News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Bench seat removal...

Started by limey, November 11, 2007, 12:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limey

Hey, sounds like a daft question, but any tips on getting the back seat out of my charger? Or pictures from a parts catalogue of where the latches are? I have half removed it, but it seems stuck on the top right hand side.I don't want to just force it - I am generally clumsy, and tend to break things when I force them! :o
Cheers folks. ;)
Nick
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Ghoste

The bottom section should come by forcing it down and back, it is held in with a couple of hooks near the front.  The back portion should come off by forcing it up first.  I'll try and scan the fsm for you but it isn't much detailed more than that.

limey

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

440charger68

My rear seats were a pain in the ass to remove, the bottom portion of the seats you must push it back then lift up, it will release it from the hooks. And the last part of the seats you push down from the top relasing the hooks from the bottom, and you pull the bottom out from the hooks, then you push up with the bottom part away from the hooks so they dont catch, and that will release the back section of the seats. Hope you understand this. Make sure you take out one or both of your rear armrests, i tore my panel because my rear armrest were in the way.
life's a garden, dig it.

Ghoste

Does this help?  Ignore the fact that it says "except Charger", that portion of test is leftover from when the manual was for the fastback Chargers which had a totally different rear seat arrangement.

limey

continuing on the same theme, does anyone know where you can get new covers/foam for the rear bench? I can find stuff for the front seats, but never any mention of the rears... :icon_smile_question:

The previous owner of mine lovingly glued fake leather material over the whole rear bench, and I'm sick of it..

Ghoste

I know you can get the covers from any of the usual suppliers but I think you will need to get a little more creative to replace the foam.