News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rob's ongoing slow restoration process of his 69 charger R/T SE

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 15, 2007, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 15, 2012, 01:59:55 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 12:54:23 PM
Wow again with this?  What the heck is the issue?

What does that mean?
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong?  You can't post a link that you're selling your car on a normal thread?  Also a PM would of been less embarrassing to a long term member. On two different threads I got that. So of course the second time was " this again ".  I really don't wanna mess up my restoration thread about this.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

I guess I dont follow. Was that a reply in this thread or a quote from a pm?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 15, 2012, 03:18:04 PM
I guess I dont follow. Was that a reply in this thread or a quote from a pm?
I don't know either what were talking about?  You can call or pm me if there's something wrong.

1969chargerrtse

Last in the garage picture.  Tomorrow my car finds a new home in WI.  At least it's still in the USA.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 18, 2012, 08:09:35 PM
:pity: hope you fill that spot soon :yesnod:
Yeah gonna miss it for sure. I'm looking to only spend 15k ish for a low miles TA so I may have to wait as long as fall or winter for prices to drop.

69 OUR/TEA

5 years and 43 pages about buying/building,fixing it............only 5 weeks for 28 pages about selling it !!!!!! :D

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 18, 2012, 09:48:48 PM
5 years and 43 pages about buying/building,fixing it............only 5 weeks for 28 pages about selling it !!!!!! :D
I thought It would of been one day of selling it, but times are hard and money is tight.
Yeah and that thread got locked too. And I wasn't even trying.  :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Well, she's gone and gonna be missed. But when you're done, you're done. The guy said, Wow I hate car's like this, I'm gonna get asked to pull over all the way to WI.  :lol:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparstuart

WOW Dude pays over 30k for a car and cheaps out and doesnt get it shipped enclosed   :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on July 19, 2012, 12:02:32 PM
WOW Dude pays over 30k for a car and cheaps out and doesnt get it shipped enclosed   :shruggy:
I mentioned that as my car was detailed and in 5 years never been wet. He said he towed a 100k Ferrari the same way.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: cdr on July 19, 2012, 11:42:21 AM
BYE :slap:
I know. When he was loading it I wanted to yell STOP!! Never mind I'm keeping it, but I need some of the money for the family, etc.

36 Dodge Brothers

Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

1969chargerrtse

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: cdr on July 19, 2012, 01:19:40 PM
have to say that was,is, a very nice car
It was/is. Let's not forget I had over 45k in it. Took a lost do to the times, but then again I'm grateful it sold.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 19, 2012, 12:15:52 PM

I know. When he was loading it I wanted to yell STOP!! Never mind I'm keeping it, but I need some of the money for the family, etc.

Just like that its gone. You sold it.  A 43 page restoration thread devoted to your beloved Charger appears to be on the wrong side of equanimity now doesn't it...  :shruggy:

myk

Where's the buyer from?  Personally, I dreamed of giving Rob his $45K and driving it home to California-across America if needed.  At the moment I can't think of a better definition of paradise...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 19, 2012, 07:53:56 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 19, 2012, 12:15:52 PM

Just like that its gone. You sold it.  A 43 page restoration thread devoted to your beloved Charger appears to be on the wrong side of equanimity now doesn't it...  :shruggy:
Nothing more than a page from the book of my life. Variety is the spice of life. Time to invest a little in my home and move on to another wonderful muscle machine.  Only this time with working A/C.  ;D

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: myk on July 19, 2012, 10:54:42 PM

Where's the buyer from?  Personally, I dreamed of giving Rob his $45K and driving it home to California-across America if needed.  At the moment I can't think of a better definition of paradise...
That car was worth the 35k I was asking and a steal at 32.5. Good for him. Hope he enjoys it.

RIDELIKEHELL

Sad day is right...good luck Rob on whatever your next ride is  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73