News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Here's a update on all the updates I've updated.  It's coming along fine  and slowly.  I should have the engine in about 2 weeks.  Thanks for looking.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

Ah so your planning a trip to Carlisle are you? If so look forward to running into you there.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on January 31, 2008, 08:11:25 PM
Ah so your planning a trip to Carlisle are you? If so look forward to running into you there.
Yes, I'm going to go for one day.  I'm going to have a baseball type hat made that says across the center " DCF 1969chargertse "  I'll post a pic when I get it done, I thought that would be a neat way to find each other.  I primed your grille today. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Well, the grille is restored and back in the car.  90% of the engine compartment is done and we wait for the motor.  I told the guy to just have it done by March, I have many ,many other little things to do while I wait.

69_500

Where are the front bumperettes on the car? Or at they on there just can't see them in the photo?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on February 10, 2008, 07:26:57 PM
Where are the front bumperettes on the car? Or at they on there just can't see them in the photo?
Oh, man!   Thanks, I forgot about those. They're in the trunk. :slap:  Thanks for the grille, it restored real nice. :yesnod:

69_500

Thanks for removing parts from my garage and attic. Makes more room for me to store parts in the future, one that will actually go on a car that I own.  ;)

Now what I'm hoping to score at the next swap meet is 2 seperate rear ends, one with 3.55 gears, and one of 2.76 gears. As the car has a 4.11 rear end in it now, and I want the 3.55 because that is what it came with origionally. And I want the 2.76 to put in it for now so that it cruises much nicer on long highway trips.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on February 10, 2008, 07:48:14 PM
Thanks for removing parts from my garage and attic. Makes more room for me to store parts in the future, one that will actually go on a car that I own.  ;)

Now what I'm hoping to score at the next swap meet is 2 seperate rear ends, one with 3.55 gears, and one of 2.76 gears. As the car has a 4.11 rear end in it now, and I want the 3.55 because that is what it came with origionally. And I want the 2.76 to put in it for now so that it cruises much nicer on long highway trips.
Oh, I hear ya.  I had 4:11's in mine and hated it. I got 3:23's now and that's a nice mid point for me.

1969chargerrtse

O.K don't get tired of me , but this is for me also.  This is a great way to keep a diary of your car.  So this weekend I worked my can off.  Everything is done and ready for the motor.  I put the trani in also.  Every try to put a trani in by yourself on your back with the drive shaft still connected to the rear end ( did I mention on your back )?  My God that was a pain in the butt.  Trying to line it up and move it forward while keeping the drivesaft straight into the rear.  Dumb.  I should of just unbolted it.  Plus I also learned to install the cross member first.  I had the trani on jacks jammed up the trani tunnel, but I couldn't get the cross member up there?  I had to lower the trani and then mount the member and then put it back up.  These Mopars are still new to me, it sure is a learning experience.  I pulled the car out to clean it up a bit, man I can't wait until the motor is done, what a beautiful designed car, still 40 years later.  Awesome.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hemidog

1969chargerrtse

Just 6T9 CHGR

Trans install with the driveshaft connected?  What were you thinking man! ;)

Hey-----heres something to ponder.....how about a new convertor to match the new engine/rear combo?

Ya know....while its apart  :scratchchin:

:nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 17, 2008, 05:22:22 PM
Trans install with the driveshaft connected?  What were you thinking man! ;)

Hey-----heres something to ponder.....how about a new convertor to match the new engine/rear combo?

Ya know....while its apart  :scratchchin:

:nana:
I'll PM or call you and you can explain.   Keep in mind I "may" drop a 4spd in next year.  :drool5:   It's been more apart than together since I've bought it

UPDATE UPDATE!!  Another joke by my friend Chris that went over my head.  He was breaking my chops "again"

69_500

Been there done that. Pulled the transmission out of a RR I had once in a parking lot of a hotel. I had 1 2 ton jack, and 2 jack stands. Jacked the car up in the front, and rolled under the car with some wrenches. I was laying under the tranny when I unbolted it, allowing it to set on my chest, while I wormed my way out from under the car with it. The putting it back was the same process. Not exactly fun, but hey it didn't kill me right?

