News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Wow! It really looks pretty Rob :2thumbs:

Can I please interject a helpful tip?  Okay, since you just said yes :yesnod: , continue blowing felt runs and window fuzzies with forced air, then do more open air road blasts (wearing goggles and headwear if necessary ;))  ....and re-vac/blow again!  :Twocents: :Twocents:  

When you're satisfied everything was blown out properly, re-blow/vac once again for good measure, then close windows. :icon_smile_wink:.

I'd sure hate for any remaining sand particles to scratch your glass.  :'(

lexxman

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 30, 2012, 07:28:01 PM
Wow! It really looks pretty Rob :2thumbs:

Can I please interject a helpful tip?  Okay, since you just said yes :yesnod: , continue blowing felt runs and window fuzzies with forced air, then do more open air road blasts (wearing goggles and headwear if necessary ;))  ....and re-vac/blow again!  :Twocents: :Twocents:  

When you're satisfied everything was blown out properly, re-blow/vac once again for good measure, then close windows. :icon_smile_wink:.

I'd sure hate for any remaining sand particles to scratch your glass.  :'(

Gee never thought about that?  Now I have to check the glass to make sure it's o.k   Thanks guys.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Wow. Just went out to the car and there was white sand sitting in the felt. OMG. This sand blasting was a disaster. The pass front window has a new motor and used to work great. Now it can't go up without help so I have to take that apart also. What a pain.
Thanks again for your advise.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

472 R/T SE

Looks just like the spare I took out of an original owner '69 Satellite I bought.  Put that spare in my blue car.

I'd say 90% of the people who look in your trunk won't know that's the wrong jack.  Besides, it's not like it'll ever be used.

I don't think you'll ever be completely rid of the sand.  My blue car had something blasted.  Every time the windows were down I'd get blasted.  Prolly 10 years after it was painted it was still sand blasting occupants.

As usual, your ride's a beauty.   :thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Thanks.  I see my car as a real nice driver.  Just the way I like it.  Yeah this SB is a pain in the butt.  Overall it's gone but I need to take some door panels off and clean more.   ::)

1969chargerrtse

I was changing out the PW motor on my passenger side when I found this part number on the door, thought that was cool.

1969chargerrtse

Green71R/T

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 24, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
I hear ya but I have a problem I just can't figure out?  If I lift the car up the lower part of my wheels turn inward.  That's my issue.  My A frame is pulled in towards the engine on both sides and can't go any further in, so why do the tires angle inward at the base?  That is why I had it so low.  The lower I went, the more the tires straightend out.  Also, to each his own on the look.  No prob.

There are offset upper control arm bushings to help correct alignment.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Green71R/T on April 01, 2012, 11:06:07 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 24, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
I hear ya but I have a problem I just can't figure out?  If I lift the car up the lower part of my wheels turn inward.  That's my issue.  My A frame is pulled in towards the engine on both sides and can't go any further in, so why do the tires angle inward at the base?  That is why I had it so low.  The lower I went, the more the tires straightend out.  Also, to each his own on the look.  No prob.

There are offset upper control arm bushings to help correct alignment.

Yeah. Gonna look into that. Thanks. 

472 R/T SE

65post

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 31, 2012, 10:04:33 AM
I was changing out the PW motor on my passenger side when I found this part number on the door, thought that was cool.
By the looks of those #s on the door you may have a NOS door skin on it...
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 65post on April 01, 2012, 10:41:29 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 31, 2012, 10:04:33 AM
By the looks of those #s on the door you may have a NOS door skin on it...
Not sure. Looked original inside to me. To late now as its all closed up. Pretty sure both doors have the original yellow on them, but whatever they're orange now.

1969chargerrtse

A beautiful day here in the North East.  My buddy Jr and I met for coffee and GAS!  We've been best buddies for decades.  The cars we have now are probably our last.  Pretty cool, both are Hugger orange and one a conv and one a Hard top.  One a Gm and one a Mopar, both beautiful and rare in their own way.  I've had a conv muscle car since I was 16.  I had to give that up to have the charger, and that's just the price I had to pay, with no regrets.  Though I do miss a drop top, but I ain't selling my Charger to get one.

bakerhillpins

Lucky bum!  Its 60 up here in NH and I can't get my car out until the 28th.  :'( 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 14, 2012, 08:33:07 AM
Lucky bum!  Its 60 up here in NH and I can't get my car out until the 28th.  :'( 
Oh that sucks.  I've been driving my car probably since late Feb.  So you saved about 500.00 over me.  :2thumbs:

RIDELIKEHELL

Looks great Rob and yes I am jealous that you have been cruising already  :'(
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 14, 2012, 08:52:47 AM
Looks great Rob and yes I am jealous that you have been cruising already  :'(
Sorry guys , not looking to make anyone jealous.  Get out there!

Back N Black

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 14, 2012, 08:13:11 AM
A beautiful day here in the North East.  My buddy Jr and I met for coffee and GAS!  We've been best buddies for decades.  The cars we have now are probably our last.  Pretty cool, both are Hugger orange and one a conv and one a Hard top.  One a Gm and one a Mopar, both beautiful and rare in their own way.  I've had a conv muscle car since I was 16.  I had to give that up to have the charger, and that's just the price I had to pay, with no regrets.  Though I do miss a drop top, but I ain't selling my Charger to get one.

Beautiful cars!  :2thumbs: I bet you get lots of looks and complements.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Back N Black on April 15, 2012, 11:25:44 AM

Beautiful cars!  :2thumbs: I bet you get lots of looks and complements.
Some guys come up to me, some come up to him.  It's all good.

1969chargerrtse

Put one of those mini starters in tonight. It cranks the engine up super fast, nice.  :2thumbs:  75.00 from DB on eBay with shipping included.  I ran in the house for 1 min, when I came out my Scott's spreader that hangs on the wall next to my wife's car fell off the wall and next to the Charger.   :o  I thought for sure there would be a dent or paint scrapes?  I am one lucky dude.  :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Wow. I lied. I am selling my Charger to get one.  :eek2: :slap:

nvrbdn

:rotz: there is a liar among us. oh wait, you arent a liar, you just changed your direction. back to where it used to be. life is short, do what you enjoy. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 14, 2012, 05:18:22 PM
:rotz: there is a liar among us. oh wait, you arent a liar, you just changed your direction. back to where it used to be. life is short, do what you enjoy. :2thumbs:
LOVE IT!  Thanks for the support.  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Well my friends possibly a sad ending to this thread.  Kinda breaks my heart.  I loved updating here.
:'(

EDIT:

Keep posting that www.SearcheBayforanorange69Chargerforsaleifyourreinterested.com link & this entire thread will be moved to the For Sale section!!!! :slap:

Signed a friendly Moderator