News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I was at the Monroe Ct cruise night friday eve when this guy came along and snapped a picture of the charger and put a card in my car about his site.  I thought I had to buy the picture and was not going to but took a look at the site anyway.
All the shots are free.  My car was #1 on the page, cool stuff.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargergirl

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 15, 2007, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: 68charger383 on October 15, 2007, 06:48:53 PM
I know everyone says the world is sue happy, but this sounds like one of those times its not....call Ebay's buyer protection and see what kind of claim you can make with them!

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/services/purchase-protection.html

Post the sellers name so we can make sure no one deals with them.

Car looks great, sorry for the bad luck with the car, hope your not married  :RantExplode:

Thanks for the link, and oh yea I'm married, but to a wonderful paitent woman.  In fact I yelled at her this evening for supporting me.

Ah that makes it her fault...I get that too! The car looks great...now you have to find an engine.
Trust your Woobie!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargergirl on July 27, 2009, 07:45:51 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 15, 2007, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: 68charger383 on October 15, 2007, 06:48:53 PM
I know everyone says the world is sue happy, but this sounds like one of those times its not....call Ebay's buyer protection and see what kind of claim you can make with them!

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/services/purchase-protection.html

Post the sellers name so we can make sure no one deals with them.

Car looks great, sorry for the bad luck with the car, hope your not married  :RantExplode:

Thanks for the link, and oh yea I'm married, but to a wonderful paitent woman.  In fact I yelled at her this evening for supporting me.

Ah that makes it her fault...I get that too! The car looks great...now you have to find an engine.
I think you were reading from over a year ago.  Of course it's her fault, but the engine has been bought, rebuilt and installed, and driven driven driven.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

No trunk restoration pictures here.  Ha ha.  Out for a morning DD run.  
Did ya hear.
DD rated as # 1 on Slate.

lexxman

Hey,Rob.What was that site for the pic's?And the color of your car is R4(bright red)?I'm trying to show my wife what my car will look like when finished ,but she keeps pictureing the general orange. :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: lexxman on August 09, 2009, 04:45:11 PM
Hey,Rob.What was that site for the pic's?And the color of your car is R4(bright red)?I'm trying to show my wife what my car will look like when finished ,but she keeps pictureing the general orange. :shruggy:
What site are you asking about?  My car is Gm's Hugger Orange.  It's a brighter Orange than most.  It's paint code #72.  Or Pontiac Carousel Red.
The General would be a good way to think of the cars minus the decals, bumper thingy etc...
I get a Yee Haa every once and a while.  ::)

1969chargerrtse

Thrilled to say I finally got some digital pictures of my car.  She be looking good.  :drool5:

472 R/T SE

If you want a magazine to take notice, you'll need to get rid of those huge antennas'.  :icon_smile_wink: 

It's definitely a sharp lookin' rig.  :thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 25, 2009, 11:38:42 PM
If you want a magazine to take notice, you'll need to get rid of those huge antennas'.  :icon_smile_wink: 

It's definitely a sharp lookin' rig.  :thumbs:
I had thought of at one time of sending pictures to a mag with the title " No regrets " and tell the story of what I've been through with this car. But like cruise nights and car shows it's a been  there done that feeling so I passed. In 84 my 396 69 Camaro Pace Car was in a mag. As of now enjoyment is a short cruise, lots of  times.

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on August 26, 2009, 10:04:50 AM
Do you have pics of the Camaro in the mag?
Many. I'll post later tonight.  I had 3 396 Pace Cars. The last one was 396/375hp 4spd. Wow!
The mag one was 325hp and a bullet ridden rusted shell. I even fabricated exact original Indy flags and poles. I had 25,000 in it in parts alone in 1984. I sold it for 17,500.00 and it was restored by me as mint original to the bolt as was possible. Later on I moved to a 70 LS6 chevelle and a 70 Super Bee 440/6 Dana 4spd car with original lime green paint and go wing. Man, those were the days. Probably the prettiest car was my 69 RS Z/28 in Hugger orange with black stripes and top. All these cars are gone and I have all the pictures and not one person has called me for history?  Weird.

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 26, 2009, 01:22:16 PM
Many. I'll post later tonight.  I had 3 396 Pace Cars. The last one was 396/375hp 4spd. Wow!
The mag one was 325hp and a bullet ridden rusted shell. I even fabricated exact original Indy flags and poles. I had 25,000 in it in parts alone in 1984. I sold it for 17,500.00 and it was restored by me as mint original to the bolt as was possible. Later on I moved to a 70 LS6 chevelle and a 70 Super Bee 440/6 Dana 4spd car with original lime green paint and go wing. Man, those were the days. Probably the prettiest car was my 69 RS Z/28 in Hugger orange with black stripes and top. All these cars are gone and I have all the pictures and not one person has called me for history?  Weird.