Charger_Fan

Your Charger's looking great! :2thumbs:

Quote from: 69_500 on February 17, 2008, 08:45:03 PM
Been there done that. Pulled the transmission out of a RR I had once in a parking lot of a hotel. I had 1 2 ton jack, and 2 jack stands. Jacked the car up in the front, and rolled under the car with some wrenches. I was laying under the tranny when I unbolted it, allowing it to set on my chest, while I wormed my way out from under the car with it. The putting it back was the same process. Not exactly fun, but hey it didn't kill me right?
I've done a couple trannys like that. :lol: Going back in is always harder. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chris G.

Looking good!  :2thumbs:

It warms my heart to see an actual correct style washer bottle in a car these days.  :yesnod: It's amazing how many so called 100 point cars still have the wrong one in them.

Keep up the good work!  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chris G. on February 18, 2008, 07:44:54 AM
Looking good!  :2thumbs:

It warms my heart to see an actual correct style washer bottle in a car these days.  :yesnod: It's amazing how many so called 100 point cars still have the wrong one in them.

Keep up the good work!  :cheers:
Thanks Chris, I quess I'm really lucky Bill at A&M knows what he's doing, because all I did was order it. :smilielol:

68RT4ME

Wow,  :drool5: your doing great on this. I'm happy to see the updates as it gives me inspiration as mine gets worked on. Reminds me to also update my thread. Thanks for sharing.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 68RT4ME on February 18, 2008, 01:43:05 PM
Wow,  :drool5: your doing great on this. I'm happy to see the updates as it gives me inspiration as mine gets worked on. Reminds me to also update my thread. Thanks for sharing.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Thanks, I'll never forget reading your story about how your wife advised you to buy that awesome 440 4spd car.  How I wish mine was originally a 4spd.  Can't wait to see pictures of yours as you're working on it.

AJ1966

Looks great!  I will message you when I eventually visit town.  I have to see that car!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: AJ1966 on February 18, 2008, 07:45:58 PM
Looks great!  I will message you when I eventually visit town.  I have to see that car!
I just hope people keep in mind I'm redoing the engine compartment which was 100% incorrect and oversprayed everywhere, but the car in general is a restoration project in the works.  There is so much more to do and it will take time and lots of money ( don't tell the wife ).  I see cars on this site restored to a level that makes me want to throw a cover over it and close the garage door.  They are at such a higher level it blows my mind.  I'm just looking to freshen it up an end up with a nice sharp looking driver.  I called the engine builder today to see if the gasket kit had exhaust manifold gaskets in it so I would know if I need to order them.  He was home on this odd warm Holiday and said he hasn't opened the kit yet.  I wanted to scream, " Get your butt down at the shop and put that thing together!"  He's such a nice guy I just said o.k let me know.  I plan on having it by the end on Feb. I plan on that, me?  Hope he does too. :icon_smile_big:

chargerkid01

Eby isn't bad I bought my charger there and the only thing I had was the pictures and description and the ca was evrything h described and showed I'm sorry you got screwed like that though. Do you still havethe other grill?? Wanna sell it?? And if you ever decide to get rid of the charger can I please be first on your list SORRY GUTS I "ASKED" FIRST!!!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargerkid01 on February 18, 2008, 10:07:31 PM
Eby isn't bad I bought my charger there and the only thing I had was the pictures and description and the ca was evrything h described and showed I'm sorry you got screwed like that though. Do you still havethe other grill?? Wanna sell it?? And if you ever decide to get rid of the charger can I please be first on your list SORRY GUTS I "ASKED" FIRST!!!!
That issue of the things I went through is long behind me.  I really don't have any regrets.  The only thing that I wish was different is I wish I had the correct fender tag.  Otherwise I have no real regrets.  The past owner helped me out a little and overall the car is much better now than it was.  It still is a loaded rust free RTSE, and for the 29,500.00 I originally paid I have no regrets.  I looked a long time for a car like this under 30 grand and I don't regret buying it.  BUT!  The things I went through at first was like living a bad dream.  It was a bubble burster for sure, but I'm looooong past that and moving forward with a positve attitude.  As for the grille, I want to keep the center section as a before and after piece.