News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My ebay nightmare and the link, not planning on payment from seller

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 18, 2007, 09:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Rob, the heads on your current (windowed) motor should be fine....this motor came out of a 75-76 car right ? That being the case you'll be good to go.  :2thumbs: I would suggest that you have them looked over and pressure tested to make sure there are no problems. A good 3 angle valvejob and some matched springs for your cam.

Rebuilding the engine to stock specs doesn't mean you have to go with a stock cam. You just need to match the profile to the rest of the car and it will idle nice, make lots of vacuum and ultimately more power. For mild builds the Engle hydraulic profiles are tough to beat. Chryco and myself have recommended them to several members over the years with excellent results.

Put a post up in the engine section with all the car's particulars for more feedback.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Hey Ron, are the 902 heads on the hardened seat list for sure??  I have a set from a MH, but I forget the year. Block is kind of hard to get to right now...   :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on October 23, 2007, 08:31:23 PM
Hey Ron, are the 902 heads on the hardened seat list for sure??  I have a set from a MH, but I forget the year. Block is kind of hard to get to right now...   :cheers:

Yep, the 902 heads are fine.....1975 only castings for unleaded fuel. Basicly the same intake port as a 452....responds very well to mild porting.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

hemi-hampton

Yeah, Probable the same block Structually, the only differance would be be 2 little #'s stamped into the block like H P.  NO, H P stamp will not make you go faster or block stronger but I like to see a HP block in a car that should have a HP Block. Sounds like you got the C-Body Polara, Fury, Imperial, Newport motor. For me this is a turn off but yeah, I know, most people could care less hp or no hp, who cares. :scratchchin: LEON.

69_500

This is just a side note, but I noticed that in the most recent photo of your engine comparment, that the master cylinder is no longer painted black. But it was in the for sale ad on ebay? Did you strip the paint off of it? No big deal, unless you want it to appear origional. They were painted black from the factory, all of the master cylinder.

472 R/T SE

He mentioned in one of his threads that the brake pedal went to the floor.  I can only assume that's why there's an unpainted mc from replacement.  One of my pet peeves with factory correct restos.  ;) 

1969chargerrtse

Boy you boys don't miss a thing.  Yes, failing brakes was one of the problems.  I spent 5 hours on a Saturday trying to locate a master cyl.  Finally found a place that had 3.  That sucker cost me 14.00!  I think I have pictures of Chris's Charger from a recent listing of someone looking for engine compartment wiring, I noticed his was black.. I will take it off an paint it this winter during my motor rebuild session.    Thanks for your advise guys.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

A34

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 25, 2007, 01:32:11 PM
Well, who would of thought :icon_smile_question:  The seller of my Charger actually returned 2,000.00 towards my rebuilding of a more original motor. :2thumbs:  As others have said, I am lucky, and I appreciate it big time.  Let the rebuilding begin.

Well, that's pretty impressive to me. At least it will put a dent in the rebuild.  :2thumbs:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

:2thumbs: things like that help reinforce the fact that there are some decent people still out there! now go build a new monster for that unit!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 25, 2007, 02:54:10 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 25, 2007, 02:47:41 PM
  awesome  man  i never figured you would see a dime 

Thanks, me neither, I can't tell you how depressed I was.  Here sat my dream car, with the engine on the garage floor and no funds to fix it.  I paid 500.00 for my buddies block and someone goes and list a HP block on ebay :eek2:  Ya just can't win.   I'm glad the block is the same month as my car, but you know how many " Is it a HP block" questions I'm gonna hear in my life time?

Who cares its meaningless since its not #'s matching anyway.  The HP designation does not mean the block is better....just a designation of different internals at the time.  You will be making your engine HHP any way......(higher high performance)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

I'm glad the block is the same month as my car, but you know how many " Is it a HP block" questions I'm gonna hear in my life time?

I'm going to guess somewhere between 0 and 2.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on October 25, 2007, 05:13:41 PM
I'm glad the block is the same month as my car, but you know how many " Is it a HP block" questions I'm gonna hear in my life time?

Ya think?  well, were down one.  The only one time I took it out to a cruise night, within 5 mins I had someone sticking their head over the block looking for ..... HP.  Just my luck.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 25, 2007, 05:17:08 PM

Ya think?  well, were down one.  The only one time I took it out to a cruise night, within 5 mins I had someone sticking their head over the block looking for ..... HP.  Just my luck.

Sounds like that would have been a good time to slam the hood shut. :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on October 25, 2007, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 25, 2007, 05:17:08 PM

Sounds like that would have been a good time to slam the hood shut. :yesnod:
You :iagree: be funny!

Steve P.

Most are looking for the 440 /426 pad. If it bothers you that much you can allways buy the 2 letter stamps and make it an HP...  It has NOT and will NOT EVER bother me.. If you see a car that has EVERY SINGLE NUT AND BOLT in it from the factory it was in a time capsule..

I take it back. I would care if it was a COMPLETELY FACTORY SLANT 6. Better yet, slant 6 with a 3 on the tree....  Other than that, build it and drive it like you stole it....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Steve P. on October 25, 2007, 06:57:06 PM
Most are looking for the 440 /426 pad. If it bothers you that much you can allways buy the 2 letter stamps and make it an HP...  It has NOT and will NOT EVER bother me.. If you see a car that has EVERY SINGLE NUT AND BOLT in it from the factory it was in a time capsule..

I take it back. I would care if it was a COMPLETELY FACTORY SLANT 6. Better yet, slant 6 with a 3 on the tree....  Other than that, build it and drive it like you stole it....

I'm cool.  I'll be thrilled to just have this thing back on the road. 

firefighter3931

Cool deal on the refund....that is very descent of the seller.  :2thumbs:

As for the HP block....don't sweat it man. The engine in my avatar pic is a non HP block but it made 540hp on the dyno.  ;)

Or like Steve said....put a stamp on the pad if it bugs ya that much.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Charger-Bodie

hang in there man whats done is done , hope the check goes thru without problem and keep moving forward ! at some point the fun will overshadow the crap you went thru to get there! :cheers: heres a beer !
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

You will be ok. I wouldn't worry about what anyone thinks. You got a nice car and if you did pay too much it won't be long before it goes up in value.  Yeah have a drink on me too  :cheers:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

I think he should have been more understanding. Also he could get his hand slapped by ebay for saying he would stop payment if you didn't clear his good name...

This is a pet peeve of mine with ebay. Feedback is a total sham.... 

More beer and I'm gonna have one too...  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Steve P. on October 26, 2007, 06:22:17 PM
I think he should have been more understanding. Also he could get his hand slapped by ebay for saying he would stop payment if you didn't clear his good name...

This is a pet peeve of mine with ebay. Feedback is a total sham.... 

More beer and I'm gonna have one too...  :cheers:
Thanks guys, but I got to tell you, It was the ebay thing that got this whole thing rolling.  What were my options had he said, for 2 grand, give me a negative feedback.  It really bothered him, he mentioned several times how he had over 300 good feedback and didn't want it ruined.  I have one negative. Yep, a woman didn't pay me, I left her a negative and she gave one back.  I didn't know at the time about disputes.   Stuck with it forever  :eek2:

Steve P.

That is exactly what I am talking about... He should have waited for the check to clear. No question. After that he could have his good name...

Hell, I keep getting flagged by some a-hole on Craigs List.. Nothing I can do about it....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida