News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargergirl

Thanks for the link, and oh yea I'm married, but to a wonderful paitent woman.  In fact I yelled at her this evening for supporting me.

[/quote]
Yeah...what is that when we support what's happening and give you solace :pity:...the chick becomes fair game and at fault somehow because of our understanding?  :slap:
Trust your Woobie!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargergirl on May 14, 2010, 03:27:58 PM
Thanks for the link, and oh yea I'm married, but to a wonderful paitent woman.  In fact I yelled at her this evening for supporting me.

Yeah...what is that when we support what's happening and give you solace :pity:...the chick becomes fair game and at fault somehow because of our understanding?  :slap:
[/quote]You know I was kidding, right?  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Haven't posted in awhile. All has been well.  I drive the Charger as much as I can.  I'm happy to report the rear main seal leak is still drip free.  One picture is my buddy and I on a coffee run.  He's retired, we meet with the cars and have guy talk  every week or so.  He's been into cars like myself as far back as we can remember, in fact that's how we met.  I used to have muscle cars in my driveway, and one day he stopped in to introduce himself and we have been friends since ( over 20 years ).  In fact he got me into the elevator business. :2thumbs: And :slap: then he retires .
The other shot is the charger and I at a birthday party.  I love how the car stands out among the new and bland.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

Its great to see that you've been out driving this year!! I would love to be doing the same if I wasn't so busy. :-\

I called and took the "storage only" insurance off mine about a month ago, but still haven't pulled it out of the garage. :'(

You're my inspiration dude....and Dunkin Donuts isn't that far away...Great idea!!  It WILL happen ;)

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 24, 2010, 03:46:09 PM
Its great to see that you've been out driving this year!! I would love to be doing the same if I wasn't so busy. :-\

I called and took the "storage only" insurance off mine about a month ago, but still haven't pulled it out of the garage. :'(

You're my inspiration dude....and Dunkin Donuts isn't that far away...Great idea!!  It WILL happen ;)
Most people I meet say " Man I see you all over, you drive that car alot " and my response is, you can't take it with you.  It won't do me any good just sitting in the garage.  Then I throw in the " just trying to beautify the roads " comment.  My wife always has some errands to run.  That's when I raise my hand and say.  " I'll do it, I'll take the charger out for a ride ".  I  get up at 6 am every morning for work, so on the weekends I get up at 6 while the rest of the family is in their coma state and make my coffee run.  I usually, grab a coffee, pull in that spot in the picture, flip on the am radio and listen to New york news.  Most times someone pulls along side me and we talk cars.  Then I bring her home and do the weekend chores, which normally involves pulling the charger out and running errands.
Bottom line.  You only live once, get that car out there with you in the driver seat.  :icon_smile_big:
I still think of you everytime I glance at the amp/volt gauge.  I hope that regulator last a long time.
You know what is odd.  I always thought the Charger was a huge car.  It almost looks like a hotwheel car compared to the SUV monsters in the picture.

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

lexxman

Yor right the car does stand out.I like to look at your car,because it's what mine will look like when finished.This time next year I'm hoping. ;D

1969chargerrtse

1969chargerrtse

Took the ole car out to run an errand this evening and met about 6 young kids.  It was great to have them think the car looked cool and ask me a bunch of silly questions.  Point being, I grew up with this type of car, it's cool to me, but to see such a young generation think it is still cool after all those years is real flattering.

lexxman

That's because it is so cool. I get alot if the same. :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Get those Chargers out there and on the road.  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Sounds very interesting :2thumbs: Can you make a video of the waxing? I always wanted to learn how to do that. :lol:

Per

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 08, 2010, 10:54:40 AM
Sounds very interesting :2thumbs: Can you make a video of the waxing? I always wanted to learn how to do that. :lol:

Per
What?  :shruggy: What's the heat getting to you? :D

Belgium R/T -68

Just teasing you Rob, love when people are busy with their cars. :2thumbs:

Per

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 08, 2010, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 08, 2010, 10:54:40 AM

Per
What?  :shruggy: What's the heat getting to you? :D

He probably saw your post where you said you were going to wax it and you showed a pic o it from the front with the deck lid open.......Then you deleted it and/or changed it and deleted the pic. Why did you?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

What a party pooper you are. :rotz:  Was just Having a little fun. :icon_smile_wink:

1969chargerrtse

Belgium R/T -68

Actually I have to wax/polish my car everytime I wash it because the water leaves those white stains from kalk (swedish). :eek2:

Per

nvrbdn

i buy my dream car years ago cuz i sold my highschool charger when i was in the service. got a 70 charger rescued from the drag strip wanting to go back to a street car. im not fast, and 12 years later im getting close. ive been a mopar nut since i could remember. when i got my motor from the shop, it wouldnt run,overheat, ping like crazy. found a timing chain that was stretched. trans shifter rod froze on me,every time i would get into a job, im missing one important piece to keep me going. ok, there is some poor planning on my part, some bad service from other people, but i wouldnt trade my 70 charger for anything. i relax by working on my car.wouldnt trade her for a done ford or chevy. and if all goes well she will finally make a show at monster mopar. (fingers crossed). i can get angry at people for their shortcommings, but when im in a mood my charger is always out in the garage saying come on out and lets talk, and while we are talking, how about turning that wrench a few times. just my opinion!!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 08, 2010, 01:55:52 PM
Actually I have to wax/polish my car everytime I wash it because the water leaves those white stains from kalk (swedish). :eek2:

Per
Oh no,no,no. Water ain't allowed on my baby. No no no.  :rotz:    I use the Mothers wax and or polish. Love the stuff.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 08, 2010, 02:08:16 PM
i buy my dream car years ago cuz i sold my highschool charger when i was in the service. got a 70 charger rescued from the drag strip wanting to go back to a street car. im not fast, and 12 years later im getting close. ive been a mopar nut since i could remember. when i got my motor from the shop, it wouldnt run,overheat, ping like crazy. found a timing chain that was stretched. trans shifter rod froze on me,every time i would get into a job, im missing one important piece to keep me going. ok, there is some poor planning on my part, some bad service from other people, but i wouldnt trade my 70 charger for anything. i relax by working on my car.wouldnt trade her for a done ford or chevy. and if all goes well she will finally make a show at monster mopar. (fingers crossed). i can get angry at people for their shortcommings, but when im in a mood my charger is always out in the garage saying come on out and lets talk, and while we are talking, how about turning that wrench a few times. just my opinion!!!!
Great story and love there. Fully understand. That's why I keep posting on my thread. Every view of the car is picture worthy. I'm just man and machine. Ain't no love greater ( outside of family ) of people and their Mopars. Amen brother and sisters.  :cheers:

nvrbdn

yea, i fell asleep on this one, i got thru the first page of the thread, then i started writing. guess my story was about 30 pages late. ha ha. now i need to go back and follow your story thru the rest of the pages so i can watch this beautiful charger come together. you have one beautiful machine. now if i could figure out how to use these little ball faces id have me hitting my head against the wall.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

1969chargerrtse

So I get up early this morning and head out for a coffee.  I decided to head on the highway to the cruise night place I go to on Sunday evenings when I can.  It's early and for sure I'm one of the only people on the road and the last thing I expect to see is another classic car.  I back into a spot and head in for my coffee.  I was blown away when I came out and there was a group of muscle and classic cars around my car.  They were all heading up to some big show in Goshen Ct.  It's great to see the hobby is alive and doing well.   :2thumbs:

TUFCAT