News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seattle, WA...

Started by 69Charger_440, October 15, 2007, 10:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

We moved out of the area about 4 years ago.  Unless there has been a drastic increase in freeway lanes - either take the bus, carpool or plan on sitting in traffic for hours - because there are only two freeways through the area - I-5 and I-405 - that go north/south.  Same options east/west two (2) primary highways, I-90 and SR 520 - unless you want to drive an extra hour or so around Lake Washington.  What finally got to us after 25 years was the gray overcast that lasts from September to April.  Other than that - it is a beautiful place.  There is a reason why it is green up there!!
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

bull

Quote from: OldGuy on October 17, 2007, 09:10:22 PM
We moved out of the area about 4 years ago.  Unless there has been a drastic increase in freeway lanes - either take the bus, carpool or plan on sitting in traffic for hours - because there are only two freeways through the area - I-5 and I-405 - that go north/south.  Same options east/west two (2) primary highways, I-90 and SR 520 - unless you want to drive an extra hour or so around Lake Washington.  What finally got to us after 25 years was the gray overcast that lasts from September to April.  Other than that - it is a beautiful place.  There is a reason why it is green up there!!

Yea, the traffiic in the Seattle area is horrific. Me and the family went to Canada a few months ago and it took us about two hours in stop and go traffic to get from Tacoma to Everett. I think the leg from Portland to Tacoma was quicker than Tacoma to Everett. :brickwall:

8WHEELER

Quote from: OldGuy on October 17, 2007, 09:10:22 PM

Common Carl, the traffic is not bad at all   :scratchchin:  never mind, its much worse than when you were here  :brickwall:

They are spending 10yrs trying to fix the 520 problem, and if and when its every improved, it will be out dated before
its finished, same thing happens with every road way project around here.........  and I worked for a company that
built bridges in the north west, but I just drove the Semi   :icon_smile_cool:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

A383Wing

To all you guys bitchin' about the rain....ya'all ain't that sweet...YA WON'T MELT!  :nana:

Bryan  (get told that all the time)

8WHEELER

Hey, I can swim ''kind of'' and my wipers all work, perfect for this area   :2thumbs:   :nana:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Rack

C'mon, Fernando, it was only like 102 degrees the other day. It's not THAT bad.

:icon_smile_dissapprove:

I was gonna take the charger out and start sanding the engine bay but it was way too freakin' hot. The nights are getting nicer though.

Hey Fernando, are you stationed at Laredo North, West, or South?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 20, 2007, 01:59:20 AM
Hey, I can swim ''kind of'' and my wipers all work, perfect for this area   :2thumbs:   :nana:

Dan

All you guys need is a sail and you wouldn't even have to fire up a rig.  We had wind warnings for yesterday, forecasted sustained 45 mph winds but nothing.  It's that time of year when Mother Nature kicks up the winds to clean the leaves off the trees.

A383Wing

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 20, 2007, 01:59:20 AM
Hey, I can swim ''kind of'' .......   :2thumbs:   :nana:

Dan

Thought ya "floated"   :nana:

Bryan

sixpack70

I miss the northwest, to me the weather is unbeatable because it is so mild. Living in El Paso we have these seasons: Freezing cold for two weeks, then Hot, hotter, hot like hell, and hotter than hell. Worse in AZ which I don't like that much. El Paso is sun all the time and I get sick of it. I like overcast days so I can see without sunglasses.

I drove my 69 mustang in the rain or whatever because they don't salt the roads. So my car didn't rust. Housing is expensive as hell as was said earlier. My house I currently live in was 1700 square feet and 118k. (Now more like 175k to sell) I looked at lots on a hill near my parents house in Springfield, OR and they were 80k for just a lot. With a house was 300k-500k. The trees and outdoor opportunities are incredible!

If I retire from the Army in 15 more years then I'm heading back. If I get out in 4 more then I'm definitely heading back to Oregon or Washington!
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

70charger_boy

Jimi Hendrix is buried in Greenwood Memorial Park, Renton, Washington.  I would love to visit

Headrope

Bruce Lee is burried in Seattle too.

I live south of King County, in Pierce County. I purchased an 1800 square foot home on a 1/4 acre for $160,000 six years ago. It's assessed value, according to the county, is now more than $250,000. It's crazy.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

PocketThunder

I'm stuck in Minnesota and i dont know why.  Last night i was talking to a lady at the park who just moved back from Seattle. i asked her why?  she said, oh family and friends..  Aren't you guys friendly out there?  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TK73

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 23, 2007, 10:52:00 AM
I'm stuck in Minnesota and i dont know why.  Last night i was talking to a lady at the park who just moved back from Seattle. i asked her why?  she said, oh family and friends..  Aren't you guys friendly out there?  :icon_smile_big:

F@$# NO... Maxim rated Seattle 6th toughest city in the US...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

SeattleCharger

Heh, this thread is funny.     The gorgeous short summer, awesome fall time, spring is off and on rainy and sunny, winter is long and grey and moderate.   It rarely ever pours, just drizzle and showers a lot,  no humidity in summer, even on a eighties day, is cool at night, but not cold like dessert climate.  No mosquitos is nice.  No salt on roads to rust up cars is nice.  If you like snow there is plenty of snow in cascades, drive thirty minutes from Seattle to mountain pass, maybe a little farther,  the house market has gone way up in last ten years, everyone seems to be moving here,  that sucks as I have not managed to buy a house.  People that owned them ten years ago or longer are sitting sweet right now.
    Seems like most people I know always say they wouldn't want to live anywhere else.   I think people are friendlier other places though, I have lived around midwest, friendlier.   There is less crime here, nothing like detroit or whatever,  lots of different ethnicities, people get along pretty well here,  at least visit for a while if you can,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

A383Wing