News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 20, 2011, 09:37:02 PM
I know I'll get flames on this.....so here it goes.

V21 looked best on the 1970 R/T with the big 440 letters. :icon_smile_wink:

Thank you, I was feeling alone.  I agree.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: aussiemuscle on April 20, 2011, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 27, 2011, 07:25:22 AM
...   That's what I told myself, life is short go enjoy the car. Besides, at 55 I'll be long gone before this garage stored, AirChamber controlled, limited used car ever rots out. Life is short, enjoy it!!!
A very good philosophy you have! your car is certainly something worth enjoying.
Ha ha.  Thanks.  I just came back from getting a coffee before work.  As I was walking to my car a guy said to me " at least you have your priorities right ".  Ran home parked it, hooked up the battery tender, zipped up the AirChamber flaps and off to work I go.  Made my morning, and probably some others that got to see that rolling beauty on the road.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 21, 2011, 06:19:19 AM

True, the call-outs do make the V21 even cooler  :yesnod:, if it wasn't for that giant ring of tin around the grille that killed it all.  :P
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 21, 2011, 07:09:43 AM

True, the call-outs do make the V21 even cooler  :yesnod:, if it wasn't for that giant ring of tin around the grille that killed it all.  :P

Tee hee ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Besides, the 69 hood treatment was way cooler. The 70 style just goes straight back . The 69 one lays out way cooler and doesnt look as much like an afterthought. IMO
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

DAY CLONA

It's even more impressive with HEMI callouts

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 11, 2011, 07:23:37 PM
Missed that part....silly me :slap:

Curious to hear later on if you have the same problem as me....letting the car sit for 3 or 4 days the bowls go dry...supposedly "inherent" to the Carters....fuel boil off
May be having that issue you were asking about. Think the bowl was low?  Took a bit of cranking to fire it up this morning.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 21, 2011, 01:12:50 PM
Yup....what I am talking about :rotz:
What I don't understand is why didn't the other carb which is the same style not do that?  And did theses cars do this originally?  Find that hard to believe.  Any original cars on the site do that?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 21, 2011, 05:21:23 PM
What I don't understand is why didn't the other carb which is the same style not do that?  And did theses cars do this originally?  Find that hard to believe.  Any original cars on the site do that?

The good gas that they had back in the day didnt boil as easily.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 21, 2011, 06:41:10 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 21, 2011, 05:21:23 PM
What I don't understand is why didn't the other carb which is the same style not do that?  And did theses cars do this originally?  Find that hard to believe.  Any original cars on the site do that?

The good gas that they had back in the day didnt boil as easily.
AAaaaah.  Makes sense.  Maybe the Edelbrock has a thicker base?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Not sure if its "boiling" so much....rather evaporating or draining back quicker than my Holley did
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

I met up with my friend that has the 72 GTO conv.  I came up with the idea we swap rides so we could see what our cars look like cruising down the road.  I would of gotten a nice picture of my car if he didn't leave the right signal on.  Every shot I took has the lamp on.  ::)

Charger-Bodie

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on May 01, 2011, 06:34:04 PM
Aren't your cancelers working?
Yeah they work fine but he would put them on in areas of blending off the highway via the ramp, not real sharp turns etc.....  I took 4 pictures and all 4 caught the flash.  ;)
What I did get out of this is learning how beautiful my car is while following it,  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Found this in my phone today, kinda cool Muscle cars shot.  Both our cars are Hugger orange.  Yes, my Mopar was painted GM's Huggar orange instead of Hemi Orange. ::)  What were they thinking?

richRTSE

1969chargerrtse

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TUFCAT

I'd have a woody if I saw your Charger on the road with an orange GTO Convertible following it!  :drool5:

1969chargerrtse

Thanks, I get that just walking to my car.  That's why I always post pictures.  Just looking at it from any angle makes me  :drool5:

1969chargerrtse

Here's a sad site.  A Dodge in front of a closed Dodge dealership.   :'(

TUFCAT

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 07, 2011, 08:31:22 PM
I HATE THE SITE OF CLOSED DEALERSHIPS :'(
It truley is sad.  I felt like someone late to the party when I drove up there.

1969chargerrtse