News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

its official, im a charger rt owner!!!!!!! with pics!

Started by kylem4711, October 18, 2007, 10:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylem4711

so a couple of days ago i picked up my second charger.   my first was a 72.    this one though, is a 70 rt currently a 383, but soon to be 440, it has a 4-speed hurst pistol grip. dana rear end, hemi suspension, and has some weird 70/80's upgrades.....

haha

anyway, i love the car already, 

thanks for everyone that helped me find one.

the hood is open

dont like this

not cool....

anyone notice the weird mud flaps?
anyone notice the door handles are in?

ha even though its got some pretty weird/ugly upgrades, i love it.   

anyone have any rt emblems for sale?
also, the only rust it has is in the trunk, so i will need a new trunk,  anyone have that???

thanks again guys and gals

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Brock Samson

69charger2002

those door handles are unbelievable!!!! holy crap.. nice score though. a legit R/T 4 speed dana 60 car. that's awesome!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Big Lebowski

Cool car. And they all had/have trunk rust (except garaged Hemi cars), but it's no big deal fixing it. I'd go back to B7, it's an awesome color.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

The70RT

Congrats.  :2thumbs: Looks like a pretty solid car. Are you planning on going back original sometime? Whoever thought of that door hande thing   :slap:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kylem4711

Quote from: Big Lebowski on October 18, 2007, 10:42:24 PM
Cool car. And they all had/have trunk rust (except garaged Hemi cars), but it's no big deal fixing it. I'd go back to B7, it's an awesome color.

yeah, i wasn't to upset about the rust,   

and is b7 the blue color?

i was trying to figure out the color, but couldnt

kylem4711

Quote from: The70RT on October 18, 2007, 10:42:36 PM
Congrats.  :2thumbs: Looks like a pretty solid car. Are you planning on going back original sometime? Whoever thought of that door hande thing   :slap:

my thought exactly,  its just hard to open the door.  ha

i am thinking about shaving the door handles,  it seems like that would be easier. 

also, those mud flap things are coming off also.

lastly, i have noticed people always say this is a 1 or whatever car.  how do i figure that out?

terrible one

Haha man that's wild. LOVE the slots though! The wing looks like it should be facing the other way to me. Are those "mud flaps" just fiberglassed/bondo'd onto the quarters? And the door handles. . . why?! Haha but still dude, awesome car. How much did you pay?

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

71ChallengeHer

kylem4711

Quote from: terrible one on October 18, 2007, 10:57:50 PM
Haha man that's wild. LOVE the slots though! The wing looks like it should be facing the other way to me. Are those "mud flaps" just fiberglassed/bondo'd onto the quarters? And the door handles. . . why?! Haha but still dude, awesome car. How much did you pay?

i dont like the wing either...
yuup, they are just bondo's on,

i paid 10

Forza

Man that is an awesome score! Congrats man thats one good lookin car, even with the wierd upgrades the previous owner did.

68charger383

Congrats on the score, are the slots on the side for dual antennas? :shruggy:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

70charger_boy

Congrats, It's a '70.  I actually like the mods, but one big thing I noticed is the rear quarters have fiberglass all around the wheel whell.  You might be in for a very big surprise, on the back half of the car.  The wing is nice, sell it to me!!  :2thumbs:

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

charger Downunder

[/quote]

400/6/PAC

Hemidog

Man, i almost spit out my coffee when i saw those door handles! FAR OUT!!
Nice car though!  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

nice score !!!  What are your intentions? Looks like you have some work to do...... A B7 car with black 4-speed interior, nice combination..................

Between you, me and the fence pole (well, everyone else here I guess), those door handle recessess have to go along with that NASCAR Car-of-the-future rear spoiler..  :icon_smile_big:

Have fun !!!!!

troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Whatever you do, make sure you keep the antenna location the same!  :drool5:                                           :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dodgecharger-fan

Those sure are some whacky mods... not too tuff to deal with though.

Congrats!

I think you're right about shaving the door handles - it might be a lot easier - unless you;ve got some extra doors lying around...

Keep us posted on your plans and progress!!

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

kylem4711

Quote from: 68charger383 on October 19, 2007, 12:41:04 AM
Congrats on the score, are the slots on the side for dual antennas? :shruggy:

thats what i have been told.   :brickwall:

kylem4711

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 19, 2007, 07:29:32 AM
nice score !!!  What are your intentions? Looks like you have some work to do...... A B7 car with black 4-speed interior, nice combination..................

Between you, me and the fence pole (well, everyone else here I guess), those door handle recessess have to go along with that NASCAR Car-of-the-future rear spoiler..  :icon_smile_big:

Have fun !!!!!

troy

my intentions are to get this to be a reliable driver and drive it everywhere!!!    no show cars for me.   it will be nice,  but these cars were made to drive.

and i agree on the door handles and the spoiler.    haven't you noticed how much i hate them. ive only said it on every post ive made.  ha   :rofl:

im gonna shave the handles, cover the antenna holes, take out the spoiler, and remove those mudflaps.

i am also going to put in a 440,  and probably be getting about 450 horses.   this baby is going to puuuuurrrrrr

kylem4711

also, no one has let me know how to figure out how rare this car is.

for example,   i would like to be able to say that this is a 1 of whatever car.

even if its not super rare, i would still like to know.    :shruggy:                     :cheers:

PocketThunder

Quote from: kylem4711 on October 19, 2007, 09:39:17 AM
also, no one has let me know how to figure out how rare this car is.

for example,   i would like to be able to say that this is a 1 of whatever car.

even if its not super rare, i would still like to know.    :shruggy:                     :cheers:

Go on the 1970 Charger Registry and post about your car.  they will tell you every thing you want to know!  Those 70 guys are nuts..  :nana:

www.1970chargerregistry.com

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

It is 1 of two mopars you now own, unless you sold the Cuda then its 1 of 1, Congratulations, I hope it was a good deal, and 70 R/T is my favorite Charger.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

kylem4711

Quote from: 41husk on October 19, 2007, 10:45:25 AM
It is 1 of two mopars you now own, unless you sold the Cuda then its 1 of 1, Congratulations, I hope it was a good deal, and 70 R/T is my favorite Charger.

whats up husk,
ive been waiting for you to reply!   :cheers:

and yeah, i still have the plymouth,   its gonna get pushed back though cause this is my new baby

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

kylem4711

Khyron

Very nice car! congrats!  :2thumbs:

now first, remove that spoiler ;)

second, send me those deep rear slots  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

kylem4711

dodgecharger-fan

Joshua

Dude....that car rules! Looks like it was a show car during late 70's-early 80's...except for that wing....that looks added on after it was painted white.
What color is in the door jambs? I'd carfully sand the car down to the next layer of paint.....may be some wild graphics/lace/ freakdrop paint tricks under there!
If you decide to restore it back to stock, or close to stock by removing all the mods, be sure to take lots of pics.
Sometimes I feel these old customized cars should be kept as they are (or brought back to former "show" GLORY)....to a degree, regardless of their "rarity", R/T, Hemi, etc....it's a part of our automotive "history", so to speak.....
Not all of 'em....some are real abortions....this one doesn't "appear" to be....hard to tell from pics.
There are a pair of '68/9 GTX cars in the area that are old show cars....LOTS of chrome, airbrushed murels everywhere (BAMBI!...hahaha) T-Tops cut into the roofs, swivel bucket seats, lots of velour.....neat cars. Not everyones cup 'o' tea, but a cool "look back" to what was done back in the 70's.....

Yeah...................I'm WEIRD...... :icon_smile_big:

Blakcharger440

I also have a 1970 Charger RT 440 4speed car and originally it is FE5 Red with black interior and vinyl top. My Chrysler production code book  listed these particular optioned cars as 1 of 1400.

By the way your car looks awesome and I like the vintage slotted wheels!
My car is currently getting the Pro Touring treatment and i will drive it on the Hot Rod Power Tour in 08'

OldGuy

Are the headlight doors painted silver or is it just a reflection :scratchchin:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Joshua

Quote from: OldGuy on October 19, 2007, 03:06:15 PM
Looks like overspray from the quickie white paint job....... :P

evil1

The70RT

Quote from: evil1 on October 19, 2007, 04:06:32 PM
Nice car, but how do you put gas in it?

