News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brits even like the charger..gotta love top gear

Started by miller, October 17, 2007, 10:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

richard hammond loves american muscle... well who couldnt like the charger!

one of my favorite shows, the way they capture the cars is stunning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V4UvTvCQ-Y

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

trev0006

Dodge video collection

mikesbbody

Quote from: miller on October 17, 2007, 10:40:15 PM
richard hammond loves american muscle... well who couldnt like the charger!

one of my favorite shows, the way they capture the cars is stunning

I know one of them likes the charger, the other the challenger the tall dorky looking one did a dvd where he basically talked crap about all american cars. "loves american muscle"...maybe not but at least they blew the crap out of a hybrid car

twenty mike mike

Funny!

He did a much better job than that little wanker who tested the Hummer in Death Valley, who spent most of the time criticizing the U.S. for building gas hogs, yet flooring it every chance he got. And of course the little sh#t just loved the McClaren and the Aston Martin, which don't get any better mileage than the Hummer.

HITMAN 149

someone else posted that a while ago???.... cool video though!!!
miller....
i like the way your car looks (stance wise in that pic) even though it's a franken-charger!!! LOL!!! i actually dig the paint too... looks nice n clean!!! great job bro!!!!!! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Charger_Croatia

That's great video. Miller said "who wouldn't like the charger" and I would say "Who wouldn't WANT a charger"!?
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

BrianShaughnessy

FYI:  This video has been making laps around for several years now.    I do realize it's new to the newbies.   

Quote32 Series 4 Episode 3 23 May 2004 Jordan
Main review: Cars for track days, Porsche 911 GT3 RS versus Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale. Both cars are heavily stripped down with minimal amenities. Clarkson remarks that the Porsche is very plain, while the Ferrari is very complex, and finds the Ferrari is the more astonishing track car. Both cars scored a Power Lap time of 1:22.3 in the hands of the Stig.

Review: Richard Hammond reviews a 1968 Dodge Charger 440 R/T and was tempted to buy one, but found out it won't fit in his garage. Jeremy promptly tells Hammond that the Charger is rubbish and the Dodge Challenger is the right Dodge muscle car to buy.

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car: Jordan, 1:52

Challenge: The presenters are asked to buy road-legal cars for less than £100. Clarkson buys a Volvo 760 (2.8 V6 GLE), May an Audi 80 1.8E and Hammond a Rover 416GTi

source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_episodes
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

JMF

I'm English and what he explains about the garage is the exact reason I had to sell my Charger, most of our garages over here are 16 X 8 and obviously the Charger is over 17ft long, here's my old one

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

JMF

I still live at home and my Dad has 2 of his cars in the garage already so I was left with renting, garages big enough for the Charger rarely come up for rent and when they do they are way too expensive, it seemed ashame to leave outside like I was doing in our climate as the body was in real good solid condition, I will get another one some day though

miller

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 18, 2007, 06:35:46 AM

FYI:  This video has been making laps around for several years now.    I do realize it's new to the newbies.   

Quote32 Series 4 Episode 3 23 May 2004 Jordan
Main review: Cars for track days, Porsche 911 GT3 RS versus Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale. Both cars are heavily stripped down with minimal amenities. Clarkson remarks that the Porsche is very plain, while the Ferrari is very complex, and finds the Ferrari is the more astonishing track car. Both cars scored a Power Lap time of 1:22.3 in the hands of the Stig.

Review: Richard Hammond reviews a 1968 Dodge Charger 440 R/T and was tempted to buy one, but found out it won't fit in his garage. Jeremy promptly tells Hammond that the Charger is rubbish and the Dodge Challenger is the right Dodge muscle car to buy.

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car: Jordan, 1:52

Challenge: The presenters are asked to buy road-legal cars for less than £100. Clarkson buys a Volvo 760 (2.8 V6 GLE), May an Audi 80 1.8E and Hammond a Rover 416GTi

source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_episodes

yes i figured it has... ive known about it for over a year and it just occured to me that maybe the guys at dodgecharger.com would like to see it... im still glad somepeople got to see it for the first time

miller

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 18, 2007, 12:21:20 AM
someone else posted that a while ago???.... cool video though!!!
miller....
i like the way your car looks (stance wise in that pic) even though it's a franken-charger!!! LOL!!! i actually dig the paint too... looks nice n clean!!! great job bro!!!!!! :2thumbs:

thanks man.. as for the stance... it changes just about every day, the air shocks mean i can tweak it to just where i like it, unfortunately they old "older then me most likely" and they will only hold the air for... maybe a day, ive replaced all the lines and it still loses (just not as bad) oh well, I'm to upgrade to the edlebrock shocks!

sorry to hijack my own thread... back to top gear

gordo1968charger

i live in the uk and my garage is tiny,20 x 10,i restored it in the same garage, :2thumbs:
can t understand why loaded mr hammond sold his charger and now has a mustang :scratchchin:
rule no.1 is never ever sell your charger,there like a dog,its a life long commitment,when i m gone my 2 sons will carry the baton
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

moparstuart

do you  UK charger guys have a club  or annual show  ??
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RD

this is the primary difference between brit moparians and american moparians.  brits buy a house hoping to get a decent garage, americans buy/build a garage and hope a house comes with it. :D hehehehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

Quote from: RD on October 18, 2007, 01:01:57 PM
this is the primary difference between brit moparians and american moparians.  brits buy a house hoping to get a decent garage, americans buy/build a garage and hope a house comes with it. :D hehehehehe
:cheers: :2thumbs: :patriot: :iagree:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

JMF

miller

clarkson doesnt hate all american cars... he likes mopars too... well at least this one

there is no other show that i can think of that displays cars this way, its fantastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6eeOoJqyE

451-74Charger

I got my Charger in 1986 (lived in Warwickshire)
I sold it to a guy 2 weeks later because my parents wouldnt let me keep it at their home. something about it not fitting on the driveway ??
Anyway, it went to a guy in Shipton-on-stour and that was the last I saw of it
I even remember the Registration plate was NUK 444K (registered imported in Nuneaton).

Just 6T9 CHGR

I just recently saw his return episode of Top Gear after being in that jet car crash...pretty horrific video of it.  Lucky man to be alive today. 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikesbbody

I dont mind the little guy, (who crashed the jet car) its the other guy i dont like. if i can use a english term he's a real "twat" too bad he wasnt driving the jet car...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

twenty mike mike

Quote from: mikesbbody on October 18, 2007, 09:05:29 PM
I dont mind the little guy, (who crashed the jet car) its the other guy i dont like. if i can use a english term he's a real "twat" too bad he wasnt driving the jet car...

:smilielol: I think the English term you mean is "twit."

Although he might indeed be worthy of the other.  :eek2:

mikesbbody

I have heard both "twit" and "twat" from the english  :smilielol: maybe one of the english members can tell us?

JMF

If you Americans didn't make cars so damn big we wouldn't have the problem of finding a big enough garage.........Just joking : )

HITMAN 149

the biggggger the better!!!!!!!! LOL
yea they were pretty friggin big back then!! not like now!! lil pieces of plastic!!!!!!!! LOL
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

JMF

What were they thinking back then to think the world needed a car this big?

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT