News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr Norm's Hemi Dart for 2007

Started by 71ChallengeHer, October 18, 2007, 08:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Troy

It was at Carlisle or the Nats (or both). Very cool but $$$ ($149,000)! :faint: I'll make my own thank you. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemihead

Like the new Challengers, these will be bought by investor types who don't know one thing about a car.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

70charger_boy

HITMAN 149

seems like the think to do nowadays!!!  ::)
hmmmm  :scratchchin:scoffff up all the old cars & re-do them for over $100K!!! geeee then there will be NONE left for us again!!!!! :flame:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

70charger_boy

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 19, 2007, 02:10:51 AM
seems like the think to do nowadays!!!  ::)
hmmmm  :scratchchin:scoffff up all the old cars & re-do them for over $100K!!! geeee then there will be NONE left for us again!!!!! :flame:

So true.  I made a goal, after I sold my Torino, that I will never sell any of my cars, EVER!!

HITMAN 149

yea.. i hear ya!!!!!!!!
i used to yell at my dad all the time when i was a kid... "why couldn't you have kept this... and why didn't you keep that..ect...ect!!!" :'(
now that i'm old enough and have gone thru like 10 cars i know what's like when he would say... "what i'm supposed to keeeep everrrry car i ever had?? do i look like rockafeller!!!! " LOL!!!!!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Ghoste

I like the cars even though there is no way I can afford one.  The one thing I do wonder is how much input Mr. Norm actually had on the car.  Was the entire program his idea or is he just being used as a promotional tool?

HITMAN 149

HAHAHHA GHOSTE  said TOOL!!!!!!!!!  :hah:
awwwww cmon it's verrry late... or early morn..whichever you prefer!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

70charger_boy

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 19, 2007, 04:06:01 AM
HAHAHHA GHOSTE  said TOOL!!!!!!!!!  :hah:
awwwww cmon it's verrry late... or early morn..whichever you prefer!!!

:smilielol:  At least, he knew what the topic is

Ghoste

HITMAN 149

excellent!!!!!! smithers we have accompliced another one!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Ghoste

So what does everyone think the value of these Resto Mod Darts with a Crate Hemi and a debatable celebrity signature will be worth in 5 to 10 years?  Are they destined to be supercar investments or also rans?

See Darth Vader, you can't be my father...

HITMAN 149

:shruggy:????
i'm on the fence about it??? tough to say!??!? i mean it's a REAL nice car..with all the modern technology, but like someone else said in another post..... for 1/3 of the price you could go out & get a Z06 vette that would beat the balllls off almost anything out there!!!
i would say..if they (all the guys who are $uper resto/modding all the older cars) keep this up there's gonna be less..and less..original one's out there!?!?! so what does that do for the guys who have an original?? and also for people looking for parts!?!?!? hmmmmmmmm :scratchchin:
some fooooood (or popcorn) for thought????
:popcrn:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Troy on October 18, 2007, 08:58:27 PM
It was at Carlisle or the Nats (or both). Very cool but $$$ ($149,000)! :faint: I'll make my own thank you. ;)

Troy

It's still available after almost a year.    You're not the only one that thinks it's too much $$$$. 
Nice idea but I don't know anybody that would pony up that kinda cash for a A body restoclone.   An original Hemi Dart is another deal.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Lowprofile

Its nice, but not $149,000 nice. :rotz: I don't love any car that much.  :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

70charger_boy

Quote from: Ghoste on October 19, 2007, 04:18:41 AM
So what does everyone think the value of these Resto Mod Darts with a Crate Hemi and a debatable celebrity signature will be worth in 5 to 10 years?  Are they destined to be supercar investments or also rans?

See Darth Vader, you can't be my father...

This is my take on it...It is safe to say that we all, as a collective group, on dc.com know values of cars.  With that being said, how many of your co-workers know, or even care enough about the hobby?  Also, how many more are there willing to learn and collect and restore cars, such as us?  Over the years, through word of mouth, the hobby IMHO will grow.  As the demand grows the supply will be low.  Natural progression will take over.  This translates to everything becoming expensive.

Back to the question, What would be the value of the resto mod with a crate hemi?

Hemi motors are already going for upwards of 15 grand.  I believe that the sky is the limit if you have a high demand.  Eventually, the hemi cars will not be obtainable to the average Joe who makes an average salary.  I feel that a resto mod hemi car will be up there with the Wing Cars

C_stripes

I think the car looks allright, But they defiantly could have spent more time on how the rear wheel opening looks.  I think it looks like shit.  It does not fit the rest of the car. I like the orig opening better. There was a nice black one in MCG a few months back. I would pay 150K for that one WAY before I would on this one.  But. For 150K, I would find a 70 HEMI Bee, Screw the A-body.  lol
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.