News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WAY randon, but whos done Creatine?

Started by Harlow, October 18, 2007, 08:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

A lot of friends are starting it and I'm thinking about starting. Anyone done it?

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mean 318

I had to take a fire fighter fitness class in school and the way I here it the cost doesn't justify theresults. Its more in regular work outs and balanced meals!

68chrgrwife

hubby took it a while back and now his thighs are thick as tree trunks.....(he ran a lot).....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Mean 318

Oh yeah... and limit the booze! But since you arent legal I am sure you dont drink  :rofl:

mikesbbody

i use to be a powerlifting champion, it works for some people and for others it does nothing...the key is not to stay on it ALL the time some guys hold lot of fluid when using it. best advice try  it and see if it works for you good luck  :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

I didnt like it...     I used a little (4 weeks back in HS football) and saw very limited results (weight gain but no real stregnth gain)...     I then went back to a noraml crappy diet for a month...       then i started a nice balanced diet (600 calories of all the right stuff) with the same workouts and bam!  4 weeks later I had lost 27lbs and went up 50lbs in my bench, 135lbs on my squat, and 25lbs on my curling...           

Your body is a machine...    all you need to do is find out what YOUR body needs to function...     my 600 calorie diet is not something i reccomend as it is not considered healthy..    I lost 27lbs because I am a bigger guy...     if you're small to begin with just dont do it...       
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

70charger_boy

I took it and I swear by the results.  The way that I take it is I put the scoop right on my tongue, then drink some grape juice or orange juice.
Don't forget that there is a loading phase when you first start.

While you're at it you should take some andro and dyabol

Arthu®

First of all not that I judge the intelligence of any of the guys on here, but it is not the best place to ask. I have never done it, but have had friends who did. It's something that can work for you. You have to do it with a diet though, don't take it all the time. Have periods on it and off it. Creatine is a acid that you produce in your body to supply energy to your muscles and nerves. Creatine supplements were invented for muscular diseases, in order for them to create more strenght. The problem with taking creatine when you are healthy is that your body (if you don't stop on a regular basis (say 4 weeks on 4 weeks off) that your body will stop creating it, so you basically become dependant on it. If you would stop after a long time this would mean that for a while your body won't produce any creatine at all, therefore not supplying the muscles with energy, logical result is lost of muscle. Creatine does also make you hold fluids like mikesbbody said, that is why a lot of people see results in weight gain and looks, but not in strenght. The fluid that is held in the muscles makes them look bigger (can be a plus if that is what you are looking for, I can tell you though it looks different then someone that actually has the muscles).

A more natural way to raise the level of Creatine in your body is by using a lot of fresh meat and fish since about half of the creatine in your body is created from food. But like I said, I'm not an expert in any way, neither are most guys that replied in this thread I believe. Try to see a sport dietist or someone else that has actually studied this and the reactions to. Good luck with whatever you are training for though.
Striving for world domination since 1986

mikesbbody

arthurs response is great it sums it up right there. just be aware of what you are doing and talk to as many people as you can. 70 charger swears by it, yet rolling thunder say's it did nothing for him myself? somewhere in the middle (sometimes great results, other times nothing) back then i would take just about anything to help me lift more (but for the record NEVER any steroids) so yeah, it affects different people in different ways Im sure its alot better now than when i used it. when loading i once had the stuff go "straight through" me if you know what i mean  :smilielol: i had to rush to the toilet!  :smilielol: and dont stay on it too long.

70charger_boy

Quote from: mikesbbody on October 19, 2007, 03:29:32 AM
when loading i once had the stuff go "straight through" me if you know what i mean  :smilielol: i had to rush to the toilet!  :smilielol: and dont stay on it too long.

I had the same effect if I mixed my Protein Shakes with Milk