News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Ah fender tags. They sometimes are a deal breaker, other times, who cares. Me personally to be quite honest. IDEAL car to find for sale. 69 Charger 500 4 speed car, with no motor, no tranny, and no fender tag. Not asking for much am I? Have I found one yet though? Nope. That way I can drop in a playful engine, and  tranny and no one will have any room to mock or complain. That goes to me too, as I'm one who tends to stare at the most minor details on cars. Like what bolt goes where, and such. My wife gets so upset at me at times for looking at the same car for too long at a show.

Car is coming along very nicely though. Looking forward to seeing it at Carlisle.

gtx6970

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 19, 2008, 06:10:50 PM
your are putting exhaust manifolds back on it correct ?
Oh yea, already have them sand blasted and painted cast iron high temp.  I got rid of the headers and wrong air cleaner, and wrong tips.  I'm big into that factory look thing.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on February 19, 2008, 04:11:42 PM
Ah fender tags. They sometimes are a deal breaker, other times, who cares. Me personally to be quite honest. IDEAL car to find for sale. 69 Charger 500 4 speed car, with no motor, no tranny, and no fender tag. Not asking for much am I? Have I found one yet though? Nope. That way I can drop in a playful engine, and  tranny and no one will have any room to mock or complain. That goes to me too, as I'm one who tends to stare at the most minor details on cars. Like what bolt goes where, and such. My wife gets so upset at me at times for looking at the same car for too long at a show.

Car is coming along very nicely though. Looking forward to seeing it at Carlisle.
Hoping to be there, plan on running down early on a Saturday and staying the day.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Just in case you're wondering like me, WHERE THE HECK IS MY MOTOR!!! The  good news is it " should " be done by this weekend coming.  Seems he's getting the same bad luck as me with the car.  The first KB pistons held us up over an month.  Then he got stock pistons for it.  Well when he put the pistons side by side (pin to pin ), he found the new stock pistons were low compresson pistons.  The top of the piston was lower than the original 10.1 to 1 factory pistons.  So he ordered a set from Obsolete parts 20 over.  He goes to put the bearings in for the crank and they are oil channel grooved top and bottom, he doesn't want double grooved bearings as he says they will flow more oil but lower the oil pressure so he had to order another set of those also.  Should the new ones be in this week, it should finally be done.  Then I expect a day or two of assembling and paint, then the install, etc..... :coocoo:  I can tell you this.  When this is all over I'm really gonna appreciate what I've been through to get to this point and really feel like a million bucks driving this work of art down my town roads. :boogie:

:drive:

The70RT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 24, 2008, 08:44:38 AM
Just in case you're wondering like me, WHERE THE HECK IS MY MOTOR!!! The  good news is it " should " be done by this weekend coming.  Seems he's getting the same bad luck as me with the car.  The first KB pistons held us up over an month.  Then he got stock pistons for it.  Well when he put the pistons side by side (pin to pin ), he found the new stock pistons were low compresson pistons.  The top of the piston was lower than the original 10.1 to 1 factory pistons.  So he ordered a set from Obsolete parts 20 over.  He goes to put the bearings in for the crank and they are oil channel grooved top and bottom, he doesn't want double grooved bearings as he says they will flow more oil but lower the oil pressure so he had to order another set of those also.  Should the new ones be in this week, it should finally be done.  Then I expect a day or two of assembling and paint, then the install, etc..... :coocoo:  I can tell you this.  When this is all over I'm really gonna appreciate what I've been through to get to this point and really feel like a million bucks driving this work of art down my town roads. :boogie:

Usually they have a groove on one insert, not both on the same journal?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on March 24, 2008, 09:32:32 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 24, 2008, 08:44:38 AM

Usually they have a groove on one inset not both on the same journal?
Yes, that's what he was telling me.  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

O.k so the update this time is.......   I got the exhaust from     http://www.accurateltd.com/   I got to tell you, top notch stuff, the best.  902.00 to my house as the deluxe kit with stainless tips and brackets.   The motor is almost done.  heads redone, motor parts balanced, and crank in.  He was checking the rods and pins when I left.  I expect to have it by this weekend and then the long haul of assembling parts, painting, installing and then running around looking for all the small stuff I forgot.  I ordered the zinc additive, have the correct filters, and I'm a ready!   See ya soon. :boogie:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

AJ1966

Looks great!  Never heard of that exhaust brand before...I'll have to keep them in mind.

I will be in town May 1-5.....if I have time, I want to stop by and check out the car!    :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: AJ1966 on March 31, 2008, 06:39:58 PM
Looks great!  Never heard of that exhaust brand before...I'll have to keep them in mind.

I will be in town May 1-5.....if I have time, I want to stop by and check out the car!    :yesnod:
Lets see....  Pulled the motor out in November?  Yea should be up and running by then.  Look forward to seeing you.  :icon_smile_wink:

JR

Your car's looking great man. I literally started drooling at these pics. :drool5:

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

keepat

Rob,
Your car looks great! Awesome job detailing the engine compartment! Hope the exhaust fit as good as it looks!
Pat

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hemidog

1969chargerrtse

Hey guys , thanks so much.  I love the support from this great site.  Thanks.   :notworthy:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: keepat on March 31, 2008, 09:13:22 PM
Rob,
Your car looks great! Awesome job detailing the engine compartment! Hope the exhaust fit as good as it looks!
Pat
So far ( still no engine to mount it to )  it fit like a glove.  The company said they actually build the exhaust, then mount the exhaust to a donor car before shipment.  The pipes are really thick and  aluminized coated.   I love a well built product and these pipes are just perfect.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 01, 2008, 05:21:17 AM
Rob,
Pat
So far ( still no engine to mount it to )  it fit like a glove.  The company said they actually build the exhaust, then mount the exhaust to a donor car before shipment.  The pipes are really thick and  aluminized coated.   I love a well built product and these pipes are just perfect.
I knew you'd be happy with them....great to see you getting so much work done to the car....Im a bit jealous.  I have a few small projects I need to do but dont have the drive to get my azz in gear....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger01

Are those factory style mufflers.  Wonder how they sound......

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 01, 2008, 07:14:57 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 01, 2008, 05:21:17 AM
Rob,
Pat
I knew you'd be happy with them....great to see you getting so much work done to the car....Im a bit jealous.  I have a few small projects I need to do but dont have the drive to get my azz in gear....
I thought it was you that told me of them but wasn't positive. Thanks for all your help and don't be jealous most of the work was done out of need not want.  Funny how you don't have the drive, and I'm working my butt off to drive. :smilielol:   I crack me up. :ricky:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger01 on April 01, 2008, 08:39:09 AM
They make 3 types. Exact Hemi, a set like original, and these that are best sellers because they are a tad louder but no floor rumble.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mostly the same as mine except not as lopey...his cam is milder than mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-VdYrBsJQ

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

I am very happy with the Accurate LTD exhaust on my car.

Mine made the picture page on their site too.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

charger01

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 01, 2008, 03:08:10 PM
Mostly the same as mine except not as lopey...his cam is milder than mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-VdYrBsJQ

That sounds sweeeeeeeeeet, are those the hemi mufflers? my car has flowmasters rihgt now, and i dont like em.