News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Could someone post engine compartment wiring routing pics?

Started by A34, October 18, 2007, 10:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have pics of the correct routing for the wiring along the inner fenders for a 69 Charger 440 4-4spd car?  Also need to see pics of the plug wire routing on same engine. Any online sources to see this?

Thanks !!!!

:cheers:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

69_500

Are you talking about electrical wiring and the routing, or the vacuum hoses and where they are routed? The electrical lines follow the gove that is in the inner fender well. Goes behind the battery, in that trough, held in by white plastic clips. I'll do some digging I know I havep ton's of photo's of cars in these area's. Just narrowing it down to a 440 4 speed though could take a day.

A34

Quote from: 69_500 on October 18, 2007, 10:34:10 PM
Are you talking about electrical wiring and the routing, or the vacuum hoses and where they are routed? The electrical lines follow the gove that is in the inner fender well. Goes behind the battery, in that trough, held in by white plastic clips. I'll do some digging I know I havep ton's of photo's of cars in these area's. Just narrowing it down to a 440 4 speed though could take a day.

Both would be nice. Thanks !
Deo Vindice

69_500

here is one, not sure if this is the wiring your asking about, but it is a 440 4 speed charger.

69_500

are you talking about where the wires are in the harness for the plugs? Or what? Guess you don't need the one of the firewall wiring harness then?

69_500

One thing to note though, are that both photo's are of a daytona, so where the wires go up over the core support would be different for any other chargers though.

A34

Quote from: 69_500 on October 18, 2007, 10:43:32 PM
are you talking about where the wires are in the harness for the plugs? Or what? Guess you don't need the one of the firewall wiring harness then?

No, don't need those but thanks.
Deo Vindice

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

A34

Deo Vindice

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Jesco

Correct routing pics can you find at http://amhightechauto.com/ and click on Electrical and then Photo 1 and Photo 2 under WR69 item.
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

A34

Thanks guys this helps alot !!!

Now, anyone want to come over and help me spin wrenches?

Georgia weather is real nice this time of year !  :2thumbs:
Deo Vindice

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Jesco on October 22, 2007, 07:37:14 AM
Correct routing pics can you find at http://amhightechauto.com/ and click on Electrical and then Photo 1 and Photo 2 under WR69 item.

Wow, what a great site.  I'm just starting my engine compartment, this was a great link to find.  Thanks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mysil bergsprekken

69 charger RT

dodgedarren

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 19, 2007, 05:50:37 AM
Some....

Where can I find that support above the brake booster that you have holding the vacuum hoses for the headlight??

mysil bergsprekken

Quote from: dodgedarren on October 18, 2011, 11:31:29 PM
Some....

Where can I find that support above the brake booster that you have holding the vacuum hoses for the headlight??

do you mean this???
Y1 have it.

FW5A    Firewall retaining bracket, fits models with manual brakes, reproduction.    $45.99
69 charger RT

Dino

Some....

That's beautiful, yours?

Was that how it was done at the factory?  The battery ground cable was oversprayed?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mysil bergsprekken

It seems logical to paint the engine block with the ground straps and negative battery cable already installed. Instead of masking off the area where grounding is necessary, or removing the paint afterwards. But I don't know if this was how it was supposed to be.
69 charger RT

gtx6970

Quote from: dodgedarren on October 18, 2011, 11:31:29 PM
Some....

this one ?
I have both the long and short versions in stock, considerably cheaper than Year Ones wrong version

Chatt69chgr

gtx6970

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on October 20, 2011, 09:31:06 AM
Which is correct for a 69?  Long or Short?

Both.

But as a general rule long is power brake, short is manual brake.
And I found several long ones on manual brake cars, but not once did I find a short  one on a power brake car. SO nothing is written in stone in regards to which is right or wrong.
I did a lot of the research on these to help bring them to market like OE.
As a side note. The year one shows is zinc plated. EVERY one I pulled last year researching these were galvanized. Thus why the one I've shown is also galvanized

Chatt69chgr

branded

Do these photos happen to be for an electronic ignition?