top roll of valance has been filled. As have the rear fender extensions ect... Sorry you don't like the Torq Thrust II wheels. Those are 18 x 10's with a 295/50/18. Coddington is building me 18 x 11.5's right now, and it will soon have 305/50/18s. Which is a full 1.5 inch wider then what's on there now. Thanks for all the positive input.

Munk,  I remember this from that  past thread.  I think what you did was great.   You took a lot of time and did things nicely and made things cleaner looking.  Gives me ideas for my 73....

Joshua

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 18, 2007, 11:24:19 PM
josh....
you don't like those front turn signals in that sweeeet custom front valance???
i love that whole set up???
damn... you could fit 3 bodies in that trunk!!!!

Hitman...sorry bro, but no, I really don't like 'em.....looks like a throwing star from the local fleamarket with a cheapie bulb from the trucker's store. :icon_smile_big: Ever see those really cheap BOOM boxes? It looks like one of them speaker covers......
I'm sure it's some kind of overpriced, billet part, which makes it that much worse....in MY eyes anyway...... :cheers:

The car does have alot of nice details......I just think '68/9 Chargers have such nice lines that they don't need much changes, if any....it cheapens it.....

HITMAN 149

Quote from: Joshua on October 19, 2007, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 18, 2007, 11:24:19 PM
josh....
you don't like those front turn signals in that sweeeet custom front valance???
i love that whole set up???
damn... you could fit 3 bodies in that trunk!!!!

Hitman...sorry bro, but no, I really don't like 'em.....looks like a throwing star from the local fleamarket with a cheapie bulb from the trucker's store. :icon_smile_big: Ever see those really cheap BOOM boxes? It looks like one of them speaker covers......
I'm sure it's some kind of overpriced, billet part, which makes it that much worse....in MY eyes anyway...... :cheers:

and there ya go!!!!!! another honest DC.com member sharing his thoughts!!!!! like i've said... to each his own!!!
:2thumbs:
The car does have alot of nice details......I just think '68/9 Chargers have such nice lines that they don't need much changes, if any....it cheapens it.....

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

70charger_boy

Oh yeah, I remember this car.  Didn't somebody rip the owner a new one, about the rt stripe?