News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Thats hidious Rob! ....Get on it! Youve have a long enough break!  :coolgleamA:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on June 20, 2009, 09:33:45 AM
Thats hidious Rob! ....Get on it! Youve have a long enough break!  :coolgleamA:
You kidding me?  This thing has been a work in progress, daily.  :slap:
I need a break, and I'm broke. :icon_smile_big:
1st winter, motor and compartment.
2nd winter, interior and trim and glass.
3rd winter trunk and back to motor.
4th winter. ?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Back N Black

I taught you bought the car restored?  :D Love the new sound!  :2thumbs:

Troy

What's wrong with the trunk? I can't see pavement under (through) it nor does it have rust and scale all over it (or fiberglass like mine).

Whatcha gonna do with those black door handle buttons? ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Troy on June 20, 2009, 10:33:24 AM
What's wrong with the trunk? I can't see pavement under (through) it nor does it have rust and scale all over it (or fiberglass like mine).

Whatcha gonna do with those black door handle buttons? ;)

Troy
I was going to post them as free, plus 5.00 shipping.  Since you asked.
Free for you as a thank you for this great site.  Need your address though.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Back N Black on June 20, 2009, 10:17:32 AM
I taught you bought the car restored?  :D Love the new sound!  :2thumbs:
Yeah me too  ::) but I'm proud of what I've accomplished and love showing others the before and after.
I got another " how much? " today and I love saying , no thanks.
That's because they didn't see the trunk.  :hah:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TUFCAT

Rob, that's only a weekend project for you... :2thumbs:  I'm guessing we'll be reading (and viewing) your trunk restoration pictures before Labor Day.  :icon_smile_wink:

69*F5*SE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 21, 2009, 09:27:31 PM
Rob, that's only a weekend project for you... :2thumbs:  I'm guessing we'll be reading (and viewing) your trunk restoration pictures before Labor Day.  :icon_smile_wink:
It's one thing I'm not at all interested in doing.  Sanding of the whole area, and trunk lip, repainting, locating jack stuff and then sanding and painting, trunk seal, tire and rim ( sanding and painting rim, buying tire ), back board for rear seat, some fixing on trunk floor, sanding and clearing gas tube, masking car off, sanding down for the 30th time paint overspray all over the car, etc....  I really did a lot on this car since I got it and the trunk is a Fall/Winter thing for me.  Robby wants to just turn the key and cruise right now.  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Went to a new cruise night tonight, fun time had by all.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Few more.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 25, 2009, 09:22:43 PM
Nice Rob! She looks great :cheers:
Thanks, I'm proud of her.  She's been running like a new car.  No problems at all.  :laugh:

Steve P.

Looks like a great cruise-in.  The Nomad looks like the one used on TOOL TIME.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Steve P. on June 25, 2009, 11:44:45 PM
Looks like a great cruise-in.  The Nomad looks like the one used on TOOL TIME.
That's the first time I went to that cruise show.   It's about 15 min from me.  Nice crowd, very nice people( no jerks ).  I stuck my head in the Nomad as my first car I owned for 7 years was a 57 Nomad.  That 55 had a customized inside with a floor console out of a chevelle maybe, cool car.  I love the RR, original owner paint and interior sitting right there, that's rare.  He has the original hood at home.

1969chargerrtse

I had this annoying rattle in my car that was driving me nuts. :coocoo:  I cannot tell you how many times I have been under the car on my back looking around, loosening the tail pipes and re setting them and the tips up.  I take it for a ride and ..... :brickwall: (rattle, rattle )Well finally I found it  :2thumbs:  It was the top of the old High Jacker shock I haven't replaced yet.  Rattle rattle.  I dropped the shock from the lower stud and took it for a ride. Finally Peace and quiet. I tightend the hard to reach 3/4 bolt up there and it's quiet like a very expensive classic should be. :2thumbs:

69*F5*SE

Neal_J

Congrats on finding the elusive rattle, which drive me nuts.  Score 1 for you!!!

tan top

good bit of detective work on finding the rattle  :yesnod:   they can drive you nuts to find out where its coming from !!
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Detective work it was.  I was on my back in the trunk looking and banging around.  I pulled the rear 1/4 drain plugs, and found dirt from Ca, a spark plug, socket and bulb :hah:.

Tonight I took the wife for a cruise to get a coffee. About 15 mins in the car she says what's that noise?  So I give it a little more gas and say, that noise?  She say's yes.  I say the engine :slap:.  Then I went on to explain about power and muscle cars  :P.  Of which she could car less ::).  
One thing she did learn was I'm not the only old timer that likes this type of car.  We had about 8 thumbs up, Three camera phone shots from a car. and one state cop drove by D Donuts, turned around and came back and got out of his car to check the Charger out.  Yes, you heard me right.  A State Trooper actually got out of his car to check something other than getting out of his car to go home.  :icon_smile_wink:

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 10, 2009, 07:29:46 PM
Detective work it was.  I was on my back in the trunk looking and banging around.  I pulled the rear 1/4 drain plugs, and found dirt from Ca, a spark plug, socket and bulb :hah:.

Tonight I took the wife for a cruise to get a coffee. About 15 mins in the car she says what's that noise?  So I give it a little more gas and say, that noise?  She say's yes.  I say the engine :slap:.  Then I went on to explain about power and muscle cars  :P.  Of which she could car less ::).

Rob, you must really, REALLY, drink a LOT of coffee!!!

Cofffee runs with the Charger are very common for you. :2thumbs:

Did you know you can actually make that stuff at home? :icon_smile_wink:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 10, 2009, 08:32:35 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 10, 2009, 07:29:46 PM
Detective work it was.  I was on my back in the trunk looking and banging around.  I pulled the rear 1/4 drain plugs, and found dirt from Ca, a spark plug, socket and bulb :hah:.

Tonight I took the wife for a cruise to get a coffee. About 15 mins in the car she says what's that noise?  So I give it a little more gas and say, that noise?  She say's yes.  I say the engine :slap:.  Then I went on to explain about power and muscle cars  :P.  Of which she could car less ::).

Rob, you must really, REALLY, drink a LOT of coffee!!!

Coffee runs with the Charger are very common for you. :2thumbs:

Did you know you can actually make that stuff at home? :icon_smile_wink:
Ha, I'm drinking a cup now at home reading your comment.  I never drank coffee until I was 30.  Then being in the elevator business as a helper I went with my mechanic all the time to get coffee at work.  Then it just grew on me.  Now I find myself doing 4 cups a day, but I heard on the news it's actually good for you.