News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

b-body window cranks?

Started by HITMAN 149, October 15, 2007, 01:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

hey guys... :cheers:
i know it was posted but can't seem to find it??  b-body window cranks were the same used (or very similar) from a dodge van?? what year van & model??? since i've been a junkyard dawg lately...figured maybe i'd find some at the yard..that were in good shape?!?!?!?  and would be ok for my 68  r/t???
or if anybody has 4 decent driver ones?!?!?!?
gracias!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

keepat

John,
I have some spare 68 window regulators/cranks parts. I post some pic tonight!
Pat

gtx6970

I think Dorman makes a less expensive window crank but it has the larger style knob found on the later style 70's and up handles. They are new and look OK for a driver - but just have a larger black plastic knob

But I'm not sure when Mopar went to a different style handle overall

HITMAN 149

thanks pat!! (as usual  you da man!!)

gtx...
you mean like these ones?? the bigger cranks (knob & lenghth are bigger also??) NO?? or are they the same length... but just the knob's are bigger???
thanks...
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

chargerman68

still looking for those cranks hit
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

HITMAN 149

yea.. not a big deal... just if i happen to find a decent pair cheap.
mine as i remember (car still in shop!! LOL...but i've been trying to study for my sgt's test next week) so it wasn;t a big deal to get down to the shop & harrass my buddy & also scope out what i need that's beat up. i think they are all pitted...just like almost all my chrome!! LOL
i think the smaller one's are more for our years... but the other (bigger knob) one's also look bigger in length too??? NO??
also i know they were used in a 80's-90's dodge van too???
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

chargerman68

yeah i was big on everything needs rechroming..... but now its whatever i want my car driving....all my chrome is sweet but the outside door handles are pitted the inside door chrome is spray chrome and the inside door handles are junk,but the car is ready....just my  :Twocents:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

HITMAN 149

oh i'm with you bro....
i'm not looking for A+ perfect show chrome!! tooo much coin, (that i don't have anyways!! LOL) just looking for real nice solid drivers stuff.
yea.. after the 27th... BOY am i gonna harass my buddy!!!  :icon_smile_blackeye:
car wiil be roadworthy.. as far as the mechanics are concerned!! just needs the body paint & lil interior things. but i could drive it like that... it's solid..not like my fenders are hanging off or anything!! hahahaha
yea the smaller knob one's are for ours...
:cheers:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bull

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 17, 2007, 11:16:49 PM
thanks pat!! (as usualĀ  you da man!!)

gtx...
you mean like these ones?? the bigger cranks (knob & lenghth are bigger also??) NO?? or are they the same length... but just the knob's are bigger???
thanks...
-JOHN

The three on the left are right for a '68, the others are wrong.

HITMAN 149

thanks bull!!! :2thumbs:
i thought so... but wasn't sure??? like i said.. not needing perfect original concourse resto stuff by far!!!... as long as it looks good (not just condition... but also not stupid looking for the car!!)
if it's off of a 78' (for example)... but looks good on the car... that would be fine with me too for anything!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

gtx6970

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 17, 2007, 11:16:49 PM
thanks pat!! (as usualĀ  you da man!!)

gtx...
thanks...
-JOHN

3 on the left are right, center one is for C-body vent wing , 3 on the right are late models , - length should be the same - just larger knob

HITMAN 149

hey gtx...
thanks.. that's what i thought.... but i guess it's just the pic??? but they looked longer??
thanks.....
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bull

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 18, 2007, 02:18:10 PM
hey gtx...
thanks.. that's what i thought.... but i guess it's just the pic??? but they looked longer??
thanks.....
-JOHN

They are longer... because the knob is bigger. :D

HITMAN 149

ohhhhhh i see bull.....
the L O N G E R  they are...the BIGGER the knob!!?!?!? LOL!!! :angel:
01 BMW 740i SPORT