Wow. I never noticed before. I'm sure he will put that back. I think the Charger has the coolest place for a gas cap.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

wow  why on earth would they ever take the gas cap out    stange
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Tom_440

Nice ride!!! Other than the wing, the 'old school' stuff is cool in a wierd way. Gotta drive the wheels off it!

kylem4711

Quote from: evil1 on October 19, 2007, 04:06:32 PM
Nice car, but how do you put gas in it?

finally someone noticed that there was no gas cap!!!!!

the charger has the coolest one, so thats gonna go back for sure.

and to be honest, i dont particularly like the mags.

might put them up for sale so i can put some torq thrusts.

i think i decided to make this car how i like it, because i dont think i will  be selling it anytime soon

Chris G.

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 19, 2007, 09:45:16 AM
Those 70 guys are nuts..  :nana:

I resemble that remark...thank you very much.  ;)

Sweet car man. B7 was not a very common color. Add the hardtop, and it's even better (IMO). If you want to get a better idea of how it looked in EB7 (dark blue), click here... http://1970chargerregistry.com/Misc/Colors.html

Good luck with it, and lose that spoiler ASAP.  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Joshua on October 19, 2007, 03:35:56 PM
Quote from: OldGuy on October 19, 2007, 03:06:15 PM
Looks like overspray from the quickie white paint job....... :P
:iagree: Looks like the headlight doors were in the open position when they sprayed the car. It probably slipped in past the hood & the rubber.

The gas cap...huh.  :image_294343: I didn't even notice that on the first pass, I was too busy looking at the mud flaps & door knob. :smilielol:
A couple of those pics are going in my oddball Charger stash. :yesnod:

Kyle, congrats on being a proud '70 owner...the finest 2nd Gen Charger made! :icon_smile_approve: ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chris G.

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 19, 2007, 06:19:15 PM
Kyle, congrats on being a proud '70 owner...the finest Charger made! :icon_smile_approve: ;D

Can't believe I had to edit CF's post  ;D. Did you really think another Gen(meaning all years) Charger stood a chance?  :scratchchin: ;)

Dodge Don

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Chris G. on October 19, 2007, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 19, 2007, 06:19:15 PM
Kyle, congrats on being a proud '70 owner...the finest Charger made! :icon_smile_approve: ;D

Can't believe I had to edit CF's post  ;D. Did you really think another Gen(meaning all years) Charger stood a chance?  :scratchchin: ;)
Damn, what was I thinkin'?? :brickwall:
:lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

472 R/T SE

Right-on.  Got yourself a cool ride.  I once had a Dana 4 gear R/T.  They're a kick in the pants rowing thru the gears.  You lucked out as yours is optioned as a console 4 gear.  That's way cool.
Go to the Registry to break down the percentages on how many were made optioned out like yours.  Have you looked for a broadcast sheet yet?

http://1970chargerregistry.com/Production/RT_Codes.html

kylem4711

kylem4711

Quote from: Chris G. on October 19, 2007, 06:16:57 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 19, 2007, 09:45:16 AM
Those 70 guys are nuts..  :nana:

I resemble that remark...thank you very much.  ;)

Sweet car man. B7 was not a very common color. Add the hardtop, and it's even better (IMO). If you want to get a better idea of how it looked in EB7 (dark blue), click here... http://1970chargerregistry.com/Misc/Colors.html

Good luck with it, and lose that spoiler ASAP.  :2thumbs:

awesome. thanks man

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

kylem4711

SeattleCharger

That's a really neat souped-up zoomin' boomer you got there!!      :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

Few folks seems to be getting the slots any more, they are now being rebopped and are period correct for after market wheels.
the wide "deep dish" rears are hard to find,.. I'm running them currently on my Road Runner, Pic enclosed..
..polished up and with new centers and lugs they look great. IMO.
I think it's a funky ride ya' got but the flaps and spoiler are horrible, the door handels and antenna holes are kinda' charming in a off beat kinda' way..
really needs a gas cap, i didn't notice it being gone either... where is the gas cap now?...  :shruggy:

Some of the mods that some folks make to what was a very nearly perfect Muscle car make me wince.  :-\