You have had quite the collection of extremely nice cars. Glad to see you joined the dark side!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on August 26, 2009, 03:23:45 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 26, 2009, 01:22:16 PM

You have had quite the collection of extremely nice cars. Glad to see you joined the dark side!
Yeah, and many more than that.  I used to go all over the country and buy Muscle cars back in the 80's. As for mopars, it was a 340 Challenger, the 70Bee and a 383 69 Bee, and a 340 Dart.  I grew up where Mopars and GM's were both equally respected.  The Charger is my sign off from life car, other than a Daytona or Bird, to me there's nothing left.  This car has been tattooed in my heart since I saw one on the showroom floor.  I'm on the mountain top.  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Here's the mag. Odd that they did a spread about Chargers in the same mag as my Pace car. The pictures are distorated because I shot them at an angle because of a light issue.

1969chargerrtse

And some more twisted shots.

1969chargerrtse

How about a Charger electric mini bike?  This was a 1976, new in the box back in the late 90's.  At one time when I was a bored Mr Mom I had 32 minibikes. ;D AT 1 TIME!

1969chargerrtse

A Rupp Centaur?  A snowmobile powered trike.  They only made them in 74 and 75.  I did such a crazy restoration on these that I actually had a mold made of the original bodies and thicker repops made.  Then I found a Rupp Rat kid trike and restored that and had the Centaur tow it.  Mr Rupp signed the picture for me.  O.K  no more non Charger stuff on my Charger thread.

TUFCAT

The article says: "when Bob restores a car, Bob really restores a car" ....'nuff said on that one.  :2thumbs:

I also liked the quote...."countless hours, and pounds and pounds of legal tender later....."

ha!......, not much has changed in this hobby over the years - has it?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 26, 2009, 09:29:12 PM
The article says: "when Bob restores a car, Bob really restores a car" ....'nuff said on that one.  :2thumbs:

I also liked the quote...."countless hours, and pounds and pounds of legal tender later....."

ha!......, not much has changed in this hobby over the years - has it?
Miss hearing from you.  You read that? Yeah so true. The only difference outside of being older is, I was in my 20's back then and had 3 rare cars at a time and money was flowing.  Now I'm blessed to have one, the cars were replaced with kids and money is still flowing but sometimes pay check to pay check. They were great great times back then. I miss the Trike and 70 Bee the most.  I didn't really know what I had back then with the Bee. The Hemmings ad said 1 of 129.  I drove from Ct to SC in a snow storm so bad I-95 was closed.  It had 4:11's and no heat.  I froze coming home in that thing.  It was a monster of a car, functional scoops, pistol grip, Dana, 6 bbl.
 Cool car, and again no calls from anyone that owned it after me.  I have lots of pictures of it from back in the
80's. As for the trike, imagine hearing a snowmobile motor screaming down the road, and then this bright red trike,
towing another small version comes flying by?  That thing was so cool. It was sold to a collector in CA, and helped
pay for the vette  which was sold to buy the Charger, so no regrets.  Even Elvis thought it was cool.

1969chargerrtse

I have nothing to post anymore?  I'm so used to posting restoring it, now that most of it is done, I got nuttin.  So this is what I do with it.  Run errands.  I waited in that line for over 30 min's.  I finally pulled out with nothing.  Yeah I know, boring.  Notice the fuel gauge.  :hah: Clock and tach still work though.  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 12, 2009, 08:30:07 PM
That SE dash cluster really looks beautiful. :cheers:
Thanks my friend, always love hearing from you.  I need touch up at the very bottom where you can see chrome popping through ( little black paint should do it. ).  The wood kit is really nice, very expensive though.

The70RT

I remember being one of the first ones on here to give you a rash of $hit when you first came on here calling your car crap....and then you changed your title to you thread  ;D  You really improved it a lot since you got it and is one of the top cars on this site now  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

GREAT STUFF! You've really come a long way in the past yr or so...
I also remember sitting in one of those RS SS Pace Cars with the Orange and Black houndstooth seats back on the showroom floor - and I couldn't figgure out why the had the tach and speedo Square... That was the same day I sat in a 3X Black R/T Charger and decided it was my Favorite Car of all the 20 plus muscle cars i saw that day.

What ever became of your carsnotforsale website?..  :popcrn:
and,. was that really Elvis?.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on September 12, 2009, 09:30:57 PM
I remember being one of the first ones on here to give you a rash of $hit when you first came on here calling your car crap....and then you changed your title to you thread ;D  You really improved it a lot since you got it and is one of the top cars on this site now :2thumbs:
Ahhhhhh.  I remember that.  My title at the time was something like  .....Why I'm a GM guy, anyone wanna buy a Charger.
I remember you telling me that wasn't a wise thing to do on a Mopar site and it wasn't to late to change it.  I agreed, and did.  This car did put me through hell and back, but It wasn't the cars fault and I mentioned that several times.  It's been running great and reliable, and I'm so very very pleased.  Tomorrow will be a sunny day and I plan on cruising around.  :2thumbs:  I joke with people by saying all I had to do was replace every part, and it runs great.  :hah: