News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fall Hershey Car Show 2007 (Photos)

Started by Old Moparz, October 18, 2007, 11:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Photo Album Link With Full Sized Images:
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff110/oldmoparzpics/Hershey%202007/

(All have been added, there's 176 photos.)  :cheers:

As much as I enjoy going to a Mopar show to see Mopars, the Fall Hershey Show has a little bit of everything which is also fun to check out. Well, maybe it has more than just a little bit of everything. It's freakin' huge, & has so many cars, trucks, parts, & other items to see I couldn't see them all. This is the 3rd time I've been to this show & it's becoming one of my favorites. I hadn't planned on going, but my plans changed & the weather was nice, so I hooked up the camping trailer Friday after work, loaded up my wife & daughter, & we went.

We got there sometime after midnight, so instead of finding a spot in the overflow field of the local campground & waking people up, we parked in a Wally-Mart lot & went to sleep. The grounds where they have the swap & show are adjacent to Hershey Park, & have improved over the years. We paid $25 to park, which sounds expensive, but since there's no admission fee to enter, it amounts to about the same as 3 people going to Carlisle. It used to be a grass field, but it's paved now & the chance to wade through mud as deep as your ankles is gone.

The swap meet is mostly the very old stuff, but it's still cool to look at & you never know what you will see. It starts on Tuesday, & Saturday is the last day of the whole show. This left us Sunday to go to Hershey's Chocolate World, & then the amusement park to entertain my 8 year old. She walked just as much as I did at the car show on Saturday & got bored 2 thirds of the way through. She made sure to let me know many times, but it wasn't too bad. I promised her Sunday was going to be her day & that she'd like it better. She did, so all is well.

It was the Antique Automobile Club of America's Fall Meet (AACA)
Link:  http://local.aaca.org/hershey/index.htm

Here's a bunch of pics I took with some Mopars thrown in for good measure.  :D

I'll add more tomorrow, I'm off to sleep.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Forza

HITMAN 149

wow!!!!!!! nice resto chally.... BUT THOSE RIMS GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek2:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 19, 2007, 12:32:51 AM
:iagree:     They look like those wheels Foose put on that green Chally. :eek2: ::)

HITMAN 149

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 19, 2007, 12:38:45 AM
:iagree:     They look like those wheels Foose put on that green Chally. :eek2: ::)

i knew they looked familiar!!!! ewwwwwwwwwww
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Old Moparz

I'm not crazy about the wheels on the Challenger either, but the car was beautiful. Some cars will never be appreciated in photos, like the first one I posted. That old thing was immaculate & the body done in black was laser straight & not a swirl or scratch in the paint.

Here's some more photos including the giant, McGuire spray bottles my daughter took a photo of.   :lol:

A motorcycle made entirely out of wood.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks for posting the pic's.
:cheers:
That is awesome the family was with you. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Old Moparz

This was really cool, an old Hearse. I was hoping the owner was around to ask more about it. It has some interesting side panels that looked like carvings, but I wasn't going to touch it to see if it was wood or metal. Maybe I should have paid some kid to throw a rock at it & listen to the sound it makes. :D

At this particular show, it was the first time my daughter seemed really interested in one type of car, an "E" Type Jaguar. She gravitaed to it right away & also to all the others that were there. I remember liking this car as a kid too, so maybe it's in her blood.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bill440rt

I was there on Saturday as well. A few friends & I went out to the show as a last minute decision. We are members of the AACA also, but due to the last minute decision we left the cars at home.

That black Fury was an AWESOME resto. I've seen the company's work before, but I can't remember their name who did the car. As Old Moparz said, the body was super straight & the black paint was flawless.  :coolgleamA:

I also ran into resq302 with his red & white '69 Charger. Congrats Brian on the Senior!!!  :2thumbs: A nice representation of muscle cars was in the show, including some nice Mopars.

