News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lower back tattoos may not be good for women

Started by TruckDriver, October 21, 2007, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I do not like them anyway. I'm glad neither does my girlfriend. I heard Alice Cooper mention this on his radio show tonight. The story he read apperantly said ink can show up in the baby's blood too.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1108868228321_35/?hub=CTVNewsAt11
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charginglizard

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on October 21, 2007, 09:11:01 PM
I do not like them anyway. I'm glad neither does my girlfriend. I heard Alice Cooper mention this on his radio show tonight. The story he read apperantly said ink can show up in the baby's blood too.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1108868228321_35/?hub=CTVNewsAt11

Thats no big deal. The tatoo artists just need to tatoo a big circle around that area where the epidural is done Leave that area un-inked and Tatto the words around it on the outside of the circle..."INSERT EPIDURAL NEEDLE HERE" lol

Tatoo's rock girls. Don't let something like this scare you away.  :D
70charginglizard

Orange_Crush

Of course...if you don't get an epidural you got nothing to worry about.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

bull

Quote from: Orange_Crush on October 21, 2007, 10:09:12 PM
Of course...if you don't get an epidural you got nothing to worry about.

Hey, there's some logic. :2thumbs:

My wife is tough: 2 babies, 0 epidurals.

HITMAN 149

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Lowprofile

Don't fear the "Tramp Stamp" :D

From Jezebel.com........

Can a woman with a lower-back tattoo receive an epidural? In a word, yes. But somehow, year after year, the issue around ink and spinal injection keeps coming back. Today there's an article in The Wall Street Journal, which references a report from 2002 in which two Canadian anesthesiologists questioned whether administering an epidural through a tattoo was risky. The study consisted of only three women, and, not surprisingly, there wasn't enough evidence to form a conclusion. (Since then, many doctors have been quoted as saying that unless the tattoo is brand new, the ink would be "inert" and the wound healed, posing no risk.)

Still, the rumor keeps coming back. According to the Journal, a story on the topic of tattoos and epidurals appeared in Pregnancy magazine in July. And last year, the tattoo-culture blog Needled posted a link to a Snopes item about the "urban legend" of women with lower back tattoos being denied epidurals. The Snopes author, Barbara Mikkelson, likened the rumor to Garden of Eden drama: Eve's penalty for leading Adam astray. Even though the issue has been proven time after time to be a non-issue, why won't this rumor go away? Is it a psychic punishment for women who dare to get inked in a "sexy" way? Do the women themselves feel guilty about having a "tramp stamp"? And why isn't the truth getting out?
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

I don't know if Janine is a real good poster girl for motherhood. Tats, yes, but probably not motherhood.

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

HITMAN 149

damn she's got some nice work!!!

BUT do you know what the difference is between "TATTOOed people and NON TATTOOED people????.....
TATTOOED people DON'T care that your NOT TATTOOED!!!!!!!!!"
(when was the last time you heard someone with ink..walk past someone w/out ink and say.. "ewwwww ..he/she's not tattooed!?!?!?"

it's just as BAD a stereotype as anything else!!! RACE/ethnicity.....a biker...a gearhead/ greaser... a punk rocker(cody :nana:J/K)...ect..ect or anything else!!!
i have (11 & counting.. far from done!!!) tattoos (oh yea and 3 earrings in my ear!!) ... i was a United States Marine,......i worked on Wall St in NYC for 9 yrs( I was the 1st one in the AM & the last to leave almost every night),.... now i'm a  :police:, and yes my tattoo's show depending on the clothes i wear... but that doesn't change the type of person i am, or anybody else just caue of some ink in my/our skin!!!

sorry BULL.. but i don't think she's any less of a mother, just cause she's got more (and nicer ink) tattoo's than me (for now anyways!!! LOL).
just like i'm prob one of the nicest guys on my job.... i'd be more apt to let someone go w/ a warning,( as long as they don't have a scumbag attitude!!! LOL, and even then i still suck it up and show them i'm the bigger person!!!)  than 99% of the other guys i work with!!!!!
just like i'm sure when you... and alot of other guys were younger... they used to hear it, about the kind of music we listened too, or... how long our hair was.. from the older people!!!
Just something to think about!!!
:cheers:
-JOHN   :icon_smile_cool:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

nh_mopar_fan

Nothing says "open for business" like a lower back tattoo.

hemihead

The Tramp Stamp just gives you something to look at when ....  :icon_smile_tongue:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

RD

tramp stamp is akin to "... like to check you for ticks" Brad Paisley mentions the tramp stamp in that song... smart man.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 22, 2007, 01:43:27 PM
sorry BULL.. but i don't think she's any less of a mother, just cause she's got more (and nicer ink) tattoo's than me (for now anyways!!! LOL).

Well, the ink is not my reason for saying she's probably not the ideal poster girl for motherhood. And she's not the only celebrity I'd place in that category either.

HITMAN 149

Quote from: bull on October 22, 2007, 09:21:23 PM

Well, the ink is not my reason for saying she's probably not the ideal poster girl for motherhood. And she's not the only celebrity I'd place in that category either.

yea,... well we all know being a celebrity doesn't give you a free pass for being a great parent!!!!!! LOL!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bull

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 23, 2007, 01:17:18 AM
Quote from: bull on October 22, 2007, 09:21:23 PM

yea,... well we all know being a celebrity doesn't give you a free pass for being a great parent!!!!!! LOL!!!

Amen.

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT