News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

If this car ends up in the right part of WI. I will likely see it at the Dubuque Show. My condolenses Rob.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

I can never understand the rationale behind not shipping enclosed either.  A little shopping and you can find an enclosed hauler and have it affordable.

cdr

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 20, 2012, 07:58:01 AM
If this car ends up in the right part of WI. I will likely see it at the Dubuque Show. My condolenses Rob.
:iagree:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on July 20, 2012, 09:47:39 AM
I can never understand the rationale behind not shipping enclosed either.  A little shopping and you can find an enclosed hauler and have it affordable.
Thanks guys.
And then you take a guy like me that used eBays DAS shipper. Enclosed, top shelf. I called them in Ca and made sure they don't chain down the frame. " Oh no we tire strap ". I get the car and the frame boxes are torn. I send them a bill for 500.00. They send me a check for 250.00.
D- don't
A- ask
S- Shipper DAS to ship your car.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

Back in March I had a car enclosed shipped from Alabama to Ct,Reliable carriers who are premier for BJ and Mecums auctions,for $1,200.Worth every penny IMO.

1969chargerrtse

Well, looks like we have a happy new owner.

" Just got the car and very excited! Off to register now thanks again.

Nick ".
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 20, 2012, 10:41:20 AM
I can never understand the rationale behind not shipping enclosed either.  A little shopping and you can find an enclosed hauler and have it affordable.

Back in March I had a car enclosed shipped from Alabama to Ct,Reliable carriers who are premier for BJ and Mecums auctions,for $1,200.Worth every penny IMO.
This should surprise you. I'm still after a 2002 TA vert. But I  am actually going for ............ Black in color. There are 2 nice low mile ones on eBay. I'm just not spending 20k and then tax. Need something under 20k.  Never was a black color fan, but on that car with the over the top hood and hideaways, it's nasty. Going for an auto also. Old man I am.

nvrbdn

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 20, 2012, 11:27:58 AM

Nick ".

:2thumbs: now your turn :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 20, 2012, 02:07:58 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 20, 2012, 11:27:58 AM

Nick ".

:2thumbs: now your turn :yesnod:
Yep I'm a little excited. It's nice though to pass a car like the Charger on to someone else that is just as excited as you were when you first got it.

1969chargerrtse

lexxman

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: lexxman on July 20, 2012, 08:14:20 PM
That looks nice,did you buy?
I wish. No it's on eBay, I'm the high bidder at 18,500.00 but they want like 25K
I've found 4 Ram air low miles verts. As Paul said they are out there. 18,500.00 is where I'm looking to spend. Add tax I'm in for 20.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648&item=190702654448&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

This red one was listed tonight. They want 25k but called me back saying they would take 20,850.00. Everyone wants 20 plus, but they're just not selling for that.
It's across the US and needs to be shipped, to high for me. I'll wait till it snows if I have to.  I took a beating on the Charger and want a good deal on the TA.

TUFCAT

It seems 2002's are the highest priced and most valuable since its the last year. In your price range, 1998-2000's with super low miles should go for a lot less money.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 20, 2012, 08:45:45 PM
It seems 2002's are the highest priced and most valuable since its the last year. In your price range, 1998-2000's with super low miles should go for a lot less money.
Yeah but I want a 2002 and I know prices will drop due to fall coming and they're not getting it anyway.  Like I said, I took a beating, I want a good deal and time is on my side.

69 OUR/TEA

Well,sad that you sold the Charger,but being a car guy,and not just tunnel-visioned to one brand,I have always liked the ram-air Transam and Firebirds,not enough to buy one with all I have going on,but comes close !!!!!
Now being into the Buick GN's and turbo regals for 20+ years,was a no brainer for me to buy one of the 20th TA pace cars,best of both worlds.And must add,if it were just a pace car with a tuneport 5.7,I'd have no interest and would'nt have bought one.It is quite funny when I do take it out,and someone asks what it has for a motor,shows most don't know what it is.
So how can I have anything negative to say about you buying/owning a Transam when I have one to !!!Just be patient,and buy it right,meaning the condition,miles,and price.Don't be impulsive,it took me 4 months to find mine,but then again the one I have is a one year only with only 1,555 made.Good luck!!!!!

myk

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 20, 2012, 08:56:33 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 20, 2012, 08:45:45 PM
Yeah but I want a 2002 and I know prices will drop due to fall coming and they're not getting it anyway.  Like I said, I took a beating, I want a good deal and time is on my side.

Most importantly you've arguably got the best combination of engine components: LS6 intake with no PCV, better flowing heads and possibly an LS6 block.  My '99 LS1 has bigger injectors, a bigger camshaft, but those pluses are offset by the 02's newer bits and pieces.  In the end though, most people will say that all versions of LS1's are equal; an LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1 and they all generally put out 350 hp at the crank...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 20, 2012, 09:03:41 PM
Well,sad that you sold the Charger,but being a car guy,and not just tunnel-visioned to one brand,I have always liked the ram-air Transam and Firebirds,not enough to buy one with all I have going on,but comes close !!!!!
Now being into the Buick GN's and turbo regals for 20+ years,was a no brainer for me to buy one of the 20th TA pace cars,best of both worlds.And must add,if it were just a pace car with a tuneport 5.7,I'd have no interest and would'nt have bought one.It is quite funny when I do take it out,and someone asks what it has for a motor,shows most don't know what it is.
So how can I have anything negative to say about you buying/owning a Transam when I have one to !!!Just be patient,and buy it right,meaning the condition,miles,and price.Don't be impulsive,it took me 4 months to find mine,but then again the one I have is a one year only with only 1,555 made.Good luck!!!!!
Wait a minute?  " only 1,555 made " Well lookie who's counting car numbers this time?  :icon_smile_wink:

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 21, 2012, 07:47:30 AM
Wait a minute?  " only 1,555 made " Well lookie who's counting car numbers this time?  :icon_smile_wink:

1,555 is the total production,thats all I need to know,not trying to amp it up somemore to try and get to say 1 of 6 because of some irrellevant combination,I look at it as how many were built,end of story.Not trying to make myself any more special than the other 1,554 owners.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 21, 2012, 08:18:43 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 21, 2012, 07:47:30 AM

1,555 is the total production,thats all I need to know,not trying to amp it up somemore to try and get to say 1 of 6 because of some irrellevant combination,I look at it as how many were built,end of story.Not trying to make myself any more special than the other 1,554 owners.
Got ya, but to me it is what it is, if your car was 1 with a rear seat warmer, than so be it.

1969chargerrtse

I bought my 2002 Trans am on eBay.  It's a triple black Ram air WS6 convertible with the additional SLP performance package installed by Pontiac when it was new.  It's still is new as it has just 8,000 miles on it, but he put brand new Good Years on it so I have fresh rubber. I'm picking it up Wednesday.  Comes with a 400.00 car cover, but I have the AirChamber. Yes I'm excited.

bakerhillpins

Good for you Rob. Glad that you are back in the saddle so fast.  :2thumbs: Go out and have some fun with the top down.  :drive:

Must say though.. Gawd I hate GM dashboards.   :eek2:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

myk

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 23, 2012, 06:02:36 PM
I bought my 2002 Trans am on eBay.  It's a triple black Ram air WS6 convertible with the additional SLP performance package installed by Pontiac when it was new.  It's still is new as it has just 8,000 miles on it, but he put brand new good Years on it so I have fresh rubber. I'm picking it up Wednesday.  Yes I'm excited.

Awesome.  Take that thing to the track and rack up 13 second quarter miles all day long bone stock.  I have my window sticker too, but I have to admit your T/A is nicer than mine.  Did you check out LS1tech.com yet?

Ghoste

I hope it goes better than when the Charger came to you from e bay.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 23, 2012, 07:17:31 PM
Good for you Rob. Glad that you are back in the saddle so fast.  :2thumbs: Go out and have some fun with the top down.  :drive:

Must say though.. Gawd I hate GM dashboards.   :eek2:
Ha, yeah it's not perfect in design.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: myk on July 23, 2012, 08:10:39 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 23, 2012, 06:02:36 PM
I bought my 2002 Trans am on eBay.  It's a triple black Ram air WS6 convertible with the additional SLP performance package installed by Pontiac when it was new.  It's still is new as it has just 8,000 miles on it, but he put brand new good Years on it so I have fresh rubber. I'm picking it up Wednesday.  Yes I'm excited.

Awesome.  Take that thing to the track and rack up 13 second quarter miles all day long bone stock.  I have my window sticker too, but I have to admit your T/A is nicer than mine.  Did you check out LS1tech.com yet?
Yeah been there a few times.  Not gonna get into it like the Charger, just gonna drive it.  Maybe do some history info stuff later.