At the risk of making enemies here, I am one of the few people who really LIKE those wheels. (BTW HITMAN, you might be seeing them on a certain '69 Charger in the very near future... a green one).  :D
As Old Moparz said again, that Challenger was REALLY a nice car. Modern HEMI, modern suspension & steering, etc. Nice body & paint, too. Not appreciated in photos, even the wheels.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Old Moparz

How about a Willy's truck made from wood? Nice craftsmanship with all the carvings & inlays & it reminds me of work you'd see on a musical instrument.

An American La France that I believe was steam powered. (Doesn Jay Leno have one?)

This old Caddy ragtop was nice, I'd love to have one.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Lowprofile

Great pics bro! Those old Jags are still one of my favorite cars! That Caddy ragtop is sweet too! :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bill440rt

Did anyone see the price tag on that '67 Coronet R/T? It said it was drastically reduced from $79,000 down to $59,000!!!  :rofl:  It also said it was a fresh, "frame-off" restoration, no expense spared, etc. Yeah, right. There were cracks in the paint like an old lacquer job. One peek at the engine compartment should tell you it was in no way a "fresh" restoration.

Also, something was up with the numbers on that GTX. It definitely had a repro fender tag.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bsakal

I went on friday, the car corral had a sweet '68 Chrysler (newport I think) 2dr, yellow, w/black vinyl top, 440, only $18K.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

HITMAN 149

Quote from: bill440rt on October 19, 2007, 07:42:35 AM
I was there on Saturday as well. A few friends & I went out to the show as a last minute decision. We are members of the AACA also, but due to the last minute decision we left the cars at home.

That black Fury was an AWESOME resto. I've seen the company's work before, but I can't remember their name who did the car. As Old Moparz said, the body was super straight & the black paint was flawless.  :coolgleamA:

I also ran into resq302 with his red & white '69 Charger. Congrats Brian on the Senior!!!  :2thumbs: A nice representation of muscle cars was in the show, including some nice Mopars.

At the risk of making enemies here, I am one of the few people who really LIKE those wheels. (BTW HITMAN, you might be seeing them on a certain '69 Charger in the very near future... a green one).  :D
As Old Moparz said again, that Challenger was REALLY a nice car. Modern HEMI, modern suspension & steering, etc. Nice body & paint, too. Not appreciated in photos, even the wheels.  :yesnod:
hey BILL...
hey bro if that's what ya likes... then it's alll you!! to each his own.. i'm sure there's gonna be somebody that's not gonna like something i did on my car either?!?!? but just like we allll say.. it's YOUR car bro!!! and GREEN!?!?!?!?  :eek2: LOL!!!!!!!! i know your busting my chops cause of all the green charger comments i make!!! LOL!!  can't wait to see it all done!!! :2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Old Moparz

There were some way overpriced cars there, but I did see a few that were realistic. There were also a lot of "SOLD" signs on cars, so I suppose there were deals to be had. Here's a Cougar I spotted that seemed like a bargain, it even had a 4 speed. I just don't understand the speakers mounted on the front of the dash.  :lol:

Where's the fire?

Cool wagon.

Very clean truck, I liked this one.

I love these ugly old trucks, but my wife likes them even more than I do. Maybe that's why she married me? :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

Now here's something you don't see at a car show everyday, a half-track.  :o  It was cool to see this thing roll past.

Beautiful AAR.  :2thumbs:

Oh yeah, there were some Chargers there too.  :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

HITMAN 149

hey moparzzzzzz
wow nice pics!! yea that 1/2 track is awesome!!!! would be nice to have in the snow!! no getting stuck in that thing!!!
is that brian's (resq302) red n white 69!?!?!?
:2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger_Fan

Cool pics, thanks for posting those! :cheers:
That wooden Willys is just nuts. That guy's definitely got a lot of patience.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi,

the q5 turquosie 69 Charger looks nice.
Was it a 318 or 383 2bbl/4bbl?

Do you know what the asking price was?

Regards

Carsten

TripleBlackGator

I use to go every year but stopped because it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Last few times I did go it was just to look for gas pumps, coke machines, and assorted petrolinia.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!