News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 03, 2009, 10:50:14 AM
Your Charger looks really cool Rob.....You should be very proud of it.  :2thumbs:
I am very proud my friend. Thanks to you and Chris, and many others on this site it is running and looking good. I'm a proud owner for sure. Still have to finish (start) the trunk. It's hard to get motivated to restore the trunk when it looks just fine when the lid is closed.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger440RDN

moparstuart

Quote from: Charger440RDN on November 03, 2009, 02:13:55 PM
You wouldn't happen to be selling it on ebay right now are you?  :D There is a Charger (almost) just like yours on ebay right now for $55,000 here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SIGNED-BY-RICHARD-PETTY-63K-ACTUAL-MILES-REAL-RT-SE_W0QQitemZ280414065131QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4149fb11eb
nice except it has plymouth seats in it   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

You wouldn't happen to be selling it on ebay right now are you?  :D There is a Charger (almost) just like yours on ebay right now for $55,000 here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SIGNED-BY-RICHARD-PETTY-63K-ACTUAL-MILES-REAL-RT-SE_W0QQitemZ280414065131QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4149fb11eb
Not to be rude to the owner if he is on the site, but my car is in much better shape, and fully loaded. Plus it could be had for 10,000.00 less if you catch me in the right mood.
Thanks for the posting. I stopped the video short as it was to painful to watch. Way to many incorrect items on the car, starting with the red rear and working it's way to the wrong rims and seats. The 4 speed is nice, but I have no  regrets with my auto and console. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

Charger440RDN

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 03, 2009, 02:53:51 PM

Not to be rude to the owner if he is on the site, but my car is in much better shape, and fully loaded. Plus it could be had for 10,000.00 less if you catch me in the right mood.
Thanks for the posting. I stopped the video short as it was to painful to watch. Way to many incorrect items on the car, starting with the red rear and working it's way to the wrong rims and seats. The 4 speed is nice, but I have no  regrets with my auto and console.  
:iagree: Your car definitely looks much better than this one. How can they justify the price on this car with all of these flaws?  :rotz:  $55k is wishful thinking, they will never get that for this car IMO.

TUFCAT

I would first spend the money to make it right - then go fishin'

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on November 03, 2009, 02:59:33 PM
Very nice. Good work. :cheers: I need to catch up.
Not sure where you left off but I have to say I am still excited about changing the gloss rear, and gloss rear straight stripe to the correct original look.  I still can't believe I did it?    :yesnod: I LOVE THE LOOK!!!!

Starts way back around # 445 back in march of 09

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 03, 2009, 06:28:04 PM
I would first spend the money to make it right - then go fishin'
Me?  Not really looking to sell it, so it's just fine for now.

Steve P.

I think he means the one on Ebay for 55K...

Maybe he thinks the Petty signature is worth $40K...  :shruggy:

On the other hand, maybe someone WILL pay that kind of money. We've seen it before....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Steve P. on November 03, 2009, 07:15:39 PM
I think he means the one on Ebay for 55K...

Maybe he thinks the Petty signature is worth $40K...  :shruggy:

On the other hand, maybe someone WILL pay that kind of money. We've seen it before....
Oh, ooops. :icon_smile_big:

TUFCAT

Yeppers....I was talking about the eBay seller.  For starters, his "too do" list (before listing for 55K) should include painting the tail panel black!!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 03, 2009, 10:14:51 PM
Yeppers....I was talking about the eBay seller.  For starters, his "too do" list (before listing for 55K) should include painting the tail panel black!!

They just had to put the Dukes music on that video too didn't they. One of the reasons us guys with orange or red '69s keep getting General Lee comments when it's not a General ::)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger440RDN

Not only are the seats incorrect, they also have several rips in them. Are they serious?? $55k???  :rofl: :pigsfly:

Rolling_Thunder

no one caught that it was converted to a 4-speed ?     Well - most likely...        Notice the hold for the shifter in the console ? That's that i looks like when you but out an automatic console top...     probably an older swap as 4-speed console tops were not available...

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

1969chargerrtse

Cold New England mornings are here. :yesnod:

Belgium R/T -68

You have to be really proud over your charger Rob. :2thumbs: It's a very nice looking car you have there. I hope to have that feeling you seems to have when you drive around.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 09, 2009, 02:25:44 PM
You have to be really proud over your charger Rob. :2thumbs: It's a very nice looking car you have there. I hope to have that feeling you seems to have when you drive around.

Per
Thanks. As you can see I love taking pictures of it  ;D  I'm really not a materialistic person. People are way more imortant to me than metal objects that cannot go to Heaven with you, but the only way to describe my love for the 69 charger is........My soul mate. How sick s that?  I drive it with great great pride, and as one lucky SOB. I actually appreciate all the Hell this car put me through. With the help of so many on this site, I prevailed. I made it all the way and have one awesome absolutly gorgeous car. No regrets. Just pride, love and appreciation.  :patriot:
I try to view things in a positive manner, but I don't forget all the work and money I have in it. Still no regrets.  You will feel the same way for sure.  

1969chargerrtse

Now here's a guy that drives his car.  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

TUFCAT

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 13, 2009, 02:04:13 PM
UH oh. :'(   Make sure she stay's dry my friend!!  
When I zip it up in the Air Chamber the heat from the engine moves through the chamber and out the rear for a good toasty 4 to 6 hours. Then it goes back to flippin freezing. My car rules are: if it's over 40* and the top is canvas, then it goes down. If the roads are dry, I drive it.

lexxman

You drive it inthe winter! ? I counldn't do that,ever if the roads are dry ,there so much salt and crud. :o

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: lexxman on December 13, 2009, 03:46:16 PM
You drive it in the winter! ? I couldn't do that,ever if the roads are dry ,there so much salt and crud. :o
If the roads are dry as they were these last days and there is no sign of salt or crud, I'll take it out for a short run here and there.   My main logic is , I can't take it with me when I die so I'm gonna use it all I can while I'm alive. :angel: