News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new to the forum

Started by mojored, October 17, 2007, 02:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojored

just purchase 2 chargers one's a 70 se rt and the other is a 69 rt one has a 440 the other is a 426  my wife family is from mississippi. so i went alone for the trip for the first time. her uncle had these two cars. so i ask him about them, and ask how much he'll take for them he said what ever i'll give for them. so i gave him $2000 for both of them, both started up with alittle help we got them started.i pull the carpet out of them theirs some rust bu not bad i sprayed one with walmart primer until i can get back to mississippi to get them. my ?  is how dose it cost to get started restoring these car,or do i need to get a body man to look at them   

69bronzeT5

Does the 69 R/T have the Hemi??

$2000 for 2 R/T's!!!! THATS ONE HELL OF A DEAL!!!! :o
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mojored

don't make me lie he told me a 440 and a 426 i'm new at this. my wife other uncle told me those use to be the to badest a$$ cars in the hole county.my problem is how am i going to get them to tampa p.s i can let u know later

Charger-Bodie

you should sell me the one you dont want for what you paid for them both then youres would be free !! good score and welcome to youre new home ,have a seat.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dodgecharger-fan

Amazing deal!!!

As for your question, it all depends on how far you want to take the restoration. That said, running R/T's pretty much call for a full restoration.

A lot depends on how bad things are in terms of rust. If you do things right, and get fair prices on the work, you'd likely be ahead of the game in terms of value versus your investment.
I think a good first step is to have a good body man look them over. Get someone you trust.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: mojored on October 17, 2007, 03:04:54 PM
don't make me lie he told me a 440 and a 426 i'm new at this. my wife other uncle told me those use to be the to badest a$$ cars in the hole county.my problem is how am i going to get them to tampa p.s i can let u know later

Well 68-70 Chargers that have HEMIs are very valueable :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

I'd start by posting pictures of the fender tags here. I noticed the one is a four speed. Is that the one with the 426 or the 440? If you post pictures of the fender tags (located on the driver's side inner fender when you lift up the hood) someone here can decode them and tell you what the cars originally came with engine and transmission wise.

tan top

hello & welcome :cheers: , looks like a couple of awesome project chargers there , would love to see more pictures :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 17, 2007, 03:05:02 PM
you should sell me the one you dont want for what you paid for them both then youres would be free !! good score and welcome to youre new home ,have a seat.

That was ME posting as 1hot68!!!    :icon_smile_big:   :D

Oh, and I'd say the 70 is the 4-speed, judging by the looks of the seats in that picture...

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on October 17, 2007, 03:17:55 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on October 17, 2007, 03:05:02 PM

That was ME posting as 1hot68!!!    :icon_smile_big:   :D

Oh, and I'd say the 70 is the 4-speed, judging by the looks of the seats in that picture...

Tee HEE HEE ! you wish that officially gives me first dips! :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparstuart

and pistol grip also   although that one thing people do change often

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mojored

i'm back, he said one is a hemi the 70 is a mag both has 4 speed, my wife is still pissed gotta go. but i know i'll spend alot of time on here i got more pic on my cell phone being it would'nt up there in them woods the camera came in handy

69charger2002

congrats on winning the lottery
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger-Bodie

69charger2002

that would be SICK. a 69 hemi charger, 4 speed dana 60.. and a 70 R/T SE 440 4 speed dana 60 car.. all practically in my backyard. i won't sleep tonight
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Just 6T9 CHGR

Crikies!  welcome to the site :cheers:

Register those bad boys when you get them!

www.1969chargerregistry.com

www.1970chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

I think we all will agree you scored a GREAT DEAL!!

welcome to the site.

tell your wife you'r now officially wealthy.  :smilielol:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: mojored on October 17, 2007, 03:04:54 PM

Use to be?...............HA!..................they still are! :2thumbs:

BBD

supserdave

Good score. Even if you don't have the money to fix both, you could sell one and have a hell of a down payment on the resto of the other one.

And I'll bid $2500, and you can choose which one to keep! just kidding

Good luck man, and welcome to the club. You'll find the answers to all of your questions here, and most of them are correct :2thumbs:.

greatwn73

Does the green one have a mod top :smilielol:

chargerman68

I bid $3,000. 

Ps let your wife know you are now sitting on about $60,000.  that you only paid $2,000 for.  You lucky bastard!
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

68chrgrwife

Quote from: chargerman68 on October 17, 2007, 08:34:07 PM
I bid $3,000. 

Ps let your wife know you are now sitting on about $60,000.  that you only paid $2,000 for.  You lucky bastard!

I'm prettier than you all, so I get it!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Red Ram

Weird how these rare cars have been popping up lately....
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

The70RT

Quote from: chargerman68 on October 17, 2007, 08:34:07 PM
I bid $3,000. 

A HEMI Charger in some woods......Wow. You need to do your home work. You got more than you think. You could sell the hemi one and that would possibly pay for the other one all done A HEMI Charger is worth $$$. Bothe 4spds....another wow... Oh yeah.....don't tell your uncle to go online here  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RD

i am speechless.... i mean, what do you say to this except, um... this is crazy nuts.  congratulations dude, you just bought a winning lottery ticket,  oh and you might as well buy a real one, because the luck you have right now will net you the powerball numbers with one ticket. :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander