News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440/4-Speed Problem

Started by 440fan, October 18, 2007, 12:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440fan

I tried replacing the tranny mount and could not get the old one off. I slightly lifted up the tranny and removed the bottom mount screw and upper two bolts. I even removed the 4 bolts/bracket holding the lower mount in place(only was able to lower bracket an inch, could not remove) and did not have enough room to remove the mount. The exhaust was in the way and the only way to get enough room to remove mount will be by removing/lowering  the exhaust. PITA!!! I will let my mechanic deal with it next week. DONE...

MOPARHOUND!

Let us know how it turns out.   :popcrn:

Gremlins are never fun.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

440fan

Had the engine/tranny mounts installed this morning and WHAT a difference. Engine and tranny sounds/vibration are non-existent and all I now hear is the loud growling coming out of the exhaust. I love it! Oh yea...

Steve P.

Glad to NOT hear it..  ;) The rumble of the exhaust is a good thing. The other was not....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

440fan

All you guys are GREAT, thanks for your help. Fantastic forum...

firefighter3931

Quote from: 440fan on November 09, 2007, 02:47:57 PM
Had the engine/tranny mounts installed this morning and WHAT a difference. Engine and tranny sounds/vibration are non-existent and all I now hear is the loud growling coming out of the exhaust. I love it! Oh yea...

Excellent....that is great news.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...